Vaccinations

lball21

Yes, I read "the restrictions". Depending on who is interpreting them, one could delete everything so I'll just ask anyway, I thought this site was supposed to be an information and ADVOCACY for cruisers site? What about the people who have already had Covid, so they no longer need to be vaccinated. Don't they matter? Right now, places, including yours, aren't even giving them a say. Imagine being someone who has had Covid, now has immunity, is going above and beyond by DONATING their blood so their immune cells can be harvested to help others, especially those that can't get the vaccine for other medical reasons? No one is speaking for them. Taking sides? I thought Cruise Critic was supposed to be on the side of the cruiser? Boy, was I wrong. If all you are going to do is repeat the CDC, stop wasting everyone's time. I read in your story that "the public" wants vaccinated cruising only. What public? I'd like to see the survey. More likely, that's a made up assertion, which is typical these days. Your position SHOULD BE, if you are afraid of catching something on a cruise, don't go. Fear is a lousy way to live your life.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps the position should be, if you don’t want to or can’t be vaccinated, don’t cruise…yet. 

Vaccination status is not a protected category and businesses have a right to protect their employees as much as possible. Cruise ships need healthy crews to run properly. Kudos to those who have helped others by donating blood, wearing masks (regardless of status) and are doing their best to keep themselves and others healthy. Think of this as one more way to help during this pandemic. 

BTW most health organization, including the World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-vaccines and the CDC recommend even those who have had COVID get vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, lball21 said:

Imagine being someone who has had Covid, now has immunity, is going above and beyond by DONATING their blood so their immune cells can be harvested to help others, especially those that can't get the vaccine for other medical reasons? 

I would love to see your source on this re: immunity.  I'm in the medical field and we see people who have had COVID twice.  You don't magically get immunity because you have had COVID.   You still need a vaccination. Period. 

If you are unhappy with the way things are, don't cruise.  Take an Amtrack vacation.  I'm not sure why this is so difficult for people.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1