IT’S LIVE: RETURN TO CRUISING – JULY 3 - JULY 17 BAHAMA BACK-TO-BACK VOYAGES ON-BOARD CRYSTAL SERENITY

Keith1010

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I suspect there's a special security line in Vancouver because there a joint US-Canadian program called NEXUS that applies to both US and Canadian citizens and provides Global Entry privileges.  No such joint program with the Bahamas.

The special security line is mostly due to the physical layout of the pre-clearance at YVR.  One goes straight from priority security into the GE kiosk area, so it is limited to those with GE access privileges including NEXUS.  OTOH, there is a different security line that funnels into the regular CBP processing area that includes those with only Pre-Check and not GE/NEXUS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Liz, absolutely you can and you can use your credits if you have any as it is charged to your account on board the ship versus buying it ahead of time.

Keith

Crystal told me that I cannot use shipboard for transfers but it sounds like if we order the transfer on the ship, then I can use the shipboard credit?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, peribit said:

Crystal told me that I cannot use shipboard for transfers but it sounds like if we order the transfer on the ship, then I can use the shipboard credit?

I can't see why you cannot.  You can't do it a home but I am pretty sure on board.

Either way I would do this on board.

Have a great cruise.

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I can't see why you cannot.  You can't do it a home but I am pretty sure on board.

Either way I would do this on board.

Have a great cruise.

Keith

Thanks.

Ahhh...those are the kind we had on MSC Seaside, and I found it near impossible to fasten.  I had to fasten loosely and slide on.  Couldn't get the lug through the holes.  EM

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We didn't get them!

Don't need big brother......

When we came back to our suite tonight they were there on the coffee table.  Guess we will have to put them on tomorrow.

7 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Keith, thanks again for your time and effort to update us on your cruise! 

Perhaps our paths will cross again. 

We truly hope so. We really enjoyed sailing with you both.

Keith

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We didn't get them!

When someone tests positive we sure as heck will need the data.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 9

The wristbands are kind of cool.  My hope it sometime in the not too distant future, you could have the wristbands to take the place of your stateroom card.  Some brands do that now.  Like every single other kind of change, it takes a while for this to be accepted.  Putting all that aside, kind of cool technology. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We didn't get them!

Viking had a positive case in Iceland. Because they had the data, they were able to isolate, contract trace and test. Fortunately all negative. I read elsewhere that Icelandic authorities were considering ordering all guests into 14 day quarantine, but decided Viking's response was sufficient.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, gramfrog said:

Just an FYI to those future cruisers going to Bimini and thinking of booking a cabana:  not worth the price for the beach cabana. No food, not even water, included. Drinks are $12. Burgers and chicken sandwiches are $18-24. 

I thought the cabanas were great, but yes nothing was included. Here is a photo of the menu. Our meals were really good!

21 hours ago, CruiseAngel218 said:

Is the beach club nice?

We loved it. Rented a golf cart first which was not worth it in our opinion but the beach club was great and the facilities were spotless!

D7E784C0-1779-4CEB-9F6F-9B56696982E7.jpeg

• Like 1

Just updated our blog.

There were many comments that we have finally gotten to including questions from some of you on the Blog so just wanted to let you know we addressed them.

A couple of more things to go.  A review and a summary of enrichment and entertainment which I will be posting on CC soon.

Keith

• Like 3

I started to keep this while on the cruise but on the second cruise didn't keep it fully up to date but it will give everyone a feel of the extensive entertainment and enrichment program.  Yes there are typos.  Sorry.  Too much going on in our household right now.  LOL.

Things you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

A summary of people on board and a few little tidbits.

Who’s on Board?

Captain Birger Vorland, Cruise Director Rick Spath, Vice Captain Miho Radulic, Chief Engineer Robert Bayfield, Hotel Director Scott Peterson, Ship’s Doctor Andrii Shvets,  Crystal Society Host Andrew, Cruise Sales Consultant Paula Jean, Chief Concierge Marco, Concierge Ariella, Restaurant Manager Leo, Food & Beverage Manager Svein, Specialty Restaurant Maitre d’ Paolo, and hundred more of an amazing crew we have sailed with many times.

Golf Pro Joe Herbert

Pilates & Yoga Instructor Tammy Gibson

Bridge Instructors Bill Young & Debbie Hoveland

CY @ Sea Instructor Tim  Grey

Odyssey Art at Sea Instructor Maureen Schmidt

Fitness Director Dragan Milovancevic (he was on last years World Cruise)

Avenue Saloon Pianist Joel Spire

DJ Viviano

Guitarist Carlos

Richard & Irina 

Duo Julie & Andy

Crystal Cove Pianist Stepheen Roberts

Irina Guskova

There is a new Crystal Society Hostess who is presently in training Sara from Spain.  In a couple of weeks, she will be on her own and Crystal Society Host Andrew will be on Symphony when sailing restart.  Previously Sara was Crystal Society Hostess on two of the Crystal River Cruise Vessels. 

