Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0629USA.thumb.png.9ae77951c54d6a082dd30ec22fd4d2c7.png

0629Europe.thumb.png.01e8b4abcb78a25b81e9e386cbc0db57.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 7

Thank you to the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  Hugs are just starting to come back.  Lots of camera fans here but not sure why we would  want to celebrate mud.  Kind of an ironic quote by Wilde.  I've been to a few ports in Iceland but not Seydisfjordur.  My alternate menu suggestion is a bit less healthy than the peppers, Indonesian Tea Goodies as enjoyed on MS Prinsendam June 2, 2015.

https://serenitytokiel.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/indonesian1.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
Pacific Northwest/BC blowtorch
JazzyV awaiting eye surgery
wandb sister-finished with aggressive chemo and awaiting cat scan results
Awaiting results of bennybear DSIL surgery for aggressive cancer
Surfside, Florida

From the rotation:
mamaofami DH Sam in rehab until about 7/4
StLouisSal’s weakness and fall injuries

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

Lasyv and son in Sedonia for a week

St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip

Family visiting highland cruiser

Good Cat Scan result for Sam

Mr Boston visiting mom in Michigan

cunnorl’s niece visiting

and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, everyone.  

Another hot one today and then we should get some relief.  I'm going to the pool followed by a hair appointment.  I need the hair appointment.  

Hooray for cameras and hugs.   I'll skip the mud, thank you.

Today's meal sounds like a good one.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/stuffed-zucchini-and-red-bell-peppers-recipe-1916276

62665298_StuffedZucchiniandRedBellPeppers.jpeg.4efd031eadde9be6e8f854054de7085a.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the daily report and care list's.

70°F and sunny here.

We are hugging people and also like photography.

We have never been to Iceland or tried today's food and drink.

Nice selection of ports though.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210629_121725.jpg

Screenshot_20210629_121841.jpg

Screenshot_20210629_121549_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210629_121753.jpg

Screenshot_20210629_121920.jpg

Screenshot_20210629_121943.jpg

Screenshot_20210629_122049.jpg

Screenshot_20210629_122117.jpg

• Like 31

Good morning.  Always have my "camera" with me, never know what I'll see on my daily cart ride.  Only hug DH right now. No thank you to the Mud Day, and the quote gives pause.

The meal sounds and looks wonderful.  Will file it for another day, take out from our favorite Mexican restaurant tonight.

My friend leaves for home tomorrow.  It has been a wonderful month of having her here.  We got lots of crafting done.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, continue to social distance, and wear your mask.

French 75:

French 75 is a cocktail made from gin, Champagne, lemon juice, and sugar. It is also called a 75 Cocktail, or in French simply a Soixante Quinze. The drink dates to World War I, and an early form was created in 1915 at the New York Bar in Paris—later Harry's New York Bar—by barman Harry MacElhone. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 oz Gin, 1/2 oz Lemon juice, 2 Dashes Simple syrup, 2 oz Champagne
Preparation: Combine gin, syrup, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into an iced champagne glass. Top up with Champagne. Stir gently.
Drinkware: Champagne flute

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 7.24.26 AM.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning:

Yes to cameras and hugs, but mud? The only fond experience I've had with mud was in my youth (teens) when a bunch of guys would find a big mud puddle and put a footbal down in the middle of it and play a game of tackle football. 

I came across anpther interesting quote today. A professer named John Shedd was trying to encourage students to leave their own safety zones and explore life. He said: "A ship is safe in harbor, but that is not what ships are for". For our group that metephore has become a statement of reality.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by jimgev
  • Like 26

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Love hugs    I'll pass on the mud, the dog tracks enough of it in.

Amusing quote.

Thanks for the meal suggestion.  @dfishThanks for the recipe link, it looks really good.

Great pictures Graham.

I enjoyed our trip to Iceland a few years ago, I don't think we stopped in Seydisfjordyur, maybe next time.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a nice Tuesday.  Stay cool.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Tuesday smile 🙂 

DH would certainly celebrate camera day - he has enough camera stuff to open a store 😉 I’ll pass on the mud and look forward to the day we can hug our friends and family safely again.  No one had better complain 😉 

EFC1C90A-EF00-4870-B69A-AE9ADF5B5AE3.thumb.jpeg.8155cfe9cc624188e8cc70a1940345d1.jpeg

LOL on the Oscar Wilde quote - he certainly could be sardonic.

