Paper FunTimes only at Guest Services

naxer

JH just announced that  paper copies of the FunTimes will only be available at Guest Services.  Otherwise, it's on the hub app.  If that's the change, so be it.  I hope then that they stop the paper ads as well.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, naxer said:

JH just announced that  paper copies of the FunTimes will only be available at Guest Services.  Otherwise, it's on the hub app.  If that's the change, so be it.  I hope then that they stop the paper ads as well.

13 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Yes, please stop the paper ads! 

One can only hope.  But I noticed on my cruises that paper ads for me went from about three a day to about one a day.

As for the new on-demand availability of the Fun Times, I collect them, but as long as they're easy to get (such as being at the GS desk), I can live with that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

As long as I don't have to stand in line to get a copy I'm fine with it.

I hope they put them in a display so you can just walk up and get them.  I use both the App and the paper copy.  I like to highlight the things I want to do and put it on the cabin wall.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I hope they put them in a display so you can just walk up and get them.  I use both the App and the paper copy.  I like to highlight the things I want to do and put it on the cabin wall.

That's how they've done it, having a display of them on the counter and people could just walk up and take them at will. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparks1093 said:

That's how they've done it, having a display of them on the counter and people could just walk up and take them at will. 

They could also offer them when people check in at the terminal.  New cruisers might not realize they exist if they are not put in the cabins.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

I have bad eyesight; having to read the Fun Times on my phone is a NO for me.  I hope that they print enough for everyone that ones a paper copy, and that they are readily available.

I also hope this is a temporary measure.

Honestly, they have shown that COVID doesn’t really transfer on surfaces the way they originally thought; wish that Fun Times could still show up in your room on request.

17 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I have bad eyesight; having to read the Fun Times on my phone is a NO for me.  I hope that they print enough for everyone that ones a paper copy, and that they are readily available.

I also hope this is a temporary measure.

Honestly, they have shown that COVID doesn’t really transfer on surfaces the way they originally thought; wish that Fun Times could still show up in your room on request.

This is not really about Covid, except in the sense that it will be a cost savings measure.  I can't believe that they haven't already done this before.  As much as I like looking at them, it sure is a lot of waste.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Thanks for posting.  I'm glad I read this.  I keep a paper copy for my scrapbooking.

Not sure what all you use for scrap booking, but he noted that the printed version will only be one page, basically the tear off schedule for the day from the previous version.  The full information will only be on the app.

• Like 1

Serious question because some people are genuinely upset about this. What do the people who collect them actually do with them after the cruise or even after that day that they pertain to? I know mine just collect in the desk and tossed at the end of cruise. Only thing I do is cut the long strip That told me what was going on throughout the day. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Soxfan04 said:

Serious question because some people are genuinely upset about this. What do the people who collect them actually do with them after the cruise or even after that day that they pertain to? I know mine just collect in the desk and tossed at the end of cruise. Only thing I do is cut the long strip That told me what was going on throughout the day. 

I keep them.  They make great souvenirs of my trip - and they're free!  And very occasionally I look at them and see what I did when, or where I happened to be on a particular day - either to satisfy my own curiosity, or because someone here asks about something pertaining to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HillBilly Bob said:

I have even had to stand in lines for the buffet.  LOL

Some things I will stand in line for. Food. Booze. Catching a tender. I won't stand in line for a schedule (and if they don't have them on the counter I would just make it a point to go to GS when there is no line, like early in the morning). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

Yes, please stop the paper ads! 

no... how about i ask them to stop putting toilet paper in the rooms?   just because you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to stop.   

i'll look at it on my phone, but i prefer to read it on paper 

33 minutes ago, Soxfan04 said:

i've only saved them once, when someone asked me to scan them and email them b/c they were on the same cruise a couple weeks later.   but normally i read them and toss them.  but i'd still prefer paper.

1 minute ago, mpacker said:

but normally i read them and toss them.

Therein lies the problem.  Most of them are just thrown away.  Like you, I would read them.  I've even saved them from most cruises, but they are just taking up space in a file. I certainly understand that it's probably time to move to something that saves money and creates less waste.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Therein lies the problem.  Most of them are just thrown away.  Like you, I would read them.  I've even saved them from most cruises, but they are just taking up space in a file. I certainly understand that it's probably time to move to something that saves money and creates less waste.

i'd say there are a lot more ways to save waste than the 2 sheets of paper :)

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I like to highlight the things I want to do

and put it on the cabin wall.

My wife liked to tear off the little perforated section

to keep in her pocket

but that was 5-10 yrs. ago -- I now have the Hub app on my phone

and I might put it on her phone too.

And as for those copious useless paper ads for garbage products

OMG they could save entire forests by curtailing those!

• Like 1