Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

I have a really weird Health Status Attestation page:

Screenshot_20210715-204157_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.91cf0e7595f64e444bfe4566c8ceaa53.jpg

any ideas what to do?

I...uh...wow. I don't even know what to say when faced with that. 

If there was ever any doubt that the code monkeys for CCL/Princess are out of their depth, this clinches it. Just for grins, I looked up "ipsum dolor" and skipped all the meat. There's a rather interesting article on how this stuff gets generated, placeholder text, etc. If anyone's curious: https://loremipsum.io

One thing I caught in this last Monday's "Medallion Monday" video was that El Capitan was saying how he was working with the rest of the IT Team in Miami on the new features (most of which don't presently work). I guess you can do IT from anywhere, but Miami? Not Silicon Valley or even Seattle but...Miami? I know when I think of the changing face of technology, the first place I think of is ::drumroll:: Miami. </sarcasm>

At this point, and I say this as someone booked for the 8/8 Alaska trip, all we can do is laugh. I mean, really?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2021 at 2:16 PM, PROCRUISE said:

Well, just got the word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner too.

"Only iPhone 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags!"

Great way to treat return clients Princess.

Not true.  Go online to your cruise personalizer and it says you dtill need to print your luggage tags.  You have to attach them to your bags.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:59 PM, CeCe_ said:

My husband has an older cell phone and he doesn't bother to upgrade just for the Medallion app.   Can husband and wife share one Medallion app on a cell phone with different login of course?  In fact, I can see my husband when I log into mine.  I believe it is expected, though being in the same booking, but Princess support said it is mandatory he must use a different device with his own medallion app.  So ridiculous.

I've seen references to the fact that an Iphone needs to be an 8 or more recent.  What about Android?  DH's phone is a Samsung S8, works just fine.  Does he need a newer phone?  Now Samsung is up to 21!

31 minutes ago, norwega said:

I've seen references to the fact that an Iphone needs to be an 8 or more recent.  What about Android?  DH's phone is a Samsung S8, works just fine.  Does he need a newer phone?  Now Samsung is up to 21!

I have the Samsung S10e (the little S10). Works fine. Runs the latest version of Android. The S8 shipped with Android 7 - which doesn't work with the MC app. It can be "officially" upgraded to Android 9 which is fine for the MC App. If you are tech savvy and willing to mess with things you can get an unofficial update to Android 11. If you don't know what you are doing I'd avoid going that route. Just update the phone to Android 9 and it should be fine.  Check the settings and the current version. It will either have automagically updated or you should be offered the option to do so at that point.

• Like 1

This app is useless. I keep getting blank pages coming up and today it has deleted all my upcoming cruise details. Now asking me to link the cruise references and when I do so it does not recognise the number! I predict chaos next week when the first seacation  sails from Southampton !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

This app is useless. I keep getting blank pages coming up and today it has deleted all my upcoming cruise details. Now asking me to link the cruise references and when I do so it does not recognise the number! I predict chaos next week when the first seacation  sails from Southampton !

Same here. I've give up on it for a while until things settle down. 

2 hours ago, Alcairns said:

After reading your post, I went on to the app, same thing happened to me, both my cruise booking references aren’t recognised, one of the cruises is the 1sr seacation leaving Southampton 31st July. That is if we ever get to board the ship! 

3 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Same here this app is just a headache.

• Like 1

norwega;   to answer your question regarding can two people use the same app.  Yes,  both my wife and I are listed under my medallion class app using my password.  We both have our passports uploaded, profile and security pics uploaded.  We have all green checkmarks except the health questionare which we can't complete until 72 hrs before departure.  Hope this answers your question.

I have an Iphone 11 and my wife uses a Iphone 7plus

• Like 2

The only thing I had left to fill in was health status 72 hours before the cruise.  Just logged in and it dropped half of the information for my family. Two weeks ago they wanted us to put our flight info in, wouldn’t take the info but it did remove all of our flights from my Princess.com booking. Called and 2 hours later they got it all added back in.

The OM dev team that is running the development of this app needs to STOP making changes on the production system until software changes are fully vetted in their test environment. The OM app development team is single handedly destroying the Princess brand and customer satisfaction. OM is a good concept but very very poorly implemented.

• Like 5

Wow.  This is not good - when folks are all setup and then their data just disappears.  They already had enough problems without this as well.

Reading the latest posts had me launch MC App.  When I did, the OceanReady Profile indicated BLUE Lane with only Medallion Step 2 checked GREEN.  Tapped on Personal Info & Docs and 100% all Green checks.  Back to OceanReady Profile and indicated Green Lane now, but with only Medallions (#2) and Health (#5) checked Green.  Very strange.

Next, I tapped on Payment info (#3) and got "white screen of death".  First time seeing that happen in that section.

Section #4 (Arrival Groups) did nothing of course since it is way too early.

Section #5 tap brought up the info okay that I had already entered and saved.

But returning to home page (OceanReady Profile) still had no Green Check.

Went back to Step #1 - Pers Info. When that comes up, it is all Green checked.

Backed out to Home Page (OceanReady).  This time, still in Blue Lane with only #2 checked.

But - wait for it - after several seconds, Step #5 went Green and then I was back in the Green Lane.

With Steps 1 & 3 still not checked.

Go figure that.

WTH is going on here?

Re-entered Personal Info and tapped into a few sections.

When I attempted to enter the Travel Info section, got another WSOD.

When restarting the App after the WSOD, I was back in Blue previously, but this time, I was in Green Lane with Green checks for 1,2,3 & 5 - as it was yesterday.

Strange indeed.  But I think Travel Info may be flaky again.

Our second voyage loaded in just fine.  But it definitely took a while to pop in all the green check marks and show Green Lane.  Switched back to the first voyage.  Again, have to wait for those check marks to populate.  Definitely flaky this morning.