The meal suggestion sounds good.  I think I will have to my market today for ingredients as well as fruits and vegetables:

461E878F-B600-42A5-990D-ED795151FA68.jpeg.6ed8740f240b702215b3d2131e3d39c9.jpeg

My “different” peony.  I had to move it when we were rebuilding the retaining wall (the absolutely wrong time to move a peony) and pleased to see it blooming this year 👍 

D1CEA872-C56B-457D-B76E-0475536715ED.thumb.jpeg.d533762e8802127c36588d89f062d858.jpeg

Hope we hear some good news from @bennybeartoday 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

C135D437-4DE0-4D9D-B37D-A550497839D1.thumb.jpeg.4bdf5f4ea850a5f44afc67f94fe6f617.jpeg

Stay safe & don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Great combination of days! Hugs are making a comeback!

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyite family! Another lovely morning, though a bit of a pop up shower earlier. Interesting quote. The meal looks great, Debbie! Pass on the drink. Not sure if that port is on my itinerary next month. 

@TiogaCruiser, Laura, thank you for volunteering to cover the Daily wine  postings. Jacqui, I appreciate your generous offer to cover for someone - yet again! Glad you can sit this one out. 

Today is “pull everything out that I think I want to bring with me next week” day. Make sure it works, gets charged, has no rips, etc… perhaps the Beachfront Winery tonight before the Holiday crowds arrive. 

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2015

Excellence is rarely inexpensive. This superbly rated wine comes with a hefty price. The least expensive online distributor I found offers it for $99.99. You might find it for less locally. Look at that list of grapes!

Winemaker notes

#18 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

Chateau de Beaucastel has long been regarded as one of the greatest wines in France. It is notorious for its elegance, balance and ageing potential. Beaucastel has an exceptional terroir at the Northern limit of Châteauneuf du Pape, exposed to the Mistral wind. All thirteen varieties of the appellation have been organically grown since the sixties.

With a beautiful intense carmine-red color, this 2015 Beaucastel has a lively attack and very quickly reveals aromas of beautiful red fruit. The finish has delicate notes of licorice with powerful but not aggressive tannins. A great vintage of Beaucastel red.

Blend: 30% Mourvedre, 30% Grenache, 10% Counoise, 10% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 15% Vaccarese, Terret Noir, Muscardin, Clairette, Picpoul, Picardan, Bourboulenc, Roussanne, 5% Roussanne, Bourboulenc, Grenache Blanc, Picpoul, Clairette, Picardan

JS97 James Suckling: All 13 grapes. This has a dark fruited, blueberry and blue plum nose with wide swinging tannins. Some white peppery elements, violets, brooding dark spices, blue fruits and dark plums. Builds from the ground up. Dark stones. Impressive, powerful. wine. Drink from 2025. 
WS97 Wine Spectator: A stunner from the get-go, with waves of thoroughly seductive boysenberry, plum, blueberry and raspberry reduction forming the core, while roasted apple wood, rooibos tea, bergamot, and anise notes flash throughout. Has plenty of bass, with a Turkish coffee accent and a hint of alder driving underneath. Everything moves in lockstep through the seriously long finish. Best from 2020 through 2045.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good  morning  and  thanks  for  the  Daily. I  will  try  the recipe  another  day  when  it  is  possible  to  turn  on  the  oven,thanks @dfish. I  will  celebrate  cameras  and  hugs but  can't  imagine  why  mud is  given  a  day ! We  have  been  to  the  port and  I  remember  being  so  excited  about  the  startling  beauty  all  around  us. It  was  early  August  and  stayed  light  for  such  a  long  time.  We  also  had  incredible  weather ,sunny  and  warm  with  a  breeze.Good  times.

We  had  a  short  power  outage  again  yesterday,probably  due  to  high  usage. We  have  two  more  days  of  high  heat  and  humidity and  then  it  is  expected to  be  cooler. My  chore  for  the  day  is grocery  shopping  but   other  than  the  necessities I  find  myself  doing  very  little which  is  unusual.

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

• Like 31

Happy Tuesday Rich and Daily-ites. Thank you for our Daily. 

Had a lovely dinner with friends last night. Prime rib at our favorite restaurant. Later stopped at our place and had a nightcap on our beautiful cleaned patio.

Jacqui and Tioga: Claudio steamed the wax, layed some paper material over it, then used acetone. He will come by sometime this week and reseal it. I learned my lesson picking up hot candles.

Today we go to Stretch Zone and out to lunch for fish. Looks like mid 80's with chance of rain most of this week. Sure wish the PNW could get some.

