The Daily for Tuesday Jun 29, 2021

richwmn

@ger_77 our son has a black long haired cat who also greatly appreciates a grooming a couple of times a year. He is unable to prevent knots and tangles on his own so the haircuts free him and he immediately goes into kitten mode after he is groomed - yet, admittedly, he looks a bit comical. 

Good thoughts and prayers to everyone. 

• Like 18

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@StLouisCruisershere’s what our Sochi looks like today.  In speaking with the vet this morning (who called to check on her), she said she estimates they shaved 8 oz of hair off her.  She looks kind of funny now, but Ragdoll hair grows quickly, so in a month she’ll be looking fine.  It makes such a difference to her whole demeanour after a haircut;  she’s running all over the house, jumping into the bathtub for a drink, etc. I think she enjoys the feeling of the air on her skin.  
5B9E8C5D-117C-4013-A2FD-C4037E3BFBC8.thumb.jpeg.523d91667bb8f35f91421093d3d1dfb4.jpeg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry how adorable! We had a Himalayan blue point that we shaved every summer. Keisha passed away at 16.5 She LOVED her haircuts! She acted like a playful kitten after her shave. The vet said we could only do it once a year because at her Advanced age the medicine to knock her out affected her.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Craig just got home and has cleaned the pool and ready to read with his favorite drink, the Negroni. 

10973724-5DD5-4BAC-9299-77F2F227D471.thumb.jpeg.c14c0c2c8a62d34782c9371dbbe75959.jpeg

Haven’t had a Negroni since my last cruise! Just might try one tonight. I worked up a sweat watching our lawn service mow the lawn!😎

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Just picked up a Papa Murphy pizza for dinner. 

Today and yesterday were rainy - thank goodness! The yards and gardens were getting a bit dry. 

The Bee Balm and Phlox are starting to bloom. We have at least one hummingbird visiting the red Bee Balm. 

20210629_130511.thumb.jpg.946bdd9484e005d037787149f87a5b9a.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Haven’t had a Negroni since my last cruise! Just might try one tonight. I worked up a sweat watching our lawn service mow the lawn!😎

For DH it’s usually just a weekend thing but he’s been gone and needed one. I’d say you do too!!  😎

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday. Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

Many thanks to @zigdilcru , @Ichiban Nekko, and @TiogaCruiser for replies about San Francisco yesterday.  

I was really bummed last night after finding out that Monterey has been removed from our itinerary. I had already booked a winery tour there. 😞 I had specifically chosen it because it had Monterey, Santa Barbara, and San Francisco.  They are subbing Catalina and more time in San Francisco.  I haven’t discussed it with Craig yet, he gets home in a few hours from his car trip to visit his siblings.  I’ll hug him when he arrives. 

I like taking pictures but I’m not really good. Looking back at the pictures I’ve posted from The Ports of the Day I’ve realized that Craig takes better pictures than I do so I’m glad he now has a better iPhone with a better camera. 

@smitty34877 Praying for Camilla. 

Have a great day everyone!

Monterey is such an elusive port stop.  We have missed it twice due to weather.  Like you, we really want to do a wine tour from there.  We are scheduled for California Coast October 10 sailing on Koningsdam.  That date was just recently added.  Catalina will be kinda interesting.  It has been years since I was last there.  We used to take the ferry out of San Pedro as kids.

I bet you'l have a great cruise no matter.  The B2B sounds awesome!

• Like 11

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@ger_77,thanks  for  the  Sochi picture. She  looks  great  and  I  am  sure  less  fur  is a  wonderful  feeling.

@StLouisCruisers., I  am  so  glad  the  tire  situation  was  worked  on  quickly  and  that  your  DS  was  able to  pull  over  in  time. Also, the  DGS  picture  was  so  sweet!

We  just  got  big  news  here. My DSIL  is  now  a Great  Grandma  and  my  niece  is  a  Grandma. The  baby  was  born  to  her  son  and  wife  7  weeks  early and  required an  air lift to  Boston  from  Fall  River,MA. Miss  Camilla is  in  the  NICU and  presently  requires  breathing  assistance  and  a  g tube  for  feeding. We  are  hopeful  that  she  will  progress  with  time  and  not  suffer  complications. This  would  have  been  my  brothers'  first  great  grandchild  but  he  passed  away  12  years  ago. Any prayers  for  mother ,father   and  child  would  be  appreciated. Thanks.

Terry

Congratulations on the new addition to the family.  Sending good thoughts Miss Camilla she develop with time, and that she has no complications.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm just happy I have some good news to report!  Too many downer days...

A dual system AC system is always the best.  When you have a house with several stories and the AC has only one thermostat and AC unit, you can't keep all the floors comfortable.  Same with heating.  If you finish your basement and don't put a heating unit and thermostat down there, you will freeze in the winter months.  I know this from past experience at my homes and my children's homes.  