Lots  of  enrichment and  entertainment:

Crystal Magicians at Sea Christopher Tracy (10 shows twice a day 4:00 PM and 5:30 PM)

Shows/Entertainment so far

Rock & Pop-A-Mania Show featuring Tom Lowe & Elizabeth  Combs  with Serena,  Holly, Rachael, Natasha, Gabor, Bohdan, Dmitri, & Breett

Crystal Showband under the direction of Raphael.

My Life – James Fox

70’s and 80’s Tribute Dance Hour

The Great American Songbook with Bruce Hammond, Tom Lowe & Sarah Combs with the Crystal Showband.

Crystal White Extravaganza (two shows for the first time)

Crystal on Broadway Thee Show

The Crystal Showband & Friends

Bahama Nights Deck Party

Icons In Concert 

Lecturers

Dr. Jay Wolff (destination lecturer)

Dr. Jeffrey  Hoffman (former astronaut)

General Nick Halleey

Comedian John Joseph

Vocalist Karin Kovacova

Comedian Steve Stevens

Good news is the stores were opened on July 6.

A tidbit.  There are two women butlers and that is a first.  Sometimes, there have been one.   Congratulation’s ladies.

We have avoided most public bathrooms but did see in the one on Deck 5 no longer sink faucets but hand activated.  This is the case for all of the public restrooms.

Lots of hand sanitizers including outside each elevator.

If your flight is before 3:00 PM shared transfer to the airport is $50.00 per person.

After 3:00 PM Nassau Highlights and Airport Transfer $59.00 per person

Second Cruise.

Destination Lecturer Dr. Jay Wolff

Current Affairs Lectureere Michael Bishay

Special Interest Lecturer Dr. Jeffreey Hoffman

Welcome Aboard Variety  with Irina Guskova, Bruce Hammond and Crystal Showband.

Comedy with Steve Stevens

White Night Extravaganza

My Live Thee Music of Billy Joel

70’s &  80’s Tribute Dance Hour

Comedian John Joseph

Sweet Soul Music 

Featured Spotlight Performances

Crystal On Broadway Thee Show

Bahamas Nights Deck Party

12 Magician Performances

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Keith, for spending so much time out of your cruise working on this thread and your blog.  I loved "following your trip," even though I did it a little belatedly.  I'm glad that you and Anne Marie had such a good time, and am envious since I won't be able to sail until next spring.  

On 7/18/2021 at 1:26 PM, Keith1010 said:
On 7/18/2021 at 1:08 PM, peribit said:

Is this a new policy?  I am pretty sure that in the past I have arranged a post-cruise group transfer in the PCPC and they charged it to my on board account.  My balance was a lot more than my shipboard credits, though, so I don't know about that aspect of it.

Edited by SusieQft

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

Thank you, Keith, for spending so much time out of your cruise working on this thread and your blog.  I loved "following your trip," even though I did it a little belatedly.  I'm glad that you and Anne Marie had such a good time, and am envious since I won't be able to sail until next spring.  

Is this a new policy?  I am pretty sure that in the past I have arranged a post-cruise group transfer in the PCPC and they charged it to my on board account.  My balance was a lot more than my shipboard credits, though, so I don't know about that aspect of it.

Thank you so much for the nice comments and I am glad you were able to read this thread and the blog.

Let me address the transfer issue where you quote perlbit.

While you can book the private transfer using PCPC you actually pay for it in advance of the sailing either by Credit Card or check.  I will post what it says in PCPC in a moment.  For departures should you want to have it charged to your shipboard account you can book the transfers while on-board with the Concierge. 

This is from PCPC:

Thank you so much for the nice comments and I am glad you were able to read this thread and the blog.

Let me address the other issue.

Group transfers noted in PCPC are charged to your shipboard account but private transfers arranged through PCPC are not.

While you can book the private transfer using PCPC you actually pay for it in advance of the sailing either by Credit Card or check.  I will post what it says in PCPC in a moment.  For departures should you want to have it charged to your shipboard account you can book the transfers while on-board with the Concierge. 

This is from PCPC with respect to booking private transfers prior to your cruise.

Keith

Thank you for your interest in Crystal Cruises private transfer service. Please note private transfer request must be received at least 14 days prior to sailing and are only available in embarkation and debarkation port cities.

Private transfers must be paid in full before they will be confirmed. You may pay for private transfers by check or credit card, once you have accepted the quote. Once your payment is received, a transfer confirmation will be faxed to you within two business days. Private transfers are a customized service and therefore will not appear on your Priority Check-in and Planning Center Cruise Itinerary.

A minimum of 72 hours written notice is required to cancel a private transfer and receive a refund. Cancellation received within 72 hours of the time of the service will be non-refundable.

If you would like to receive a private transfer quote by email, please complete the form below and a representative will contact you with your customized quote.

• Thanks 1