Jump to content

Chef's Table


Recommended Posts

We are booked on Symphony for next January and have been watching assorted cruise videos which sometime highlight the Chef's Table experience.  DH was very impressed by this and would like to add this to our cruise experience.  This will be our 16th cruise and we thought to add something new to our trip.  How do you sign up for this and what is the cost?  I was always under the impression that this was akin to dining with the Captain and it was an invitation only venue.

Sue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, shofer said:

We are booked on Symphony for next January and have been watching assorted cruise videos which sometime highlight the Chef's Table experience.  DH was very impressed by this and would like to add this to our cruise experience.  This will be our 16th cruise and we thought to add something new to our trip.  How do you sign up for this and what is the cost?  I was always under the impression that this was akin to dining with the Captain and it was an invitation only venue.

Sue

Book it in your cruise planner.  I just looked at my booking and the cost on our September cruise is $85 pp. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look in your cruise planner to see if it's available for your cruise. They might be selling on board if they have availability.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Book it in your cruise planner.  I just looked at my booking and the cost on our September cruise is $85 pp. 

I don't see it in the cruise planner.  They do offer a Royal Lunch which is a "traveling" meal as each course is in a different venue.  That is $30/pp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't see it in the cruise planner it may be sold out. Once you get on board however openings do appear and they are willing to wheel and deal. We never get the Chef's Table before hand and have gotten offers such as 50% off. It's a great experience and I highly recommend it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A cautionary tale.  We did the Chef’s table in 2016 on the Anthem out of Bayonne.  it lasted about 5 hours, there was a large NJ/NY family on board the father/boss was an absolute boor.  When the waiters dissappeared he would start pontificating to his “family” and the rest of us who were at the table.  After 3 hours our wives left.  The food was really good there was a lot of wine some of it good.  By the end of the night, (I paid for it By Golly I am going to get my money’s worth) I had decided that if offered the Chef’s table for free, I would turn it down unless I could pick all of my table mates.

 

JMHO and YMMV.... I am sure sometimes when not sailing out of NY you get normal people at the setting.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it is in Chops, just a separate large table.  Although, I didn’t do Chef’s Table on Symphony, I did eat dinner there, and thought I saw an area set up for Chef’s Table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

A cautionary tale.  We did the Chef’s table in 2016 on the Anthem out of Bayonne.  it lasted about 5 hours, there was a large NJ/NY family on board the father/boss was an absolute boor.  When the waiters dissappeared he would start pontificating to his “family” and the rest of us who were at the table.  After 3 hours our wives left.  The food was really good there was a lot of wine some of it good.  By the end of the night, (I paid for it By Golly I am going to get my money’s worth) I had decided that if offered the Chef’s table for free, I would turn it down unless I could pick all of my table mates.

 

JMHO and YMMV.... I am sure sometimes when not sailing out of NY you get normal people at the setting.

totally agree, our one and only experience with Chef's Table was ruined by and elderly pinnacle who seemed to think she was queen of the ship. Showed up 20 minutes late and never shut up the entire evening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, shofer said:

We are booked on Symphony for next January and have been watching assorted cruise videos which sometime highlight the Chef's Table experience.  DH was very impressed by this and would like to add this to our cruise experience.  This will be our 16th cruise and we thought to add something new to our trip.  How do you sign up for this and what is the cost?  I was always under the impression that this was akin to dining with the Captain and it was an invitation only venue.

Sue

If it is available go for it. We have met so many wonderful people and we are still friends from most of our cruises.  Sometimes you will meet people not to your liking but this is with everything in life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...