Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

6 hours ago, kjg46 said:

Can someone tell me which Medallion App version folks are using the show the additional travel information e.g. Emergency Return Airport & Travel Information. I reloaded Medallion Class app from the Apple Store Version 3.1.2. My screen does not show the above mentioned items. 

Could this information only be available for early sailings? My bookings begin in March 2022. etc.

My March sailing in the same app doesn’t have it, so it’s probably just too early. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

If Princess would just tell us what is going on we'd have nothing to speculate about, would we?  😉

Do you really think Princess actually knows what is going on? There seem to be numerous departments that have no communication between them and the IT folks have no idea that every department needs to be linked to the same information.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

IDK where all I suggested this, but these posts seem to indicate that they have software control on whether the travel info and home airport info are shown or not.  No doubt it will open for future voyages as time passes.  If Princess would just tell us what is going on we'd have nothing to speculate about, would we?  😉

So true lack of info from Princess is the worst aspect of this.

Update (for what it's worth):

I got off the phone with Princess a moment ago.  The inability to confirm an Arrival Group for August 1 is a "known issue," which is intended to be addressed by an app update rolling out "this weekend."  (He confirmed that he and the tech team received the same "Sorry!" message when they tried to assign my family to an Arrival Group.)

While the customer service wait is pretty long, the person on the other end of the phone did convey the impression that he had made a real go at getting my issue fixed (or at least getting me an answer).  Let's hope for success on Monday.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Do Apps have an Automatic Update feature ? My Windows 10 automatically installs updates and my iPhone alerts me that an Update is available.

Yes it does.  At least that’s my experience.  I’ve had the app on my iphone since mid 2019 and have only needed to run the updates for the new versions data to appear.  No deleting and reloading.  Also, all my personal data remained from the previous cruises (i.e. passport info, security photo, avatar. Etc.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarheelz1995 said:

Update (for what it's worth):

I got off the phone with Princess a moment ago.  The inability to confirm an Arrival Group for August 1 is a "known issue," which is intended to be addressed by an app update rolling out "this weekend."  (He confirmed that he and the tech team received the same "Sorry!" message when they tried to assign my family to an Arrival Group.)

While the customer service wait is pretty long, the person on the other end of the phone did convey the impression that he had made a real go at getting my issue fixed (or at least getting me an answer).  Let's hope for success on Monday.

I got the same info last week.

45 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We are late March 2022 and have all of our travel info, return airports, etc. available. Random...

Hi Jo & Tom,
Wow!! you guys are all set to go. It’s great to plan 7 months ahead and have everything all set to go I love it. You remind me of myself I like to plan way ahead I think tonight I’ll have fish for dinner.😁😁😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We are late March 2022 and have all of our travel info, return airports, etc. available. Random...

Yes, very random. Earlier this week I commented that we had gone from Green to Blue when they added the emergency airport and travel info sections (with orange exclamation marks next to each). Today, we're back in green and though those two new sections are still present, the exclamation marks are gone. Not sure I want to try and update them. 🤨

2 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Yes, very random. Earlier this week I commented that we had gone from Green to Blue when they added the emergency airport and travel info sections (with orange exclamation marks next to each). Today, we're back in green and though those two new sections are still present, the exclamation marks are gone. Not sure I want to try and update them. 🤨

We have EZ Air booked, and they auto=populated our travel info

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Jo & Tom,
Wow!! you guys are all set to go. It’s great to plan 7 months ahead and have everything all set to go I love it. You remind me of myself I like to plan way ahead I think tonight I’ll have fish for dinner.😁😁😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Hmmm, fish; sounds delightful! I believe we'll have homemade spring rolls with salad this evening my friend! 🥂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, t&atravel said:

I’ve had the app on my iphone since mid 2019 and have only needed to run the updates for the new versions data to appear.  No deleting and reloading.  

But did you need to check and update ? Or did new versions arrive automatically ? Every couple of days I have checked the store and it just says 'Open', so no update. A few posters in recent days have referred to updates by end of Thursday and updates this weekend - wondered if I need to keep on checking 🙂 BTW the App works fine for me, though features come and go, but no crashing.

31 minutes ago, skynight said:

Travel information

In the past this was optional. Still optional? Not everyone arrives by air. 

