Jump to content

Tracelets being used on the Millenium/Summit


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

Excuse me if this has been answered, but, what is the purple band?

If I'm not mistaken those are the bands showing that you are a vaccinated passenger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, davekathy said:

Reminds me of the criminal ankle monitor. Not speaking from personal experience. 

Like the one you cut off three times and got caught each time? That one? 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 2:32 PM, Jim_Iain said:

While not Celebrity -   MSC's look like the ones on RCL.    While I'm not a fan  of it.    I will do whatever is required to get back aboard.

 

image.thumb.png.dade067d90022e5096b2d5a2251f9595.png

 

I'm all over that, too. It's all about what is best for the safety and lives of all the HUMANS aboard the ships. I will wear it like a head band with the front on my forehead if need be. Maybe draw in what appears to be a third eye? That should lead to ice-breaking conversations.

Socially distanced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is the tracelets use RFID.    This is used around you daily in everything from security devices at stores, employee access badges etc. etc.   etc.  If you are so concerned about the technology maybe you should also leave your credit cards, IPhone and passports at home.

 

Maybe tinfoil hats will also help

 

Jim, it's great to have you back at CC brother.

Most people have no clue to how public their life is. And it's not just because of the internet or cell phones. If you have a bank account, credit cards, pass port, drivers license, registered vehicle, surveillance cameras, ring door bells, anything that is voice prompted and so on, it is all on record. Pay $30 bucks a month and you can find out way more than you ever wanted to know about anyone in your life. Anyone who has had to deal with being hacked, knows how interconnected everything is.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, mom says said:

If I'm not mistaken those are the bands showing that you are a vaccinated passenger.

It was a docs verified wristband for folks before you completed checkin. able to be removed onboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'll wear these but I won't like it.  I don't like the feeling.  I don't even wear a watch anymore.  At least that i can take off whenever I want.

 

Is this done on all ships or just revolutionized ones?  Thinking of Infinity.

Edited by zitsky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wondering  about Reflection?

 

What type of report/ record is generated?  Who has access?  

How long are reports kept after cruise ends?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike981 said:

 

Jim, it's great to have you back at CC brother.

Most people have no clue to how public their life is. And it's not just because of the internet or cell phones. If you have a bank account, credit cards, pass port, drivers license, registered vehicle, surveillance cameras, ring door bells, anything that is voice prompted and so on, it is all on record. Pay $30 bucks a month and you can find out way more than you ever wanted to know about anyone in your life. Anyone who has had to deal with being hacked, knows how interconnected everything is.
 

Thanks Mike.    It is indeed nice to be back.    It's incredible how quickly my addiction to CC returned.   There  are so many great people here.  

 

Living in the middle of Silicon Valley I see new technology every day, from robotic delivery carts to stores using RF where you don't even need to checkout (RF again).   It is incredible how quick technology advances.    I was looking at a Nest Security Cam the other day and it's most expensive new offering has built in facial recognition.

 

I do a lot of Forensic Genealogy work and it is amazing how much information can be obtained about relatives, unknown parents and relative relationships from a small DNA sample.   Even if you don't do a DNA sample and approve the upload to a forensic site any relative even 1st, 2nd and 3rd cousins DNA would give a good clue to your parents and sibling.

 

With the number of camera on a ship, I 'm surprised anyone would think they could not be tracked on a ship.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hcat said:

The tracking is one issue   but  I am more concerned with wearing an wi fi type  antenna on my body! Is this safe?

 

Believe me it is not a WiFi or WiFi antenna, they would consume far too much power.  My intention is to advise all that we use RF daily and it isn't a secret governmental plot to implant us with chips.  There's enough misinformation out there already.

 

Answer a few questions and you will find you are already loaded with RF technology on a daily basis.    

 

The little stickers on merchandise and often in the boxes that help prevent shoplifting are RF.

