Jump to content

Ocean Medallion App - Part 3


margord
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Is there any way to get the app to persist your login information, or use the phone's builtin facial recognition? It's a huge PITA to enter my booking number and other info each time I login.

 

Haven't found one. I don't use my booking number though. What a PITA that would be. I login with my email address and password. Of course, if you don't log out, it keeps you logged in even if you close the app. When you open it again you are still logged in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm,

 

Not interested in 'Formal Nights' dress-up, so just usually eat in the buffet. 

 

So, do I understand correctly, that 'Dine-My-Way' allows me to order from the MDR menu on Formal Nights and have it delivered elsewhere, cancelling the need to miss those special menus?

 

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t logged out for months.  Everything is working fine for me on iPhone 8.  Dining reservations made for the nights we might want on our next 4 cruises thru April, 2022.  
Green Lane, just waiting for boarding groups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

Thanks for this!!  Who knew!?  I am also showing the 3.0.93241 even after updating!  Bizarre.  I will need to read up on that.

Me too strange, it does not even round to 3.1. Thanks for the tip kj

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kjg46 said:

 

For iPhone Users

Go to Settings,: General  then iPhone Storage, A list of apps will load. Select MedallionClass app. The Version shows Version: 3.0.93241 This is after going to the Apple Store and "opening" the app in apple store. Which is showing Version 3.1.4 etc.  Go figure?? Hope this helps

On second thoughts I am glad I did not know this before 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me how to get the Emergency return Airport accepted. I keep entering Fort Lauderdale airport FLL and I keep getting an error that the airport selected it is not within the same region as your home address. I live in Florida so it is. Thank you for any help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Can anyone tell me how to get the Emergency return Airport accepted. I keep entering Fort Lauderdale airport FLL and I keep getting an error that the airport selected it is not within the same region as your home address. I live in Florida so it is. Thank you for any help.

I had the same problem the Support person  844-525-0942 fixed it for me. I think these things are corrupt data, perhaps transferred between systems so you need help to fix it. I re-input my address a couple of times but it did not help.

Edited by Tedferg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Green Lane, just waiting for boarding groups.

Can you get into the Green Lane more than 24 hours before embarkation? The checklist says you have to complete the health questionnaire and vaccination status within 24 hours of embarkation. Does that mean you have to do it less than 24 hours in advance, or am I interpreting it wrong?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Can you get into the Green Lane more than 24 hours before embarkation? The checklist says you have to complete the health questionnaire and vaccination status within 24 hours of embarkation. Does that mean you have to do it less than 24 hours in advance, or am I interpreting it wrong?

 

Yes, we are green lane on or March 2022 and November 2023 already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Princess has been casual dress on formal nights for quite a while, especially on Alaskan cruises.

The last three cruises I went on Princess,  formal night was NOT casual.  Most men had on jacket and ties and the ladies had nice dresses or pant suits.  There will always be a sprinkling of guys with slacks and collared polo shirts but definitely in the minority.  And saw men with shorts on turned away.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I had the same problem the Support person  844-525-0942 fixed it for me. I think these things are corrupt data, perhaps transferred between systems so you need help to fix it. I re-input my address a couple of times but it did not help.

Thanks Tedferg I called and it’s now fixed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, t&atravel said:

 

I was going to say the same thing as Tedferg, where in settings do you see a version number??   Can you send a screen shot? I can only see the version in the app store for both my phone and iPad.  Maybe i will learn something today. 😁

Here is what I do: Settings, General, iPhone Storage, a list of apps comes up, I touch MedallionClass and a screen comes up that says MedallionClass and below that Version 3.0.93241, below that it says Gloval Experience Innovators, has the app size 664.5 MB then Documents & Data 218.4 MB then below that gives me the opportunity to choose "Offload App" or "Delete App".  So this gives me the impression that the one I have is listed in the Settings as above and the one in the App store is the one that is current and available.  But I cannot get the new version to load from the app store.  Hope this makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kjg46 said:

 

For iPhone Users

Go to Settings,: General  then iPhone Storage, A list of apps will load. Select MedallionClass app. The Version shows Version: 3.0.93241 This is after going to the Apple Store and "opening" the app in apple store. Which is showing Version 3.1.4 etc.  Go figure?? Hope this helps

Yes, that is exactly what I have been doing to get the version on my phone.  I get the same thing as you get.  But no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to get my phone to download the 3.1.4 version.  I have tried deleting the app and re-downloading etc.  When I go into the app store, it only gives me the option to "Open" never to "Update" as some have had.  Thank you.  I thought I was going crazy or just did not know what I was doing as I am only a 10 day smartphone user.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I had the same problem the Support person  844-525-0942 fixed it for me. I think these things are corrupt data, perhaps transferred between systems so you need help to fix it. I re-input my address a couple of times but it did not help.

Thank you.  I will call them tomorrow to see if they can help fix mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apple must be weird. With Android I just go to the Play Store, look at my apps, and it tells me I have updates for whatever apps I'm using. I hit "update all" (or can pick and choose which to update) and that's it. I don't understand this "open" the app from the app store stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

Yes, we are green lane on or March 2022 and November 2023 already

Were you able to enter your embark/disembark groups? It says I can't do that until closer to my departure date (12/11 on the Majestic). Or did it let you into the green lane without the groups?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Were you able to enter your embark/disembark groups? It says I can't do that until closer to my departure date (12/11 on the Majestic). Or did it let you into the green lane without the groups?

 

That is the only thing we are unable to do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, generichandle said:

Hmm,

 

Not interested in 'Formal Nights' dress-up, so just usually eat in the buffet. 

