Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

16 minutes ago, tarheelz1995 said:

I was working every bit of charm, schmooze, and pander I could.  I also threw in just a hint of desperation.

I now know everything about the nice CSR lady's kids, job, and vacation preferences (she's scared to get on a boat).  We also covered the Seattle weather and the view from her desk in some detail.

Just chatted to them - they denied all knowledge of any ability for them to add an arrival time for me, but did offer to pass the issue onto their IT team for them to take a look - that would be the third time that would have been done!

She did offer that the teminal aware of the issues so if we cannot book a time then just turn up, so we may have to go with that 😉

Thinking generally about the App this morning and I realized, our travelling companions and my DW would not have a clue how to handle Medallion App. Even if it worked perfectly! This is not a new idea but it really hit me when I thought of specific people. It really put into perspective how ridiculous this App is.

• Like 1

Don't think it is worth the time on hold before someone answers, the breath it takes to explain what isn't working, listening to the answer they can't fix it and will refer it to their Tech people, being told you will get email when it is fixed, the time it takes each time you go into appl and see no fix, I could go on and on.

The bigger problem is their Application doesn't update itself, some things but not all.

I was going to just try uninstalling and then reinstalling but was told that won't fix it either.I asked about the Big Update that someone on Cruise Critic was told would happen end of August. The person I spoke to said there are always updates and she didn't know about "The Big One".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

I was going to just try uninstalling and then reinstalling but was told that won't fix it either.

I lost functionality after deleting / reinstalling !

Has anyone been able to book entertainment in the APP?  I'm on the August 8th sailing and it's not even an option for me but I thought I read that people are already doing that so I'm concerned that we are missing out and nothing will be available! There's so many threads about the APP that I can't find where someone posted about it.  Thoughts?

It'

1 hour ago, Esjung1 said:

Has anyone been able to book entertainment in the APP?  I'm on the August 8th sailing and it's not even an option for me but I thought I read that people are already doing that so I'm concerned that we are missing out and nothing will be available! There's so many threads about the APP that I can't find where someone posted about it.  Thoughts?

It's posted on the Live From thread for the July 25 sailing... 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I lost functionality after deleting / reinstalling !

Based on experiences such as yours, I haven’t attempted to risk making it even worse.

For our Fall cruise everything except for arrival & health are done which should be available closer to sailing. There are some issues with our Spring ‘22 cruise but we have DMW reservations & will wait to see if future updates will correct our problems. Surprisingly our Fall ‘22 cruise is like this year’s cruise without any problems.

Edited by Astro Flyer

6 hours ago, castlebello said:

She did offer that the terminal aware of the issues so if we cannot book a time then just turn up, so we may have to go with that 😉

LOL.  So, throw the Arrival Groups out the window and just show up early and tell them the App is crap and you don't know anything about when should arrive.  They'll have virtually everyone in Group A.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL.  So, throw the Arrival Groups out the window and just show up early and tell them the App is crap and you don't know anything about when should arrive.  They'll have virtually everyone in Group A.

I've just had an email come through (I'm on the UK 7th August cruise) that says if you can't book a time/don't book an arrival time via the app then they've designated a slot based on your cabin number for example cabins on Dolphin and Emerald arrive at 1pm. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gillynomad said:

I've just had an email come through (I'm on the UK 7th August cruise) that says if you can't book a time/don't book an arrival time via the app then they've designated a slot based on your cabin number for example cabins on Dolphin and Emerald arrive at 1pm. 

OMG - not that again.  Has nothing to do with social distancing.  Just arbitrary crap like they used to do.  It favors some decks by luck and disfavors others.

• Like 2

Where in Medallion App can we 'Link Bookings' I think that is how I added DW to my login previously and it seemed I could manage both of us from one account. Both photos showed on Personal Info Page.

Since reloading the App it has gone back to just me with one Photo. I was able to add DW as Travelling Companion but that does not bring her photo up on the Personal Info page as it used to do.

Also I can no longer login to Medallion with DW account - I asked for email to reset password but no email so far. I also tried Answer Security Question, but then it says What Is Your Email and cannot find that email in the system ! Perhaps DW account has been lost - I hope so 🙂

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Where in Medallion App can we 'Link Bookings' I think that is how I added DW to my login previously and it seemed I could manage both of us from one account. Both photos showed on Personal Info Page.

Since reloading the App it has gone back to just me with one Photo. I was able to add DW as Travelling Companion but that does not bring her photo up on the Personal Info page as it used to do.

Also I can no longer login to Medallion with DW account - I asked for email to reset password but no email so far. I also tried Answer Security Question, but then it says What Is Your Email and cannot find that email in the system ! Perhaps DW account has been lost - I hope so 🙂

You and wife should be on the same booking in the same cabin - or am I leaping to a false assumption? 🤪

Try getting in as her with Confirmation Code, F&L Name, BDate.  You don't add your cabinmate as a Travel Companion.  That is supposed to be for others you know on the same voyage who you are looking to dine with or do other things together.

I wonder if there is a data issue or they have a different email for wife?  You could phone Princess and see what they have in her Captain's Circle profile.  Also confirm what they have for CC Member Number matches what is in the reservation.  You can look at your booking confirmation or Travel Summary and you should see both your CC Member Numbers.

