Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Ya know, I was just asking for help in a very nice way.

I hope you are not a representation of a Princess Cruiser b/c that's really disappointing.

Yes, I have fingers and a computer so I can use half my brain to figure this out.   Just thought a nice person could point out some tips or how to avoid problems.

Have a great day!

23 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I am new to Princess.

I understand I have to download the Medallion App on my phone.

How does this all work?    I read I will receive a Medallion?   I have no idea......

Any help would be much appreciated - Thanks

Looks like your cruise is scheduled for December 2022. You have time.

Download the medallion class app.

Review it. It requires that you complete certain immigration and credit card information.

Every time you complete a section it will show a green check mark.

Once all the sections are green you are ready to go.

Luggage tags are still printed from the cruise personlizer which is a computer based, not app based program.

If you are in the U.S. then you can select to have the medallion, a cruise card replacement which is roughly the size of a quarter sent to your home before the cruise. There is no charge for this and it comes with a lanyard. Be careful there are options to purchase other jewelry items to hold the medallion. My advice is don't purchase these in the app. They are available on board if you think you would like one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skynight said:

Looks like your cruise is scheduled for December 2022. You have time.

Download the medallion class app.

Review it. It requires that you complete certain immigration and credit card information.

Every time you complete a section it will show a green check mark.

Once all the sections are green you are ready to go.

Luggage tags are still printed from the cruise personlizer which is a computer based, not app based program.

If you are in the U.S. then you can select to have the medallion, a cruise card replacement which is roughly the size of a quarter sent to your home before the cruise. There is no charge for this and it comes with a lanyard. Be careful there are options to purchase other jewelry items to hold the medallion. My advice is don't purchase these in the app. They are available on board if you think you would like one. 

Thank you.  This is very helpful!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Thank you.  This is very helpful!

First go to Princess.com and set up your account there. There is still some information that can be put in there. The user name (email address) and password will then transfer over to your Medallion application once you download it to your  phone. If you have an Iphone, there is a n appl for it. Different one for Android phones. Please feel free to ask any questions on this board. We are friendly. Sometimes people's  sense of humor may be taken as rude but really not. I have found the Princess board on cruise critic is the most friendly of the cruise lines.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, skynight said:

Travel information

In the past this was optional. Still optional? Not everyone arrives by air. 

I have an orange check there so I tried to re-enter my EZAIR  then it asked it if I wanted to buy transfers so I tried to complete that page. Odd. Both are in my personalizer. So it stated it was already there. I still can't get a departure time l, stuck in blue lane, THIS IS NOT MY 1ST MEDALLION VOYAGE!! I want to go back to Medallion from MedallionClass 

Problem: cannot get departure group 

My resolution: let them figure it out. Pretty sure they'll want me off the ship

Problem: stuck in blue lane

My resignation: see them at port

1 hour ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I am new to Princess.

How does this all work?    I read I will receive a Medallion?   I have no idea......

Welcome to CRUISE CRITIC PRINCESS

I know this won't answer everything but:

1. Yes download the app. The old Personalizer is next to useless IMHO (JMHO) but most of the app works for cruises sailing soon and a big update is supposed to be up by 08/31/2021. A few of us Alaska cruisers (me included) seem to be in a trial (very trying)

2. One of the tasks in the MedallionClass app is to order the actual Medallion. You can have it shipped to you arriving 10-20 days before your cruise or (if not in USA) get it at the port

3. You might want to also watch the MedallionClass Mondays on YouTube as they explain fairly well how it works onboard. There's a thread dedicated to that but you can also just Google it

Again, welcome (and no I don't work for Cruise Critic or Princess  .... just an ordinary cruiser like you)

• Like 2

Just made a discovery ! I wondered why I didn’t see the request for airport information. We leave from SFO and it seems the App assumes I will not fly from Sacramento. I checked next cruise from LA and Voila, it asks for airport info. 

Now we could fly Sac to SFO but driving is more convenient. How does it know!!!

Edit. On second thoughts, we would always need an Emergency Return airport, so my theory is incorrect. 

Edited by Tedferg

2 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I am new to Princess.

This is a good place to start

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

Today, I have Emergency Return Airport item in the Personal Info & Docs section.  It was already defaulted to YYZ and checked Green.  We also have the travel info, but much too soon to have that for OCT 2022.  Still in GREEN LANE. 

No Arrival Groups yet - as expected.

Dining res still erased for first three voyages (B2B2B).  No res available.  No change since last week or whenever they erased it all.

Dining res still exists for our fourth voyage - different ship (ISLAND).  Perhaps they left that one as all inventory was released (only two DR's).  We are in the one that has been used for TD in the past (Provence).  Cannot find anything new, however. 

"Interesting" difference there.  So, only change in last week or so is today we have the Travel Info and Return Airport sections available.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So, only change in last week or so is today we have the Travel Info and Return Airport sections available.

At last I have Travel Info Emergency Return Airport for just one cruise, 2/26/22 not for 10/24/21, Hard to imgine this is passenger dependent not App dependent. 

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Ya know, I was just asking for help in a very nice way.