 

Are you afraid of carrying your passport? -   If there is a little symbol like this picture you already are carrying a RF chip.

image.png.b4882ecdff6345a1cf5819293a2bbaab.png

 

Does your credit card have a chip or tap feature... Guess what it is?

image.png.b2ebf362698a7628479398fd4f91705d.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Believe me it is not a WiFi or WiFi antenna, they would consume far too much power.  My intention is to advise all that we use RF daily and it isn't a secret governmental plot to implant us with chips.  There's enough misinformation out there already.

 

Answer a few questions and you will find you are already loaded with RF technology on a daily basis.    

 

The little stickers on merchandise and often in the boxes that help prevent shoplifting are RF.

 

Are you afraid of carrying your passport? -   If there is a little symbol like this picture you already are carrying a RF chip.

image.png.b4882ecdff6345a1cf5819293a2bbaab.png

 

Does your credit card have a chip or tap feature... Guess what it is?

image.png.b2ebf362698a7628479398fd4f91705d.png

 

Thanks for this info..very interesting. Aware of it being all around us...

But I do not wear or carry my visa card or cell phone on my wrist for several hours at a time and keep that stuff away from me most  of the day.  Our home security system has a little antenna but it is away from us...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

 

Thanks for this info..very interesting. Aware of it being all around us...

But I do not wear or carry my visa card or cell phone on my wrist for several hours at a time and keep that stuff away from me most  of the day.  Our home security system has a little antenna but it is away from us...

lol.... I'm a techno nerd so have my phone on my belt all the time and my wallet with all those RF cards in my back pocket.    Prior to retirement I also had my Work ID (RF to access different areas) around my neck 8-10 hours a day.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Do the unvaccinated folks have something that tells them apart for the vaccinated ?

Two large pimples on their nose. Recorded on facial recognition. Not removed by surgery. You will see them. 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We wore these for the July 10th cruise on Summit. No big deal at all.  Just one small step to start cursing again.  And in case someone does have Covid, will not have to quarantine large groups of folks. But on our cruise zero Covid cases from crew or passengers.  Only problem is they come apart easily.  My wife had to use band aids to keep it together by the end of the cruise.  
 

But again we’ll worth it in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For any geeks who want a partial tear down photo….there’s a watch (button) battery powering a tiny circuit.

 

My first tracelet lasted until about 9pm this evening, at which point it fell apart in the restroom while I was helping my daughter. I cleaned and returned the pieces to the front desk and got a new (and sanitized) one for myself. My second one caught the lip of the cabinet and came apart. I luckily had all the clean and dry pieces to photograph this time. If you press hard they do have a red/pink light to show they are active. I’m not the only one of my traveling party to have one fall apart. They pop together pretty easy…this doesn’t bode well for durability.

 

In talking to guest relations they said we are still in testing mode with them and they have a giant pile they are handing back to their QA engineer that don’t work. They are not impressed but are all hoping the trial ends without full implementation. I reccomended they keep plenty of data on issues and replacement needs.

DC5B94A0-2AC9-4CEB-A422-4A73634B845B.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Do the unvaccinated folks have something that tells them apart for the vaccinated ?

All adults are required to be vaccinated on the Summit, so no need. 

 

As the tech was explained to us by one of the Summit officers, the data from the tracelet is only accessed if a guest tests positive.  Then the data is checked to see which other tracelets that one has had extended close proximity to, and the folks wearing those tracelets are quarantined/retested. No one is monitoring your actions or storing how much time you spent at the Martini Bar 😁

 

Someone above asked about the purple wristband - they used those for excursion bus ID on our sailing....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NanaPam00 said:

All adults are required to be vaccinated on the Summit, so no need. 

 

As the tech was explained to us by one of the Summit officers, the data from the tracelet is only accessed if a guest tests positive.  Then the data is checked to see which other tracelets that one has had extended close proximity to, and the folks wearing those tracelets are quarantined/retested. No one is monitoring your actions or storing how much time you spent at the Martini Bar 😁

 

Someone above asked about the purple wristband - they used those for excursion bus ID on our sailing....

 

Maybe everyone could have a temporary tattoo with a number on their forehead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...