Posted (edited)

Just as we thought we could sit back to relax a bit before packing for the cruise, we received an email with instruction to download another app.  Really?  Princess?   Princessssss, princesssssssss.......

"Downloaded the NHS app to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination at cruise
check-in (MUST be done at least 24 hours prior to sailing).

"

Edited by CeCe_
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CeCe_ said:

Just as we thought we could sit back to relax a bit before packing for the cruise, we received an email with instruction to download another app.  Really?  Princess?   Princessssss, princesssssssss.......

"Downloaded the NHS app to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination at cruise
check-in (MUST be done at least 24 hours prior to sailing).

"

Time must be given to do this as it is not often quick. The NHS vaccine passport is used for all holidays in UK. See Princess link

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-cruises/

Sorry just seen that some Americans have had this email.  Most confusing, presume ignore. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

OMG - not that again.  Has nothing to do with social distancing.  Just arbitrary crap like they used to do.  It favors some decks by luck and disfavors others.

Yep we got the same thing yesterday evening - our slot is now 3 hours later than we would have chosen!  Great!

Posted (edited)

I could not find my question in the search field. BTW..I hate the new search field now.

Anyway...we are platinum on Princess but have never been on Medallion Class. We will be on the Majestic in August..hopefully anyway! 🤞 So to get these medallions, is there a cost? I can't imagine them being free. I see that you can order them from the app prior to your cruise. Are these something that you keep and use on another ship next time?

Also how safe is this app? Kind of scary since your downloading your pass port.😬

Thanks in advance.😊

Edited by P.A.

The medallion and a lanyard  are free. You order through the app.  You can get bracelets and other accessories for your medallion for a cost. Shipping to your home is free or you can pick it up at the port. 

To check in, most information  is now required to be entered into or to uploaded to the medallion class app on your phone other electronic device such as a tablet. The cruise personalizer is now utilized only for a small number of items such as Ez Air reaervations and printing out luggage tags. Many people are having a lot of difficulty with the app. The check in process has not been going smoothly. 

I apologize if this has been *recently* posted- buthas anyone been able to book the same table/restaurant for any of the upcoming Alaska cruises? I can do specialty and a separate MDR for each night, but not one table for the whole time.

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, P.A. said:

Are these something that you keep and use on another ship next time?

No, you get a new Medallion each time.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, erber said:

The medallion and a lanyard  are free. You order through the app.  You can get bracelets and other accessories for your medallion for a cost. Shipping to your home is free or you can pick it up at the port. 

To check in, most information  is now required to be entered into or to uploaded to the medallion class app on your phone other electronic device such as a tablet. The cruise personalizer is now utilized only for a small number of items such as Ez Air reaervations and printing out luggage tags. Many people are having a lot of difficulty with the app. The check in process has not been going smoothly. 

Thanks so much for this info. That is a bummer it is not running smoothly. Hopefully they can get the bugs worked out before sailings pick up.

Now Princess sends us an "Emergency Notification" stating we must also have the NHS completed. Well, added the app to my phone got clear up to the requested phone umber: UK phone or International to receive log in number. Well since I don't live in the UK I put in the Internation number which is simply +1 and my number. Received nothing back after 5 attempts.

Well Princess, my TA says that since we have completed the Medallion App, are in the green line, have proof of vaccination, our passports, and luggage tags printed out and ready to attach, we're good to go!

Never in my past 34 cruises has boarding a ship been made so difficult and frustrating. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You and wife should be on the same booking in the same cabin - or am I leaping to a false assumption? 🤪

Try getting in as her with Confirmation Code, F&L Name, BDate.  You don't add your cabinmate as a Travel Companion.  That is supposed to be for others you know on the same voyage who you are looking to dine with or do other things together.

I wonder if there is a data issue or they have a different email for wife?  You could phone Princess and see what they have in her Captain's Circle profile.  Also confirm what they have for CC Member Number matches what is in the reservation.  You can look at your booking confirmation or Travel Summary and you should see both your CC Member Numbers.

Well DW has threatened separate cabins a few times 🙂

I will check again later - have to leave my PC and switch to the iPad !!! I remembered I had 'Linked Booking' to get her listed on my Medallion App initially. Actually I thought Travelling Companion would be Cabin Mate and Link Booking would be for other passengers in your Group.

1 hour ago, Informatics Nurse said:

I apologize if this has been *recently* posted- buthas anyone been able to book the same table/restaurant for any of the upcoming Alaska cruises? I can do specialty and a separate MDR for each night, but not one table for the whole time.

Thoughts?

I have the exact same problem however my cruises aren't until Sept 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erber said:

If you have OBC, wait till you're on the ship to buy bling for your medallion.

BTW: it can only be used once.

1 hour ago, Informatics Nurse said:

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, PROCRUISE said:

Now Princess sends us an "Emergency Notification" stating we must also have the NHS completed. Well, added the app to my phone got clear up to the requested phone umber: UK phone or International to receive log in number. Well since I don't live in the UK I put in the Internation number which is simply +1 and my number. Received nothing back after 5 attempts.

Well Princess, my TA says that since we have completed the Medallion App, are in the green line, have proof of vaccination, our passports, and luggage tags printed out and ready to attach, we're good to go!

Never in my past 34 cruises has boarding a ship been made so difficult and frustrating. 

Someone pushed the wrong button and sent that notice to some in the US...it's for UK pax.

• Like 2