Dining changes from JH this afternoon

1 hour ago, Cruise Related said:

When was this? I was on a Legend sailing to Alaska in 2019(last cruise I was on) and that wasn’t available via the hub app. At the very least, I never saw it available. Always had to go to the desk and get a buzzer for YTD. 

We sailed on the Vista in JAN 2020.  I know it was on there at that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I guess it was a test thing like others have said. Sorry to make a big deal! I just find the ability to make reservations via the app super amazing and convenient, so I’m slightly jealous I didn’t get to experience it! Thank you all for the information. I sincerely appreciate it. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, surfone said:

I do not have a FB account so I wondered has anyone asked John about the July and August ship capacity?  Just curious if he has been asked or if he brought that up himself in his posts.  

John said he won't announce that till right before one of the ships sail. He gets asked that every day.

Edited by regoodwinjr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

When was this? I was on a Legend sailing to Alaska in 2019(last cruise I was on) and that wasn’t available via the hub app. At the very least, I never saw it available. Always had to go to the desk and get a buzzer for YTD. 

I was on that same cruise and there was no mention of any change. 

So can you really make advanced reservations for a specific time with YTD?
Or is this more like “Call ahead” check-in to get your name on a waiting list before you’re ready to head over to the MDR?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crooooze said:

Or is this more like “Call ahead” check-in to get your name on a waiting list before you’re ready to head over to the MDR?

It's more of a virtual line. You make request for a table when you are ready for it. Usually no more than 5-10 minute wait. Usually we request and  then walk there and the table is ready when we get there. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, surfone said:

I do not have a FB account so I wondered has anyone asked John about the July and August ship capacity?  Just curious if he has been asked or if he brought that up himself in his posts.  

Yes it’s been asked multiple times and there is no answer yet

1 hour ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a fee baked in to the order. Of course tipping is extra and there is probably a place in the app to do so. 

Absolutely agree.  If they didn't charge a fee they would not be able to keep up with all the orders.  Most folks would want to have it delivered.

One of the most positive things about cruising for me is locking the cell phone in the safe and being free off it.  Having a cell become necessary is a huge bummer.  I really don't want to carry it around. Maybe I'll lose weight if I ditch my phone.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Absolutely agree.  If they didn't charge a fee they would not be able to keep up with all the orders.  Most folks would want to have it delivered.

Also a lot of people will have on board credit to use, so charging a fee will be a no cost way to encourage people to use their OBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

This was available Jan 2020 on the Panorama..right before the shut down. But new ship so it makes sense

1 hour ago, regoodwinjr said:

John said he won't announce that till right before one of the ships sail. He gets asked that every day.

So, basically, that means they aren't willing to make public any kind of comment regarding their targeted sailing capacity levels. Sort of like, "well this is how many are going to be sailing on this ship"... I hope I'm wrong, but I think it would be better to start off slowly (Yes, I understand they have untold millions of lost dollars they need to make up for). Come off the starting line easy so as not to lose traction.

Time will tell though - and anything is possible!

• Like 1

It doesn't make sense to me to order Guy's via the app only to go there to stand in line with everyone else picking up a now cold burger. With the volume and throughput they need, how could it work?

4 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

This process was available pre COVID-19, and it was great!  Worked very well for us.  Requested a table before we even left our cabin and never had to wait long.  CCL has also announced that muster drills will be digital via the HUB app as well.  Nice!!! 👍

We also used this for YTD thru the HUB app

1 hour ago, balcony bound said:

One of the most positive things about cruising for me is locking the cell phone in the safe and being free off it.  Having a cell become necessary is a huge bummer.  I really don't want to carry it around. Maybe I'll lose weight if I ditch my phone.

You could always use an iPod.  Has the app, but not the phone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crooooze said:

You cannot make advance reservations. When you access the dining reservations section it will give you an idea of how long the wait is,10-15 minutes,20-30 minutes,etc. Dress up night is always a longer wait. You put in the #of people. They will send you a text when your table is ready,it even tells you what table # it is. You can't make reservations for the whole cruise and you can't request a specific time.

21 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It doesn't make sense to me to order Guy's via the app only to go there to stand in line with everyone else picking up a now cold burger. With the volume and throughput they need, how could it work?

When using the Blue Iguana as an example, he said you would skip the line and go straight to the front for pick-up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

When using the Blue Iguana as an example, he said you would skip the line and go straight to the front for pick-up.

It seems to me you would just skip one line for another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, surfone said:

I have not heard him mention it.  My understanding is they can sail full but doubt that will be the case.  Someone posted earlier on another thread that the Vista still has many open cabins, not sure how they knew that.  

I love the idea of ordering from an App and going to pick up food or having it delivered. I have no problem tipping for delivery of any kind.  I would love to be able to order from Guy's or Blue Iguana and just pick my order up.

I don't like the idea of a reservation system for the comedy shows.  I am not sure why fully vaccinated people have to socially distance at the comedy shows when they don't have to on land.  That's a real bummer for me.  We enjoyed the comedy shows the most.  We liked Carnival because they had no reservation system.  This is a huge negative that I hope is just temporary.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It seems to me you would just skip one line for another.

I remember when they first put in the line for Platinum/Diamond at the guest services counter. The looks (and occasional comments) people gave from the regular line were not warm and fuzzy.

I can see the same learning curve if people "jump around" food service lines - just because...

Tom

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I remember when they first put in the line for Platinum/Diamond at the guest services counter. The looks (and occasional comments) people gave from the regular line were not warm and fuzzy.

I can see the same learning curve if people "jump around" food service lines - just because...

Tom

I love the idea, it's so much more efficient than standing in a line. You know you want that burrito before you actually get up and head that way. Just order it and by the time you get there its ready, you  get it, and walk away in seconds.

• Like 2