IT’S LIVE: RETURN TO CRUISING – JULY 3 - JULY 17 BAHAMA BACK-TO-BACK VOYAGES ON-BOARD CRYSTAL SERENITY

Keith1010

3 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Also keep in mind that you have to download the CANPASS app and then upload your proof of vaccination and also PCR test results to it.

I was hoping you would post, Roland.  I can probably figure out how to upload it but how many passengers will not be able to figure out how to do it.  Is there any talk that Crystal will do the PCR test-I don't care if they charge $250; I would just prefer not to have to go into a line up on Exuma to get it done.  What if there is a problem and I don't get the results in the form of a pdf that I can upload?

6 hours ago, bitob said:

For some reason the internet was awful on the two unexpected sea days at the beginning of the cruise. After that no issues whatsoever 

You got the chance of a  lifetime to experience what we did for six of the seven days of the first cruise with the exception being the first day  of the first cruise.

In fairness this is not easy and I commend Crystal for getting the internet the way it was in 2019.

Keith

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, travelwide said:

Hello Keith. Can you check if the next cruise is stopping at Bimini?

The answer is yes  for the third cruise on July  17 stopping there on the 18th.

Keith

2 hours ago, TER777 said:

Take a look at the Crystal Clean. I recall seeing it listed there. 

Yes I agree but PCR testing is not available and I posted on the other thread how the Canadians will need to deal with this.

Keith

Great day today.    

I always say each  cruise has some differences and this one did including no stop at Freeport  and my guess is because Serenity will bunker in Bimini.

Keith 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Do you mean CANPASS or ARRIVECAN?

Sorry, I meant ARRIVECAN. CANPASS was the very early predecessor of NEXUS! As I understand it, and I got this from an article in The Star when things changed on July 5, you can take a picture of the test results, and of your shot record too, and upload that.

4 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Sorry, I meant ARRIVECAN. CANPASS was the very early predecessor of NEXUS! As I understand it, and I got this from an article in The Star when things changed on July 5, you can take a picture of the test results, and of your shot record too, and upload that.

I just searched for CANPASS, found it and downloaded. Once downloaded it shows as ArriveCan.

2 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

I just searched for CANPASS, found it and downloaded. Once downloaded it shows as ArriveCan.

That may be where my confusion came from. That, or I am just getting old!!😁

Since we won't likely be leaving the country before next winter, and none of my clients are either, I have only been paying passing attention to this whole issue. I did just have a look at the ArriveCAN website and it seems pretty straightforward. I have to admit I am surprised Crystal will not provide the PCR test. There can't be THAT many Canadians onboard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Do you have to have the proof of vaccination on your smart phone or are they accepting codes in a printed form?

Ivi

Ivi, I have the cards, copies of the cards and also on my iPhone, Computer and iPad.

Keith 

11 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

That may be where my confusion came from. That, or I am just getting old!!😁

Since we won't likely be leaving the country before next winter, and none of my clients are either, I have only been paying passing attention to this whole issue. I did just have a look at the ArriveCAN website and it seems pretty straightforward. I have to admit I am surprised Crystal will not provide the PCR test. There can't be THAT many Canadians onboard!

I'm not going anywhere any time soon either 😉 but downloading apps and other useless (at least for now) stuff helps 🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, I have the cards, copies of the cards and also on my iPhone, Computer and iPad.

Keith 

Thanks Keith. The question is if it will be enough just to have the print out with the code, or if who ever needs to see the proof of vaccination wants to see it in the smart phone with a certain application. 
Ivi

21 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

I'm not going anywhere any time soon either 😉 but downloading apps and other useless (at least for now) stuff helps 🙂

I hear you!!🙂

We were booked on Endeavor for the Sep 15 out of Tromso, but with all the uncertainty we decided to cancel. We are booked on Serenity from Perth in March, but we all know WC 22 is not likely to happen. Waiting to see what Crystal comes up with for the winter, or we might look at Regent. Otherwise we will be waiting until we go on Crystal River in June 2022.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Do you have to have the proof of vaccination on your smart phone or are they accepting codes in a printed form?

Ivi

Ivi I am not sure but honestly I wouldn't go on a trip without the original card.

Keith

• Like 2

@Roland4we're booked on Serenity Auckland to Perth so if we're not going you're not either 🙂

If that gets cancelled as we anticipate, I'll look at something in the Summer. We're booked on Endeavor Panama to Lima in October '22 so that's exciting but quite a ways off.

Posted (edited)

So, given that you've been posting this week's menus on your site (and thanks for doing that), does that mean that they are not repeating from last week? Would be nice to be able to figure out which days to make specialty restaurant reservations based on menus we don't like as much.

Edited by MisterBill99

4 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

So, given that you've been posting this week's menus on your site (and thanks for doing that), does that mean that they are not repeating from last week? Would be nice to be able to figure out which days to make specialty restaurant reservations based on menus we don't like as much.

