Greece Cruises Beach Days

laurelguy

If you mean the free local extravaganza,  then we were taken by tender to the dock and then coach to the garden of a property just a short distance round the headland from the dock.  We were welcomed with free ouzo and then there was a buffet of local delicacies and free beer and wine. There was then a performance of Greek dancing before we returned to the ship in time for dinner. Everyone tried really hard and the locals were eager to give us a good time but it possibly didn't quite meet the expectations of the dinner at Ephesus which it replaced. But it was still an enjoyable experience nonetheless and we appreciated that Windstar had done their best to make it up to those guests who were disappointed by the change of itinerary.

If you mean the paid excursion to a beach, then I'm afraid that I don't know where it went but I do know that some people were underwhelmed by their excursions and it might be a lot cheaper to organise a taxi to a beach of your choice. In most beaches we went to in Greece we could have free loungers if we bought a drink, or around 5-10 euros for a set of 2 loungers, a table and a sun umbrella.

Edited by Mocamps
Sent it too soon!

• 2 weeks later...

This will be our first time to Greece and we would appreciate recommendations for beaches and things to do that you have found to be worthwhile in the ports of Gythion, Nafplion, Mykonos, Syros, Patmos, Rhodes, Crete, Santorini and Monemvasia. Thank you so very much!