 

So, do I understand correctly, that 'Dine-My-Way' allows me to order from the MDR menu on Formal Nights and have it delivered elsewhere, cancelling the need to miss those special menus?

 

Doug

I highly doubt it.  The food menu for DMW to have delivered where you are is limited AFAIK.  Not the full MDR menus.  You could try asking on the July 25 Majestic "Live From" thread where several folks on board are posting about their experiences and answering some questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, barrykel said:

Is there any way to get the app to persist your login information, or use the phone's builtin facial recognition? It's a huge PITA to enter my booking number and other info each time I login.

Agree with @Thrak post.  You can just close the App and not sign out.  When you open the App next time, you will be auto-logged back in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Me too strange, it does not even round to 3.1. Thanks for the tip kj

 

2 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

Here is what I do: Settings, General, iPhone Storage, a list of apps comes up, I touch MedallionClass and a screen comes up that says MedallionClass and below that Version 3.0.93241, below that it says Gloval Experience Innovators, has the app size 664.5 MB then Documents & Data 218.4 MB then below that gives me the opportunity to choose "Offload App" or "Delete App".  So this gives me the impression that the one I have is listed in the Settings as above and the one in the App store is the one that is current and available.  But I cannot get the new version to load from the app store.  Hope this makes sense.

 

2 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

Yes, that is exactly what I have been doing to get the version on my phone.  I get the same thing as you get.  But no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to get my phone to download the 3.1.4 version.  I have tried deleting the app and re-downloading etc.  When I go into the app store, it only gives me the option to "Open" never to "Update" as some have had.  Thank you.  I thought I was going crazy or just did not know what I was doing as I am only a 10 day smartphone user.

 

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Apple must be weird. With Android I just go to the Play Store, look at my apps, and it tells me I have updates for whatever apps I'm using. I hit "update all" (or can pick and choose which to update) and that's it. I don't understand this "open" the app from the app store stuff.

 

6 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Thanks for this!!  Who knew!?  I am also showing the 3.0.93241 even after updating!  Bizarre.  I will need to read up on that.

 

Also tagging @kjg46

 

I think I know what is going on here.  I have seen enough posts about MC App versions in Apple to know the version number of the App in Apple is not the same as the Android version.  Apple has been something like 3.1.3 - and now apparently 3.1.4.

 

The most recent Android update was 3.0.93241 (from 3.0.92725). 

 

It appears to me that those sharp-as-tacks IT folks managed to get the Android version number mixed into the last Apple update.  So either the description info in the Apple Store is wrong or the version number embedded in the MC App code is wrong. 

 

Suggest Apple users ping the OCEAN Team about this discrepancy.

 

Edited by Steelers36
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barrykel said:

Were you able to enter your embark/disembark groups? It says I can't do that until closer to my departure date (12/11 on the Majestic). Or did it let you into the green lane without the groups?

 

Green Lane means you have completed all the info necessary that you can at this point in time.  If you are Blue Lane, something is missing.  If you have Yellow, then you have been flagged for a Health reason.

 

If you look at OceanReady section, there are five major items that make up the Lane.  You should be able to complete all but #4 (Arrival Groups) ahead of time.  You can answer the Health Status section, but will need to re-certify within a couple of days of sail date.  If not, I expect you would turn Yellow. 

 

I am guessing that when Arrival Groups is released for a cruise voyage, that would change a guest from Green Lane to Blue Lane until select a group or one is assigned by Princess.

 

Note that at this point in time, Princess has not announced any policy nor timeline as to when Arrival Groups will open up based on departure date.  Not only that, but they have not confirmed/committed to opening those selections up to Elites & Platinums ahead of general passengers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

The last three cruises I went on Princess,  formal night was NOT casual.  Most men had on jacket and ties and the ladies had nice dresses or pant suits.  There will always be a sprinkling of guys with slacks and collared polo shirts but definitely in the minority.  And saw men with shorts on turned away.  

 

It can depend on where the cruise is traveling and length of the voyage, but my recent experience has been more like 50/50.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It appears to me that those sharp-as-tacks IT folks managed to get the Android version number mixed into the last Apple update.  So either the description info in the Apple Store is wrong or the version number embedded in the MC App code is wrong. 

@Steelers36 I agree with you!!  Apple is the same as Android in that you can just go to the app store and choose your update.  The discrepancy we were discussing above is the diff in version numbers that show in the store and what shows on the app in settings.  I think you’ve nailed it.  
 

Apple users, I believe what is in the app store is correct and if it says “open” and not “update” you have the latest/correct version that is showing in the store NOT what is showing in settings.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

The last three cruises I went on Princess,  formal night was NOT casual.  Most men had on jacket and ties and the ladies had nice dresses or pant suits.  There will always be a sprinkling of guys with slacks and collared polo shirts but definitely in the minority.  And saw men with shorts on turned away.  

 

Our last Alaska cruise April 2019 San  Pedro round trip was one the most formal cruises we have been on in the US.  Was a very different atmosphere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, barrykel said:

Can you get into the Green Lane more than 24 hours before embarkation? The checklist says you have to complete the health questionnaire and vaccination status within 24 hours of embarkation. Does that mean you have to do it less than 24 hours in advance, or am I interpreting it wrong?

 

I answered all the questions as they relate today.  I anticipate I will be required to answer several of the questions within the 24 hour prior timeframe.  So far so good.   I am hesitant to say, based on others comments, I think the app is a vast improvement and will speed up boarding.   We have sailed many, many cruises and with the Medallian it looks like there is no need for priority boarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...