Items will be repeated week to week but could be  on different days or not prepared precisely  the same way.   I would not not make  any  assumptions that x item will be served on y  cruise on the same  day.  My  recommendation is to make the specialty restaurant reservations.  Should you see something on the menu that you like very much and you are dining somewhere else stop  by Waterside the day it is being  served and ask if you could special order it for the next eventing.  Speak to who is at the front desk after  you  enter Waterside which could be the restaurant manager  or one of the head waiters.

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smlnd said:

Keith, How were you able to print your Covid results.  Will the ship let you use a printer in the computer lab?

Yes I visited the Computer University, on Deck 7.  It's open 7x24.  

Keith

11 hours ago, Roland4 said:

I hear you!!🙂

We were booked on Endeavor for the Sep 15 out of Tromso, but with all the uncertainty we decided to cancel. We are booked on Serenity from Perth in March, but we all know WC 22 is not likely to happen. Waiting to see what Crystal comes up with for the winter, or we might look at Regent. Otherwise we will be waiting until we go on Crystal River in June 2022.

Feeling very sorry for you especially because it was on the brand new Endeavor ...

Since the pandemic I had 9 cancellations  on Crystal ( I did ask if they are going to give  a present when having 10 ??😄) ... and 5 on Hapag . hapag does refuse me despite full vaccination because i am not living in Germany , Swiss or Austria .

I cannot reach the Serenity due to extremely high air fares - everything does have a limit and I still cannot travel to the US. SS did cancel my Baltic cruise  and the heat in summer in the Med is not for me despite attractive fares on the Silver Moon. 

To be able to go on a cruise I did book an MSC in top degree - if it bad ok it is only 2100€

But I hope crystal will not cancel the river cruises in October or the Esprit afterwards. 

Good morning again everyone.

Well this thread while often staying on topic has certainly bounded around.  I am hopeful  we could  now get back on topic so maybe for items that belong on other threads people could just start new ones.  Thank you everyone.  

Thank you for those who followed this thread and followed the Blog  and to those of you who were kind enough to provide bon voyage and other greetings on this thread, blog and via e-mail and even text.

I believe I had a record number of questions for two one week questions but I was happy to answer as many as I could.   If I didn't answer you question it likely was because with all of the posts I missed it or it was just one of those one could not answer.

Todays blog will be posted early so expect it in a few hours.

A few things.  We have had a lot of first time Crystal Cruisers following along on this blog and on other threads.  The vast majority  of you are seasoned cruisers.  One thing to remember is do you remember that first cruise where you tried to learn as much as you could ahead of time and had list(s) of all you would do.  Now most of you if you are like me do not.  Part of the reason is to just go with the flow and just let Crystal show you all they are about.  I am a pretty organized person but when I cruise I just want to relax and just leet things unfold.   If I am too structured then we are going to have less fun than just seeing what each day  brings.  Don't worry if you  miss something on the menu one night.  Even if you don't  special order it  try something new.  For those who want to get to taste more things consider half orders.  

We enjoyed our last meal (tears) last night and it ended on another high note.  We had many appetizers from the suite menu and Champagne.  Having enjoyed an array of appetizers we enjoyed two courses from Waterside for dinner; starter salad followed by the swordfish.  I only mention this to comment about the swordfish.

This was the second time we had this swordfish as we had it on the first cruise.  Both times it was a wow.  It was tasty, moist and the sides which accompanied it were flavorful.  Best swordfish we have had for a very long time.  Adding to this is having it in our room meaning extra time for it to get from galley to our deck and from the butler pantry to our room.  

Sometimes when we have had the swordfish while very good it can be a little dryer.  I believe  part of this might have to do with time under warming lamp to table.  When we sailed Symphony in 2018 I thought thee vast majority of items in Waterside were cooked wonderfully and I feel the same way about our two weeks on Serenity when we have dined either at Waterside or ordered off the Waterside menu to our room.  I think  what is in common is not only the menu and the superb chefs and the associated prepping and the quality of thee food but also in both cases the ship was not full and at similar occupancy rates.

Anyway food for thought and of course no pun attended.

Again, Blog should be updated soon and by the time many of you wake up.

This has been a great cruise.  I hope to write a summary.  I also want to start  a thread about no two cruises being alike because they are not.  

Thank you for following.  It was a bit more challenging because of the internet for six days of the first two cruises and the first two days of the second cruise but it all worked out.  On top of this my MacBook Air keyboard is not cooperating fully  especially when I type the letter e and often it adds not one but to or more e's.  I came  to  realize that so many words have the lettered e in them. Sometimes I caught this. Other times I didn't.   I rarely reread what I write because if I did so I couldn't post half of what I do including answering the many questions and there would be no time to play paddle tennis.  LOL but pretty accurate.

We have lots to do when we get home and a short window.

Stay tuned for our next adventure coming very soon  to a theatre near you.  

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1