Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you have OBC, wait till you're on the ship to buy bling for your medallion.

BTW: it can only be used once.

Not to be too picky, but it is the Medallion that is used for one cruise not the Bling 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Informatics Nurse said:

I apologize if this has been *recently* posted- buthas anyone been able to book the same table/restaurant for any of the upcoming Alaska cruises? I can do specialty and a separate MDR for each night, but not one table for the whole time.

Thoughts?

Yes. I was able to book a nightly reservation for our Alaska cruise on 8/29 but I did it several weeks ago and a lot has changed. Have you tried booking a reservation for each night separately instead of clicking on “reserve for the same time each day”? The reason I mention this is I couldn’t book a nightly reservation for our November sailing. I had to go in and book each night individually. The “reserve for the same time each day” worked for me for August sailing but not for November sailing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Well DW has threatened separate cabins a few times 🙂

I will check again later - have to leave my PC and switch to the iPad !!! I remembered I had 'Linked Booking' to get her listed on my Medallion App initially. Actually I thought Travelling Companion would be Cabin Mate and Link Booking would be for other passengers in your Group.

That is my take as well. My wife has the same booking number as me. If I want to link another booking number it would be someone who does not have the same booking number.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Well DW has threatened separate cabins a few times 🙂

I will check again later - have to leave my PC and switch to the iPad !!! I remembered I had 'Linked Booking' to get her listed on my Medallion App initially. Actually I thought Travelling Companion would be Cabin Mate and Link Booking would be for other passengers in your Group.

You cabinmate is an automatic companion.  In the MC App, you add additional Travel Companions by entering their booking confirmation number (and they can add you).  It then allows any of you to book dining, etc, for the entire party. 

Linking Bookings is a terminology for the POLAR system where cruise bookings are made.  Linked bookings in POLAR let Princess know people are traveling together that are on separate reservation bookings.  They don't use the Link terminology in MC App AFAIK. 

ETA - They had to LINK bookings in POLAR in order to setup joint dining when the Princess reps did it in POLAR.  The info went to the MD's on the ships.  Hopefully, DMW will provide similar info (I guess it will when it is fully realized).

Edited by Steelers36

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That is my take as well. My wife has the same booking number as me. If I want to link another booking number it would be someone who does not have the same booking number.

Just a terminology thing and where it is done (Add Companion versus Link).  See Post #380.

I have some updates on two items in the MC App functionality that have been changing or misbehaving:

• The vaccination upload function has been temporarily disabled. This results in the UPLOAD button for vaccine proof being invisible.  They hope to have this re-enabled soon.
  • The white screen issue many of us have encountered when using Health Status section is confirmed as an intermittent problem and therefore more difficult to troubleshoot. Resources are heavily focused (their words) on resolving this.
  • I can mention a work-around for the WSOD - on Android, swipe up from bottom of phone screen and the basic command line appears.  (Three vertical bars on the left; a rounded square in the middle; and a "<" symbol on the right).  Tap the "<" symbol and you should get back to the prior screen and escape the WSOD without re-starting the App.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Yes. I was able to book a nightly reservation for our Alaska cruise on 8/29 but I did it several weeks ago and a lot has changed. Have you tried booking a reservation for each night separately instead of clicking on “reserve for the same time each day”? The reason I mention this is I couldn’t book a nightly reservation for our November sailing. I had to go in and book each night individually. The “reserve for the same time each day” worked for me for August sailing but not for November sailing. 

I just gave in and did this. At one point today, it allowed me to book one table for the whole time I was there- but not for my brother and his wife in a separate, but linked, cabin. 

Silly question, but I've only done dine your way aka walk up. If you have traditional dining, do you normally get the same sever each night? I have on Disney, but I've only done walk up with other cruise lines- so I don't know how it normally worked with Princess or elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, Informatics Nurse said:

Silly question, but I've only done dine your way aka walk up. If you have traditional dining, do you normally get the same sever each night? I have on Disney, but I've only done walk up with other cruise lines- so I don't know how it normally worked with Princess or elsewhere. 

Same server every night.