I hope you are not a representation of a Princess Cruiser b/c that's really disappointing.

Yes, I have fingers and a computer so I can use half my brain to figure this out.   Just thought a nice person could point out some tips or how to avoid problems.

Have a great day!

You know, I was trying to give you some reality check of this app.  I said "it calls on the job training" which is exactly what it is happening to everyone's unique problem.  Apparently, you need very baby steps of instructions and you got those.  It doesn't meant my help was not helpful.  When you posted for help in a forum, you could receive all levels of help.  Just filter out what you need to hear.  

Have a great day!

Edited by CeCe_

May or may not be unique?? We have 11 cruises presently booked-We have the medallion ap on our phones from last cruise prior to Covid. It appears that all cruises are in but with some crazy schedules. I.e. This December we are booked for two cruises on two different ships with one day in between. On the Medallion App it shows as one cruise for 15 days. I cannot get out of the blue lane on that one.

I then went to the last one booked -Hawaii in November of 2022 and it is trying to link it with a August cruise out of Southampton---I have gotten further, but still in the Blue lane?  Really interesting and since I still have a while, I will keep playing  but WOW 🙂

Sorry, this has probably been previously answered but....

I successfully scanned my passport, or at least it said I did. I then took the required picture of the face page of my passport. All the info appears correct but when I hit confirm it says: "unable to write your changes on O_C_E_A_N Network. So, what am I doing wrong?

12 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

May or may not be unique?? We have 11 cruises presently booked-We have the medallion ap on our phones from last cruise prior to Covid. It appears that all cruises are in but with some crazy schedules. I.e. This December we are booked for two cruises on two different ships with one day in between. On the Medallion App it shows as one cruise for 15 days. I cannot get out of the blue lane on that one.

I then went to the last one booked -Hawaii in November of 2022 and it is trying to link it with a August cruise out of Southampton---I have gotten further, but still in the Blue lane?  Really interesting and since I still have a while, I will keep playing  but WOW 🙂

Sounds like something that will need to be corrected manually by the "experts". Since you have the time, why not click on the link on Princess.com and let them know.

12 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Sorry, this has probably been previously answered but....

I successfully scanned my passport, or at least it said I did. I then took the required picture of the face page of my passport. All the info appears correct but when I hit confirm it says: "unable to write your changes on O_C_E_A_N Network. So, what am I doing wrong?

When you started, was there any old information already there?  You could try again, including deleting anything there first, exit, go back in and re-try.  If still fails after another attempt or two, I guess contact the Ocean support team.  You may not be doing anything wrong.  I presume the other items of Personal Info are Green?

14 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. I tried for several days and it looked like everything was working until I got the message at the end. I was using an iPhone 8+ so I decided to try my using my husband’s iPhone X. The first time I tried it I had the same issue but then I hit “retry” which was an option and it suddenly worked. So my advice is to keep trying and if you have an option that says “retry” hit that a couple times. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 1:48 PM, Earplug said:

I got the same info last week.

Ha.  It's Sunday morning.  So far, nothing.  I'm not getting my hopes up.

Ironically, if I don't have an "Arrival Group" due to this pitiful app, I need to show up at the port as early as possible (i.e. I'm effectively in Group A.)  😉

Edited by tarheelz1995

26 minutes ago, tarheelz1995 said:

Ironically, if I don't have an "Arrival Group" due to this pitiful app, I need to show up at the port as early as possible (i.e. I'm effectively in Group A.)  😉

Ha, now that is interesting, if you want to board early just ignore the App !

So I am also new to this and the app is just broken on my Samsung 21 plus. Cannot upload documents as it says the site is down. Trying to order the medallion and the screen goes white.. Only shows my husband on the app, but he added me as a traveling partner.  I set sail Sept 26th for Alaska and I cannot use this dam thing.. also will they take scanned copies of documents? Not sure our passports will be here in time. 

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Ha, now that is interesting, if you want to board early just ignore the App !

This is what I did on my Samsung A7 tablet and Samsung S8 plus phone. I went in and uninstalled the app on both devices, figuring what do I have to lose it doesn't work anyway. A couple of hours later I reinstalled the app and it works now for the most part. I was able to complete my check in, but the Dine my way doesn't seem to work very well. I can make reservations for one of us but not for both of us at the same time. I'm not worried about it, we sail in around 40 days.

1 hour ago, Loretta_Thomas said:

So I am also new to this and the app is just broken on my Samsung 21 plus. Cannot upload documents as it says the site is down. Trying to order the medallion and the screen goes white.. Only shows my husband on the app, but he added me as a traveling partner.  I set sail Sept 26th for Alaska and I cannot use this dam thing.. also will they take scanned copies of documents? Not sure our passports will be here in time. 

Better get cracking on that passport. You aren't going to go if you don't have one.

4 hours ago, Loretta_Thomas said:

You really can't travel without an a) original passport or b) an original birth certificate and gov't issued photo ID. Birth certificate must be the one issued by the local government authority where you were born, not a hospital. Check the US State Department site. Either a) or b) have to be presented to board. Scanned copies may do to enter data, but not for boarding.