Mud gets to share a day with cameras and hugs? Sheesh..

image.png.a23845b363b94971bbc0ce85ef2607ac.png

Hoping we hear good news from folks on our prayers list.

Ann I'm so happy for you. Cruising in a week! Hard to believe!! 

Prayers, Cheers and Blessings 

• Like 30
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone. I used to use my cameras to take pictures and actually took a course in photography. One of my earliest photos won an award last year in our town’s annual juried art show. Now, I just use my cell phone camera. Hugs have been in short supply this past year and they are coming back. Love a good hug, especially these days.

Carol

• Like 27

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Ann I'm so happy for you. Cruising in a week! Hard to believe!! 

Prayers, Cheers and Blessings 

Not a cruise, Joy. This is a land only trip around Iceland. I am really looking forward to it. 

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Great combination of days! Hugs are making a comeback!

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyite family! Another lovely morning, though a bit of a pop up shower earlier. Interesting quote. The meal looks great, Debbie! Pass on the drink. Not sure if that port is on my itinerary next month. 

@TiogaCruiser, Laura, thank you for volunteering to cover the Daily wine  postings. Jacqui, I appreciate your generous offer to cover for someone - yet again! Glad you can sit this one out. 

Today is “pull everything out that I think I want to bring with me next week” day. Make sure it works, gets charged, has no rips, etc… perhaps the Beachfront Winery tonight before the Holiday crowds arrive. 

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2015

Excellence is rarely inexpensive. This superbly rated wine comes with a hefty price. The least expensive online distributor I found offers it for $99.99. You might find it for less locally. Look at that list of grapes!

Winemaker notes

#18 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

Chateau de Beaucastel has long been regarded as one of the greatest wines in France. It is notorious for its elegance, balance and ageing potential. Beaucastel has an exceptional terroir at the Northern limit of Châteauneuf du Pape, exposed to the Mistral wind. All thirteen varieties of the appellation have been organically grown since the sixties.

With a beautiful intense carmine-red color, this 2015 Beaucastel has a lively attack and very quickly reveals aromas of beautiful red fruit. The finish has delicate notes of licorice with powerful but not aggressive tannins. A great vintage of Beaucastel red.

Blend: 30% Mourvedre, 30% Grenache, 10% Counoise, 10% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 15% Vaccarese, Terret Noir, Muscardin, Clairette, Picpoul, Picardan, Bourboulenc, Roussanne, 5% Roussanne, Bourboulenc, Grenache Blanc, Picpoul, Clairette, Picardan

JS97 James Suckling: All 13 grapes. This has a dark fruited, blueberry and blue plum nose with wide swinging tannins. Some white peppery elements, violets, brooding dark spices, blue fruits and dark plums. Builds from the ground up. Dark stones. Impressive, powerful. wine. Drink from 2025. 
WS97 Wine Spectator: A stunner from the get-go, with waves of thoroughly seductive boysenberry, plum, blueberry and raspberry reduction forming the core, while roasted apple wood, rooibos tea, bergamot, and anise notes flash throughout. Has plenty of bass, with a Turkish coffee accent and a hint of alder driving underneath. Everything moves in lockstep through the seriously long finish. Best from 2020 through 2045.

Wow Ann, this wine sounds really lovely. 

• Like 9

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s already feeling like 90 degrees at 8 am. , going to feel like 105 later today and again tomorrow. Having a cold supper tonight, cold soup almost like gazpacho. 
    Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Stay cool. 

• Like 20

Good morning everyone, thanks for today’s daily report.  I’ll have to remind myself to take more photos today.  Been giving lots of hugs this past week.  Due to the rain that Detroit has had there is an abundance of mud.  The quote reminds me of watching an Alfred Hitchcock movie.  Today’s cocktail would be nice with today’s menu selection.  I haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the photos.  We’ll be driving from the Detroit area to the Petoskey area later this morning so off the grid for most of the day which has been nice, I must say.  Prayers to everyone on the prayer list and 🥂to those with celebrations today!

• Like 24

14 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s already feeling like 90 degrees at 8 am. , going to feel like 105 later today and again tomorrow. Having a cold supper tonight, cold soup almost like gazpacho. 
    Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Stay cool. 

When is the weather expected to cool down?  We are heading your way on Friday.

• Like 10

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Hugs are making a comeback, although I was never much of a " hugger". We dont see much mud here, it is all sand. Have never been to Iceland, but it is on the list for sure!

Roy, you can take my niece off the celebration list. She has gone home after a wonderful visit.

All is quiet here today. Going to do groceries before the crowds arrive for the holiday weekend.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1