• Thanks 1

Here is an update on MedallionNet ordering and billing:

• MedallionNet discount for Elite and Platinum guests: If purchasing pre-cruise, the discount will be applied as a refundable OBC once you arrive onboard. Once the MedallionClass App is updated to be able to buy MedallionNet in that environment, the discount will be applied directly. 
  • Just to be clear, if wait to book on-board (and why would you if at all possible to get it ahead of time at lower cost), you will be charged the net cost - no OBC involved.
  • This means purchasing pre-cruise or on-board is treated the same as far as the discount goes since it is like cash.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You cabinmate is an automatic companion.  In the MC App, you add additional Travel Companions by entering their booking confirmation number (and they can add you).  It then allows any of you to book dining, etc, for the entire party.

I am now lost as to how it worked initially - both of our photos would appear on the Personal Info page and I loaded passports for each of us etc. I do not know if this happened normally or if I  chose to link something. And since I set up an Account for DW - which does not let us login. I do not see DW on my Login. I will call support line tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I am now lost as to how it worked initially - both of our photos would appear on the Personal Info page and I loaded passports for each of us etc. I do not know if this happened normally or if I  chose to link something. And since I set up an Account for DW - which does not let us login. I do not see DW on my Login. I will call support line tomorrow.

You didn’t do anything to get both of you there initially.  It use to be there for me too and it also now gone.  There is nothing you can link because they are already your cabin mate.  My DH does show in my travel party. My cruise is not until late next year so it’s not bothering me. I’m going to wait until the next update to see if it goes back.  I can always access my DH’s info by logging in with his id.  Just wanted to let you know it’s not just you. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

You didn’t do anything to get both of you there initially.  It use to be there for me too and it also now gone.  There is nothing you can link because they are already your cabin mate.  My DH does show in my travel party. My cruise is not until late next year so it’s not bothering me. I’m going to wait until the next update to see if it goes back.  I can always access my DH’s info by logging in with his id.  Just wanted to let you know it’s not just you. 

Thanks for the input. What do you mean 'shows in travel party' ?

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you have OBC, wait till you're on the ship to buy bling for your medallion.

BTW: it can only be used once.

9 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Not to be too picky, but it is the Medallion that is used for one cruise not the Bling 🙂

9 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

picky, picky, picky 😜

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Sorry about that 🙂

Don't be sorry.  The original post was ambiguous.  You just cleared it up.

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Here is an update on MedallionNet ordering and billing:

• MedallionNet discount for Elite and Platinum guests: If purchasing pre-cruise, the discount will be applied as a refundable OBC once you arrive onboard. Once the MedallionClass App is updated to be able to buy MedallionNet in that environment, the discount will be applied directly. 
  • Just to be clear, if wait to book on-board (and why would you if at all possible to get it ahead of time at lower cost), you will be charged the net cost - no OBC involved.
  • This means purchasing pre-cruise or on-board is treated the same as far as the discount goes since it is like cash.

Thanks for the information. You should be working for Princess. You seem to have all the answers.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Thanks for the information. You should be working for Princess. You seem to have all the answers.

They should post the MedallionNet pricing information and policy on their website.

ETA - I try to get to the bottom of things that concern me.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

ETA - I try to get to the bottom of things that concern me.

And you have good access to sources of information - great stuff !

Edited by Tedferg

We will be on the Alaska cruise leaving July 25.  Since I always do the planning and since there really complicated for awhile, I never loaded the Medallion App on my husband's phone but now I'm thinking I should.  Do I register him with his email address and password or use the one on my phone? Sorry if this question is obvious, but I'm not the greatest on technology. I will really appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, Maddies Mom 46 said:

We will be on the Alaska cruise leaving July 25.  Since I always do the planning and since there really complicated for awhile, I never loaded the Medallion App on my husband's phone but now I'm thinking I should.  Do I register him with his email address and password or use the one on my phone? Sorry if this question is obvious, but I'm not the greatest on technology. I will really appreciate your help.

Well before you do that I would ask 'What can I NOT do on a single account'. I did not see a need for a second account but created one and reinstalled the App for myself - A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS.

There was a lower price for our cruise and rather than price adjustment (small $) Princess gave us specialty dining for one night which was fine but messed up my signing on for medallion.  I had all green and boarding time now missing and only two check marks in green!  Cannot get medallion pay for my DW and virus to stick in the app.  When I fill out the forms and get to the end all is green until I log back to first page then those go white.  Tried so many times including hard reset on ipad pro and deleting app.  Called the help number and Princess could see that everything was complete on their end and did not know why I was not all green on my end.  Got the stock answer ‘try in a couple days giving time for mainframe to reset because of the addition of the dinners’