Does Carnival serve Coca cola or Pepsi products on board?

dolphfan

11 minutes ago, xmasteach said:

HELP!  Have not done carnival in ages.  Can you pack your 12 pack of Coke Zero in your luggage, or must it be carried on?

According to how it is written at Carnival's site, it is "only in guests' carry-on luggage."

Whether or not that is enforced, I do not know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I gave up sodas a year and a half ago, but before that was a big Coke drinker. And I know on my next cruise, I would have enjoyed a Rum and Coke as well. Will probably still get a Rum and Pepsi - but it's not the same! The one thing I did pick up drinking when I gave up soda was Bubly - so I'm glad to see those on the the menu now. But what i wouldn't give for them to add Mango or Raspberry (or even Peach) Bubly. If not, I'll definitely bring my own! 

22 hours ago, Love being Mimi said:

I like diet coke, but will drink dr. pepper.  But why they would change to pepsi?  What I can see they will lose money.  Guess I will be bring my own.

im sure there are as many pepsi fans as coke fans.

i dont drink soda any more (truly i used to LIVE on diet coke!), aside from the occasional diet sprite, its the only soda I can stomach (the migraine med I take has made ALL soda EXCEPT that one taste absolutely horrible). diet 7 up, sierra mist - nope. gross. i used to not care about brand at ALL. soda was soda. speaking of soda and the packages... I actually havent had any alcohol since starting that med a few months back, might want to try a drink before buying the next bubbles package and finding out alcohol doesnt work for me either LMAO that would be an expensive lesson to learn LMAO

I like diet coke, but will drink dr. pepper.  But why they would change to pepsi?  What I can see they will lose money.  Guess I will be bring my own.

delete. double post.

Edited by yappy2112

delete. double post.

Edited by yappy2112

It is 12:54 a.m. here in California and I can hardly wait for my DH to wake up. I am going to tell him I have a big, really good news surprise for him.  He is a die hard Pespi drinker and we had no idea that Carnival had changed to that. He is going to be an even happier cruiser come morning. 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:44 PM, Love being Mimi said:

Pepsi probably paid them for exclusivity. 

21 hours ago, JohnMI said:

According to how it is written at Carnival's site, it is "only in guests' carry-on luggage."

Whether or not that is enforced, I do not know.

They enforce it.  I forgot about that rule and turned my carry on into the porters because I didn't want to carry the 4 12-packs of soda (for me and my son).  When my carry on arrived at my room, it was considerable lighter.  Came with a note about the soda being confiscated because I didn't follow the rules and carry it on myself.  I was supposed to pick it up at the end of the cruise.  However, I talked to my steward and he was able to get my soda back for me to enjoy during the cruise.  Learned my lesson.

24 minutes ago, BeachyGirl64 said:

They enforce it.  I forgot about that rule and turned my carry on into the porters because I didn't want to carry the 4 12-packs of soda (for me and my son).  When my carry on arrived at my room, it was considerable lighter.  Came with a note about the soda being confiscated because I didn't follow the rules and carry it on myself.  I was supposed to pick it up at the end of the cruise.  However, I talked to my steward and he was able to get my soda back for me to enjoy during the cruise.  Learned my lesson.

They don't treat the luggage gently so I'm sure they've had cases where people's soda has burst so they say carry-on only. Same thing for wine.

23 hours ago, xmasteach said:

HELP!  Have not done carnival in ages.  Can you pack your 12 pack of Coke Zero in your luggage, or must it be carried on?

I definitely would not do that!!   Nothing like getting your luggage in your cabin and finding that one (or more) of your cans burst and you've got sugary soda all over EVERYTHING in your suitcase!!  

dripping soda out of luggage may be the reason why they changed to carry-on only.  (and also so they can keep track of how much you are actually bringing on board)

Non-alcoholic Beverages INCLUDED in the Cheers Beverage Program

·       Pepsi

·       Diet Pepsi

·       Pepsi Caffeine Free

·       Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free

·       Pepsi Zero Sugar

·       Sierra Mist

·       Sierra Mist Zero Sugar

·       Mug Root Beer

·       Diet Mug Root Beer

·       Mountain Dew

·       Diet Mountain Dew

·       Bubly Lime Sparkling Water

·       Bubly Grapefruit Sparkling Water

·       Bubly Orange Sparkling Water

·       Pure Leaf Honey Green Tea

·       Pure Leaf Tea & Lemonade

·       Pure Leaf Unsweetened Black Tea

·       Pure Leaf Sweet Tea

·       Gatorade Lemon Lime

·       Gatorade Fruit Punch

·       Propel Electrolyte Water

·       Propel Strawberry Raspberry

·       Propel Peach Mango

·       Starbucks Frappuccino

·       Starbucks Double Shot Espresso

·       Dr. Pepper*

·       Diet Dr. Pepper*

* Dr. Pepper products are only served on ships departing from the Galveston and New Orleans cruise ports.

Note: In January 2020 Carnival began transitioning to this new list of Pepsi products from Coke products. Until all the older Coke products have been depleted fleetwide you may see a mix of products available onboard.