There is a "drop-down" selection which covers just about every type of transportation possible...not just air.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

But did you need to check and update ? Or did new versions arrive automatically ? Every couple of days I have checked the store and it just says 'Open', so no update. A few posters in recent days have referred to updates by end of Thursday and updates this weekend - wondered if I need to keep on checking 🙂 BTW the App works fine for me, though features come and go, but no crashing.

They arrived automatically because I have the “app store” set up in settings to receive notifications.  I have not received a new update in at least 3 weeks.  I don’t think all changes to the app require a full on update so you may see a few changes without that happening. The app works fine for me too.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Travel information

In the past this was optional. Still optional? Not everyone arrives by air. 

I mentioned above that I wasn't sure I wanted to try and update those options in the app but curiosity got the better of me so I did it anyway. I was able to update Emergency Airport and Travel Info but, I also noticed those fields do not have a red asterisk next them (like the sections above them) which tells me that information is not required but rather optional. A recent change in the app?

28 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I mentioned above that I wasn't sure I wanted to try and update those options in the app but curiosity got the better of me so I did it anyway. I was able to update Emergency Airport and Travel Info but, I also noticed those fields do not have a red asterisk next them (like the sections above them) which tells me that information is not required but rather optional. A recent change in the app?

My Travel Information was red when it had the bad / outdated schedules for our flights.  When I deleted the bad info it went to green and states it's "Completed!".  Even though I can't see anything there.  And when I tried to input the right data it wouldn't accept it because it said that the data already exists which is technically correct because we booked through EZAir.  As long as it says I'm complete, I'm not going to worry about it.  And by the way, the Ocean team got back to me and asked me to try again as they were alerted that my issues had been fixed.  I've told them what I mentioned above so we shall see if there's more to come.

Re: being able to see the Emergency Airport / Travel Information options, I can only see it for our Alaska cruise next month.  It's not there for our December cruise (which cancelled last week) nor is it there for our cruises in January or October 2022.  It makes sense that they are only rolling it out for cruises in the near future instead of creating chaos for the entire universe of cruises.  Those of us with Alaska cruises will be the guinea pigs I guess!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

My Travel Information was red when it had the bad / outdated schedules for our flights.  When I deleted the bad info it went to green and states it's "Completed!".  Even though I can't see anything there.  And when I tried to input the right data it wouldn't accept it because it said that the data already exists which is technically correct because we booked through EZAir.  As long as it says I'm complete, I'm not going to worry about it.  And by the way, the Ocean team got back to me and asked me to try again as they were alerted that my issues had been fixed.  I've told them what I mentioned above so we shall see if there's more to come.

Re: being able to see the Emergency Airport / Travel Information options, I can only see it for our Alaska cruise next month.  It's not there for our December cruise (which cancelled last week) nor is it there for our cruises in January or October 2022.  It makes sense that they are only rolling it out for cruises in the near future instead of creating chaos for the entire universe of cruises.  Those of us with Alaska cruises will be the guinea pigs I guess!

I guess as long as it's all "green", what more can you do but assume you're good? Although we were green up until earlier this week when those two travel drop-downs were added but now we're back in green. Our cruise is April 2022 and (as I mention) did update it successfully but we're not using EZAir. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, juliang said:

They said it opens your cabin door from 5 feet away

It might be a good feature to someone, but not me.  If someone picks up a lost medallion, all they need to do is walkaround to see which door opens?

Edited by CeCe_

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sorry, this is really politically incorrect but...

===================================

Fifty Years of Math 1957 - 2007

OMG!!

Takes me back to when I was trying to teach the "right" way to a bunch unprepared idiots who thought our profession was an easy way to make $$.

🤣😭

42 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

@juliangbitter much? Your rant says much your attitude towards change. While I am not going to defend the buggy premature medallion app, I will defend its end results. I do think Princess made an enormous mistake cutting off personalizer access prematurely. My favorite example of resistance to change? My great-grandfather hated refrigerators because they gave food an "electric taste". He too thought if it ain't broke don't fix it. Change is inevitable, resistance is futile. 

By the way I am 71 so don't dismiss me as one of the younger ones.

It is not fair to compare with your great grandfather's time.  And refrigerator is a bad example either.  

Edited by CeCe_