Grand Cayman open?

Ocean Cat

Cayman hasn't even opened to land tourists yet, and even locally-vaccinated residents have just finally dropped down to a 5-day quarantine when returning to the island.  Non-vac it's still 14 days, with a tracker and some serious fines/jail time for violations of the quarantine.  And you have to apply to go and have a reason or connection if you're not a citizen or permanent resident (ie. property owners or relatives of Caymanians) and then luck into booking one of the limited repatriation flights.

It would take a miracle for the island to be open to cruise tourists in 2021.  If they're open to land tourists by the end of 2021 I'll be amazed, considering how against reopening a good portion of the population is.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what shows are on the ship. I’ve googled and really didn’t get any answers except for After Midnight which doesn’t really interest me. I’d probably rather go with Joy or Encore but the price was about $500 cheaper on Escape for my dates. Now just waiting on my large column TA to call back and get me booked. 

3 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

Does anyone know what shows are on the ship. I’ve googled and really didn’t get any answers except for After Midnight which doesn’t really interest me. I’d probably rather go with Joy or Encore but the price was about $500 cheaper on Escape for my dates. Now just waiting on my large column TA to call back and get me booked. 

Choir of Man is amazing. After Midnight was just okay.

17 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I believe the Sky (now Gem) sailings out of Miami replaced Grand Caymen with Costa Maya.

We are on the Gem in October and Cayman was replaced with Costa Maya.