Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I am just trying to order medallions for myself and DH. 

I click on Blue lane, go to Choose your Medallion wearable, it asks for reservation details but when they are entered it has box saying “link booking”. I enter the res no and then it tells me that this booking has already been claimed. Same thing happens when I try to add personal information & documents. I’m at a loss to work out how to proceed. I’ve logged out and back in again. I’ve restarted my phone. Nothing works. Hope someone can help. 

6 hours ago, sandancer said:

I am just trying to order medallions for myself and DH. 

I click on Blue lane, go to Choose your Medallion wearable, it asks for reservation details but when they are entered it has box saying “link booking”. I enter the res no and then it tells me that this booking has already been claimed. Same thing happens when I try to add personal information & documents. I’m at a loss to work out how to proceed. I’ve logged out and back in again. I’ve restarted my phone. Nothing works. Hope someone can help. 

When you log into the MC App, your photo should be in top left corner.  Tap on that and a menu slides out from the left side.  Are your voyages listed there?

Try logging using the "Quick Access" feature where you provide Booking Number, Name, Birthdate.  See if that takes you into the cruise.  

You are Blue Lane since you have not complete required or standard information.  If not finding success with the App, try going into Cruise Personlizer and use the provided link on the main page where they are suggesting to download the App from the Apple Store or Google Store.  That is a web version of the MC App Personal Information & Documents section of OCEAN Ready in the App.  You should be able to complete registration there (including the Medallion ordering).  Recently, they added web access to DineMyWay (DMW) as well.

• Like 1

I found out that on board if your picture isn't there, you have to log out and back in to get all features.

We did a b2b which was sold as a 14day. On turn around day, all the names had disappeared on our deck. Had to go and get a hard key card till it was rebooted.

I ordered 2 beers and told the waiter I'd be up at the hot tub. My wife got 6 beers delivered to our room?

Her medallion was the one that always opened the door no matter who was walking in front.

I couldn't order from room service under my name, only hers. I ordered 1 Fillet, ! Lamb, 1 black and blue soup and 1 scallop appetizer. Got 2 lambs, 2 appetizers, and all was cold, But wasn't charged!!

Room pizza weel worth the $3.

I'm not "Smartphone" smart. I have an Android and have the app installed. I'm not sure how to just get the update. I don't want to make a mistake and lose the dining reservations I was finally able to get. Help?!

Just trying to upload proof of vaccination and I get the message that it’s pending approval..it’s been a couple of days now..is this a glitch that I’ve come across or is this normal wait time? Everything else went smoothly but I know that others encountered issues as well…

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Camelia- said:

Just trying to upload proof of vaccination and I get the message that it’s pending approval..it’s been a couple of days now..is this a glitch that I’ve come across or is this normal wait time? Everything else went smoothly but I know that others encountered issues as well…

Thanks!

Approval I believe is at the port after you show documents, not before.  Maybe a future feature.  
Others have posted it turned to approved after the boarded.

You’re fine.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, konatyme said:

I'm not "Smartphone" smart. I have an Android and have the app installed. I'm not sure how to just get the update. I don't want to make a mistake and lose the dining reservations I was finally able to get. Help?!

The App doesn't hold any data.  Your saved data related to the voyage(s) you are booked for is stored in Princess servers.  The App only has some local cookie type options and screen painting most likely.  You don't lose data when updating the App release level as you are replacing/updating the local software (programming) on your device.

Edited by Steelers36

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The App doesn't hold any data.  Your saved data related to the voyage(s) you are booked for is stored in Princess servers.  The App only has some local cookie type options and screen painting most likely.  You don't lose data when updating the App release level as you are replacing/updating the local software (programming) on your device.

Just a bit more info for @konatyme who appears not sure how to get the update. Usually your phone has a message on the main screen that there are a number of updates to install. Click on that message and follow.

However if that doesn't appear go to the Play Store App. Up the top on the right hand side you should have a menu (you may need to click on a Capital letter - in my case there is an upper case "G"). Click that and you'll get an option "manage apps and device". Tap that and you'll see "updates available" and it might say x number of updates pending. Tap "update all" and your phone will then update any Apps.

Hope that helps.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, Steelers36 said:

When you log into the MC App, your photo should be in top left corner.  Tap on that and a menu slides out from the left side.  Are your voyages listed there?

Try logging using the "Quick Access" feature where you provide Booking Number, Name, Birthdate.  See if that takes you into the cruise.  

You are Blue Lane since you have not complete required or standard information.  If not finding success with the App, try going into Cruise Personlizer and use the provided link on the main page where they are suggesting to download the App from the Apple Store or Google Store.  That is a web version of the MC App Personal Information & Documents section of OCEAN Ready in the App.  You should be able to complete registration there (including the Medallion ordering).  Recently, they added web access to DineMyWay (DMW) as well.

I have tried 3 different ways and can Not load anything for our cruise in 2 weeks.

This trip was booked last minute as we had to cancel one a couple weeks ago.

On App or online, I CAN get all my other cruises and CAN update those.

But Not this recent one. It appears to be listed on the App, but can't do anything.

Wondering if anyone has had probs when its a Recent Trip addition?

Thinking that must be the problem.....hoping to fix it without having to call Princess again?

19 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I have tried 3 different ways and can Not load anything for our cruise in 2 weeks.

But Not this recent one. It appears to be listed on the App, but can't do anything.

Thinking that must be the problem.....hoping to fix it without having to call Princess again?

If recent is past day or so, it can take a couple of days for MC App to get syn'd with POLAR.  if not, then suggest you call 1.800.PRINCES and use the phone tree options to get to MC App assistance. 

2 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Do what you can on the website to checkin.  On your cruise personalizer, checkin see “the website version.”

It does like @Steelers36said, take a few days for the old cancelled one and the new one to show up in the App.

If it’s still an issue, then call them for help, as was advised.

• Like 1

Thanks Steelers & Pac.  I think I did all of that... but wondering about the online version.

Got nowhere on the website trying that way.  It continues to ask me to Log in again.

I've logged in every which way. 

I will probably need to call, because it seems to hinge on this latest booking.

Wasn't there a Link published where we could enter our info?

I used it before, and it worked when I was having probs with the App. 

(might have been in Dec.)

But I can Not seem to find it....

"Something went wrong, try again later."

Thanks Thrak,  I tried it.

Thats too bad,  I know its worked for me before.

Appears its the same place now as when you enter thru your Personalizer Acct.

Same as in.... still Not working for me.  I guess I will have to call.

I want to share how much I appreciate all my fellow CC members' pain that went into trying to debug this app out before I gave it a try this past weekend. Though I was genuinely concerned about trying it, I know their challenging work and complaints went a long way to force Princess to get this darn app to work.

So, to report, I had zero issues from beginning to end inputting all info/data into app on my iphone13. It took a couple of days to get all green check marks for all documents and pics I scanned. We were able to get all DMW reservations including specialty reservations for our cruise this coming Oct 1.

I just wanted to share my gratitude to all the members here that have helped with their comments (both positive and negative) to force this app to work.

Cheers,

John

• Like 10

10 hours ago, teacherplus said:

Do you need to link your booking using https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

I haven’t figured out the app and it says all arrival times are full I’m 71 days out.

thank you for any help 

It's just a placeholder for now.  71 days is generally too soon to expect to select an Arrival Group.