Seabourn not currently requiring vaccination for future cruises

cruiseej

This is the latest from CC on vaccinations.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/articles.cfm?ID=5872&et_cid=3443616&et_rid=267528414&et_referrer=nav_site_login_us

Seabourn stands out with their ambiguity.  The holistic response to cruiseeej  question was at best very disappointing.

Its interesting that Royal Caribbean is allowing  unvaccinated passengers but with restrictions.   I met someone planning a RC cruise and they said the restrictions on  unvaccinated people were quite severe, no entertainment etc.   

49 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

This is the latest from CC on vaccinations.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/articles.cfm?ID=5872&et_cid=3443616&et_rid=267528414&et_referrer=nav_site_login_us

Seabourn stands out with their ambiguity.  The holistic response to cruiseeej  question was at best very disappointing.

Its interesting that Royal Caribbean is allowing  unvaccinated passengers but with restrictions.   I met someone planning a RC cruise and they said the restrictions on  unvaccinated people were quite severe, no entertainment etc.   

I think much of reason for RCI's policy is to technically comply with Florida's new law (SB2006) making it illegal for any business to require proof of vaccination.   In a legal sense perhaps we should admire RCI for their innovative approach.   Legislatures (and some Governors) often support Laws/Regulations with little understanding of the unintended consequences.  Florida's new Law (SB2006) while making it illegal to demand documentary proof of vaccination also made it OK for those same businesses to adopt protocols that call for "screening" (i.e. COVID tests) and "protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health."  Since the cruise line has essentially adopted protocols supported by several CDC documents it would appear that RCI has simply complied with Florida's new law...although not in the way that would have been preferred by the Governor.

Hank

I have had a similar experience with Seabourn. When I explained that I would not be sailing with them if they didn't adopt a vaccine policy their reply was vague and noncommittal. I truly don't understand why they are willing to sail with the potential risk of an outbreak. I assume they want as many bookings as possible, but at what cost?! Silversea and Crystal are the safer bet. 

• Like 4

i am sailing on Crystal next week.  All guests must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before boarding.  Rapid test performed before boarding.  One couple was denied boarding yesterday due to testing positive.  Crystal sailed over to Miami before coming to the Bahamas and got their unvaccinated crew the J and J.  All crew will be fully masked at all times.  Guests do not have to be but can be if they choose. 

The big difference is size of cabins and not much caviar in sight on Crystal LOL.  The staff are incredible on both.  Crystal IMO has better entertainment/enrichment and of course that is subjective.  I think the food is pretty equal.  Again, subjective.  I love the alternate restaurants on both lines.

As long time Seabourn customers who always book and pay for premium suites we will NOT travel with them unless all crew and passengers are vaccinated.  They must have a mandatory vaccine policy.  In the meantime we are booking Silversea much to our chagrin, but not wirth the risk with Seabourn.

• Like 3