I second this!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm celebrating cooler temperatures this morning.  Only 68 at 7:00 this morning.  Heading for mid-80's this afternoon, so about 20 degrees cooler than yesterday and cooler in the days ahead.  I'll take it!  Our house got to 94 degrees yesterday and the day before, now it's down to 83.  Never thought I'd say this, but 83 in the house feels good!

Will celebrate cameras and hugs, no thanks to the mud.  Our VOV didn't have this port, so have never been there.  Stuffed peppers sound good, but I'm still not going to heat up the oven today.  Last night we tried getting take-out and several restaurants nearby were closed due to the heat.  We ended up getting some nice cold salads from the grocery store deli. That and wine made a nice meal.

We're feeling excited about some travel plans we have for November and December.  IF all goes well our cruises will happen (Med in Sept-Oct and Caribbean in November-December) but to add to the excitement, we have plans to visit a dear friend and relatives in NC, then we, DD, DSIL and DGS's will fly to CA and have an early Christmas with our DS and DDIL.  It will have been 2 years since we've seen our California kids.  🙂  It means another visit to Disneyland (DDIL is an Imagineer so we get in free!) so the grandsons are happy about that!

It was 95 on our upper floor when I went to bed last night, it's 87 now and I agree it's glorious!  And crossing my fingers our morning marine layer provides some drizzle, they said it might. 

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, atexsix said:

It was 95 on our upper floor when I went to bed last night, it's 87 now and I agree it's glorious!  And crossing my fingers our morning marine layer provides some drizzle, they said it might. 

It’s definitely more humid. Our house doesn’t want to let go of the heat, 88 upstairs now but better than yesterday. There’s actually a tiny bit of breeze today. I’m waiting for the “I survived the hundred year heatwave” T-shirts to come out. 😄

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

60's in Westport, WA, most of the day. We did get a little mist out of the marine layer overnight. The wind is still blowing onshore from the southwest and the breeze is quite cool.

• Like 10

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, Roy for the lists and to everyone who who has contributed to this daily.

@kazuhave you had any further news of Joe?

@smitty34877 sending best wishes that Camilla makes good progress.

The polar blast hitting the country caused huge waves in Wellington last night, people living very close to the shoreline were evacuated from their homes.

We have an overcast day with occasional sunshine, Temperature 10.C, the very cold wind persists.

Take care everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@StLouisCruisershere’s what our Sochi looks like today.  In speaking with the vet this morning (who called to check on her), she said she estimates they shaved 8 oz of hair off her.  She looks kind of funny now, but Ragdoll hair grows quickly, so in a month she’ll be looking fine.  It makes such a difference to her whole demeanour after a haircut;  she’s running all over the house, jumping into the bathtub for a drink, etc. I think she enjoys the feeling of the air on her skin.  
5B9E8C5D-117C-4013-A2FD-C4037E3BFBC8.thumb.jpeg.523d91667bb8f35f91421093d3d1dfb4.jpeg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thanks for posting this photo, she is a lovely cat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

🐈My son's kitty has the 'lion shave' for the summer.🐾

1624992257074_0_20190820_163551.jpg

• Like 12

Very late to the party!  Prayers for baby Camilla and her family.  It is always so wonderful to welcome a new life!

Glad that there was some uplifting news---found sunglasses, wax off the patio, and, most importantly, a cooling trend for the PNW.  Happily we are welcoming afternoon rain showers in Western Colorado.  Fires are still going, and mudslides in Glenwood Canyon cause lengthy detours, but we will take it!  Rain showers amount to .01" or less, but anything!

Good night, everyone!  May Wednesday be a great day for everyone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Very late to the party!  Prayers for baby Camilla and her family.  It is always so wonderful to welcome a new life!

Glad that there was some uplifting news---found sunglasses, wax off the patio, and, most importantly, a cooling trend for the PNW.  Happily we are welcoming afternoon rain showers in Western Colorado.  Fires are still going, and mudslides in Glenwood Canyon cause lengthy detours, but we will take it!  Rain showers amount to .01" or less, but anything!

Good night, everyone!  May Wednesday be a great day for everyone!

We had a nice rain this afternoon and it came about 1/2 hour after my lawn was  mowed. The lawn is the happiest I have seen it in ages. Hope the fires are under control soon.... the mudslides in burn areas are really a problem.

Susan

• Like 8

8 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, Roy for the lists and to everyone who who has contributed to this daily.

@kazuhave you had any further news of Joe?

@smitty34877 sending best wishes that Camilla makes good progress.

The polar blast hitting the country caused huge waves in Wellington last night, people living very close to the shoreline were evacuated from their homes.

We have an overcast day with occasional sunshine, Temperature 10.C, the very cold wind persists.

Take care everyone.

I don’t have any further news on Joe, sorry.

I’m relying on a friend and neither she nor I are relatives so the information is limited.  

Wow on your polar blast 😱 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kazu said:

I don’t have any further news on Joe, sorry.

I’m relying on a friend and neither she nor I are relatives so the information is limited.  

Wow on your polar blast 😱 

Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1