The Daily for Wednesday Jun 30, 2021

Today is National Organization for Women Day, International Asteroid Day, and International Sailor Moon Day

"We do not remember days, we remember moments. - Cesare Pavese"

Meal suggestion for today - Crabmeat Cakes with Mustard Sauce

Drink of the Day - Chairmans Spiced Cider

Wine of the day - "Laurenz V. Gruner ""Singing"" Veltiner - Austria - White"

Destination of the Day - Hvar Croatia

At Sea Pacific
Nieuw Amsterdam drifting off Baja California
Westerdam destination La Paz MX eta7;2
Zuiderdam drifting off Baja California

Augusta IT
Eurodam

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Koningsdam
Noordam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stiffup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0630USA.thumb.png.03ccaef89b99672bc1a4adab911ce9ad.png

0630Europe.thumb.png.7b39eb3a53bc19a2afa2a8da79a710ae.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 5

SAILOR MOON is the quintessential magical girl phenomenon beloved worldwide that chronicles the adventures of a 14-year-old girl and her friends, chosen by destiny to defeat the forces of evil. Told between two beautiful anime series, SAILOR MOON has become cherished by fans for over 20 years.

https://www.viz.com/sailor-moon

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the last Daily of June, Rich.  Love all 3 of the days.  The Pavese quote is thought provoking.  I've never been to Croatia.  I'll pass on the crab.  My alternative is Fruit Ceviche and Grilled Molasses Lamb Chops.  It's what I would have chosen on MS Prinsendam June 7, 2015 if I had not been in Canaletto.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
Pacific Northwest/BC blowtorch
JazzyV awaiting eye surgery
wandb sister-finished with aggressive chemo and awaiting cat scan results
Bennybear DSILrecovering from surgery for aggressive cancer
Surfside, Florida
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU

From the rotation:
Mary229's sister resting after treatment for agressive cancer
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

Lasyv and son in Sedonia for a week

St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip

Good Cat Scan result for Sam

Mr Boston visiting mom in Michigan

and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Hump Day!

Interesting collection of days. 

Roy's meal suggestion sounds good to me today.

Hope the wine and the drink of the day are good too.

Sending prayers for all on the Care List.  Hoping for some relief from the heat for those out west.

Cheers to all who celebrate.

Stay safe.

• Like 20

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combination of days, though I prefer to celebrate asteroids from a distance.

Thank you for our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyite family. @DeeniEncinitas, Denise hope all is well. It has been awhile.  Interesting quote. Looking forward to the recipes.

Laundry, haircut, Zumba and walks. That is what is in store for me today. The sun is just cresting the trees, and the light is magical. Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Laurenz V. Gruner ""Singing"" Veltiner - Austria

This Veltiner has excellent ratings and a great price. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $13.98. A wild combination of tasting notes, but perhaps one to at least try.

Winemaker Notes

A very attractive fruit bouquet yields apple, peach and citrus aromas along with a typical Veltliner spiciness and a touch of white pepper. The soft and juicy palate is supported by fine acidity. It sings on the palate!

WE90 Wine Enthusiast: Green pear peel notes dance around riper notions of Mirabelle on the nose. The palate comes in with lively spritz, a tropical edge of passion fruit and reprises its twin theme of green pear and Mirabelle admirably. This is juicy, lively and fresh, with a yeasty zestiness on the dry finish.

JS90 James Suckling: Cooked apples with white peaches, green papaya and some match character. It’s full-bodied, yet bright and reserved with lovely fruit and medium acidity. Delicious, reserved aftertaste. Drink now. Screw cap.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning. Thank you Rich and Roy for your daily contributions. Both meal suggestions sund good to me. The quote is thought provoking and very true.

It looks like the NW heat wave is moderating a little bit but still dangerous. Everyone stay safe.

Jim

• Like 19

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Wednesday / Hump Day smile 🙂 

Great collection of days - I’ll celebrate them all but without a doubt, NOW is so worthy.  We owe a lot to that movement.

Love the Pavese quote and yum on the meal suggestion for today.  Pretty sure I am going to like that wine of the day.  I had one similar and it was delish 👍 

Haven’t been to today’s port but we have been to Croatia and loved it.  We’d be happy to return.

Another hot one here today.  I put laundry on the line yesterday and the clouds opened and we had a brief T-storm.  The laundry was still dry in 3 hours despite the rain.  That’s hot.

I guess the plants like it though as I already have 2 callas coming into bloom.

07657D56-F951-411A-BB61-D3B10BC3E5CA.thumb.jpeg.dd64b29a3078fbbbe51a7e6bf9c1946f.jpeg

They are early for here!

6A53BABC-C64C-4171-A639-B5D76AD1B69D.thumb.jpeg.ef84a2ac8afa11a489ce93fcc354bd82.jpeg

And a “different” oosteospermum.  I haven’t had one this colour before.  I do have some normal ones.

4EEE0351-5F2A-4E7C-A7EB-2786ABC388E0.thumb.jpeg.eca1a0a37a9ac514980a7708e5a4f3b4.jpeg

Planters are starting to look encouraging.  The dahlias are very happy with the heat so 🤞 

DH is discussing next year’s cruise and at the rate things are going, I’ll be living by this:

2E6F0E75-EB72-47C2-9517-2FA6C69C5230.jpeg.6d19aef7b222e0d8208ed6f1826aa4e2.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!