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Wow.  This is not good - when folks are all setup and then their data just disappears.  They already had enough problems without this as well.

Reading the latest posts had me launch MC App.  When I did, the OceanReady Profile indicated BLUE Lane with only Medallion Step 2 checked GREEN.  Tapped on Personal Info & Docs and 100% all Green checks.  Back to OceanReady Profile and indicated Green Lane now, but with only Medallions (#2) and Health (#5) checked Green.  Very strange.

Next, I tapped on Payment info (#3) and got "white screen of death".  First time seeing that happen in that section.

Section #4 (Arrival Groups) did nothing of course since it is way too early.

Section #5 tap brought up the info okay that I had already entered and saved.

But returning to home page (OceanReady Profile) still had no Green Check.

Went back to Step #1 - Pers Info. When that comes up, it is all Green checked.

Backed out to Home Page (OceanReady).  This time, still in Blue Lane with only #2 checked.

But - wait for it - after several seconds, Step #5 went Green and then I was back in the Green Lane.

With Steps 1 & 3 still not checked.

Go figure that.

WTH is going on here?

Re-entered Personal Info and tapped into a few sections.

When I attempted to enter the Travel Info section, got another WSOD.

When restarting the App after the WSOD, I was back in Blue previously, but this time, I was in Green Lane with Green checks for 1,2,3 & 5 - as it was yesterday.

Strange indeed.  But I think Travel Info may be flaky again.

Our second voyage loaded in just fine.  But it definitely took a while to pop in all the green check marks and show Green Lane.  Switched back to the first voyage.  Again, have to wait for those check marks to populate.  Definitely flaky this morning.

1) - it's the weekend

2) - Princess has stated a MAJOR revamp to the app is coming 8/31

why all the angst and worry for ANY cruises except the about to start Alaska cruises ?? then ACTUAL real time data / problems from poster who have actually checked in, boarded, got dining times, gone to shows, etc, etc, etc

just my opinion - but some posters seemed seemed super stressed over this app, and threatening to never cruise Princess again

is it really worth all that now ???

• Like 1

I believe those who are about to cruise on the U.K. seacations two weeks today have every right to worry and vent their angst. A revamp of the app on 31/8 is too late for them. App should not have been launched until it works! 

1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

The appl. is not working right now. Can't do anything with it. Not just me, my friends are saying the same. I am not going to try to enter anything. Let's see what Monday brings.

Having the same experience this morning. We will see what happens on Monday. 

The app for me has been temperamental today and yesterday. It will occasionally have my cruises disappear and not be able to find them however leaving for a bit, then coming back after an hour or so and I can access the booking again. 

Think it's just a waiting game - hopefully it gets solved before the Southampton cruises start as that could be a nightmare for staff to deal with.

56 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

I believe those who are about to cruise on the U.K. seacations two weeks today have every right to worry and vent their angst. A revamp of the app on 31/8 is too late for them. App should not have been launched until it works! 

when do the seacations start ???  are they on the Princess website under plan a cruise?

I don't understand why so many people who are having major difficulties fail to go to the app download pages and post negative reviews detailing their issues. Complaining on CC isn't getting the complaints to the people who need to hear them. Post on the download sites. Detail the issues there. If you have already posted a review then update it with new information. Posting here is like a "wheel squeaking in space". Nobody can hear it.

Edited by Thrak

Seacations start from Southampton on 31st July. They are for fully vaccinated  U.K. citizens only. They are short 4 day cruises to nowhere and back. There is one in July which is sold out and three in August. They are on Princess U.K. site. 

• Thanks 1

This is so funny. My iPhone 7 works fine with the app. My wife’s iPhone 12 doesn’t work at all. I think we may just give up and just show up at the port and see what they do. lol.  Not really serious but won’t try again till closer to our January cruise

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

1) - it's the weekend

2) - Princess has stated a MAJOR revamp to the app is coming 8/31

why all the angst and worry for ANY cruises except the about to start Alaska cruises ?? then ACTUAL real time data / problems from poster who have actually checked in, boarded, got dining times, gone to shows, etc, etc, etc

just my opinion - but some posters seemed seemed super stressed over this app, and threatening to never cruise Princess again

is it really worth all that now ???

Yes, they may be working on it this weekend, but then why not just take it off-line and post an announcement like they do for the website? 

I'd like to correct again on this MAJOR revamp.  The App is the software and they are addressing issues and fixing things as they go along.  The August target is to complete all of the data fixes that were messed up when they converted from POLAR/Cruise Personalizer.  The App doesn't need a revamp to correct data issues.  I am not sure a timeline has been offered as to when certain functionality will be upgrade/improved, such as DMW.  In direct discussion, I was not told of a date, but it will be improved.

While not super-stressed, I think it is important that Princess understand the customer experience and level of frustration and what this is doing to their reputation among customers - and perhaps others.  I have spent some effort in communicating issues (with details on App behavior and feedback on results) to Princess and it has been appreciated.  I try to let people know what I see happening of significance on here so they know not alone and I appreciate reading what others have experienced for same reason and often there have been tips to help resolve a functional issue. 

If you step back, this whole mess reflects very poorly on Princess and Carnival as a corporation.  Customers of RCL group report their similar App is working just fine.  I want Princess to be successful so we can continue to experience great voyages on great ships with great staff.  I hope they can soon put best foot forward and get out of this implementation failure.  We can see that slowly things are improving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, norwega said:

No, he does not need a newer phone.  His phone is 3 years old.  In today's technology, a two years old mobile phone could be called old.  Our kids traded in theirs every year.  I have a pretty new phone.  Hubby delegated me handling all his traveling needs, and I got both of us MC ready with only my phone.