55E9E595-52B9-4334-9235-61A3F7097BAC.jpeg.23ef1bd0672db4bed9a28a9530994bc3.jpeg

Stay safe and cool and hydrated & don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good Morning All, thanks for the daily report.  Another hot day here, hopefully it ends tomorrow.  @dfishhoping that your power comes back.  Last night our microwave died.  Hopefully we will either get it repaired or replaced.  I hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 21

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Last night our microwave died.

Yikes on the appliance gremlin hitting you 😱 

I join you in hoping @dfish’s power is restored 🤞 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

It is 57°F cool, cloudy and the overnight rain has just stopped.

We are both well organised but Pauline is particularly well organised working 43 years in the civil service and was rewarded with an invite to HM the Queen's Royal garden party a couple of years ago.

Croatia is a lovely country especially Dubrovnik and Split but we have not been to Hvar yet.

We have come back to Harrogate for the day and just had a lovely lunch.

Saw the news this morning of dozens of deaths in Canada with the heat.

Our prayers go to everyone there.

Take care and stay safe friends.

Graham.

IMG_20160510_173423.jpg

IMG_20210630_112243.jpg

IMG-20210630-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20210630_120241.jpg

IMG_20210630_120922.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

It was a short night as the power went out around 11:00 pm.   I use a CPAP machine and couldn't sleep without it, so sat up for a while.  Power came back on just before 1:00 am and then I had to reset all the clocks.  It was a bit of a challenge to get the modem and router to work together.  But, the good part of all that is that we got some much needed rain.  My hydrangeas are loving it.   

I am excited because tomorrow I am heading for Michigan.   We are going to have a sisters weekend at the lake up near Traverse City.   Sunsets over Lake Michigan.

Hoping for some relief for those in the PNW.   That heat was oppressive.   Also prayers for baby Camilla.   May love surround her and help to gain strength so she can go home soon.  

Today's meal sounds great.  I love crab cakes and this recipe doesn't have a lot of filler.  It does make them hard to handle, but worth it in the end.  Commenters suggest using panko instead of bread crumbs.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/crabmeat-cakes-with-mustard-sauce-recipe-2040454

2077460152_CrabCakeswithmustardsauce.jpeg.d244ae67d668ec35cd5220d776f99df1.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Wednesday / Hump Day smile 🙂 

Great collection of days - I’ll celebrate them all but without a doubt, NOW is so worthy.  We owe a lot to that movement.

Love the Pavese quote and yum on the meal suggestion for today.  Pretty sure I am going to like that wine of the day.  I had one similar and it was delish 👍 

Haven’t been to today’s port but we have been to Croatia and loved it.  We’d be happy to return.

Another hot one here today.  I put laundry on the line yesterday and the clouds opened and we had a brief T-storm.  The laundry was still dry in 3 hours despite the rain.  That’s hot.

I guess the plants like it though as I already have 2 callas coming into bloom.

07657D56-F951-411A-BB61-D3B10BC3E5CA.thumb.jpeg.dd64b29a3078fbbbe51a7e6bf9c1946f.jpeg

They are early for here!

6A53BABC-C64C-4171-A639-B5D76AD1B69D.thumb.jpeg.ef84a2ac8afa11a489ce93fcc354bd82.jpeg

And a “different” oosteospermum.  I haven’t had one this colour before.  I do have some normal ones.

4EEE0351-5F2A-4E7C-A7EB-2786ABC388E0.thumb.jpeg.eca1a0a37a9ac514980a7708e5a4f3b4.jpeg

Planters are starting to look encouraging.  The dahlias are very happy with the heat so 🤞 

DH is discussing next year’s cruise and at the rate things are going, I’ll be living by this:

2E6F0E75-EB72-47C2-9517-2FA6C69C5230.jpeg.6d19aef7b222e0d8208ed6f1826aa4e2.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!

55E9E595-52B9-4334-9235-61A3F7097BAC.jpeg.23ef1bd0672db4bed9a28a9530994bc3.jpeg

Stay safe and cool and hydrated & don’t forget your 😷 

I absolutely love your daily meme's.

Thank you so much for the daily laugh.

Graham.

• Like 13

Good Wednesday morning to all!  Looking nice outside already today.  I hope those in the PNW are feeling some relief from the extraordinary heat there.

Thanks to @richwmnfor our Daily report.  I am getting excited thinking about some of the ships moving soon on their first cruises in a long, long time.  Thanks again to @rafinmdfor being keeper of our lists.  It is so sad to see the rescue workers working to find victims of the condo collapse in Surfside, FL  I pray they find all the missing.  Cheers for all on the celebration list.  Nice to see so many mentioned there.  

I would love to go to Hvar, Croatia because I have enjoyed my visits to that country before.  Can't wait to see the photos from those who have been there.

Very exciting news was announced this week by the US Youth Soccer National League, at least for THIS family.  The 2 players of the month of June (a male and female player) include my DGS Ren!  What an honor to be chose from all the players nationwide.  Nice little write up on him, too.

https://www.usysnationalleague.com/players-of-the-month/

Have a wonderful day!🙂

• Like 35

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Last day of the heat wave, it’s already 80 and feels like 90  , thunderstorms for this afternoon.

I’ve been to Dubrovnik, would like to go back. 
        Not sure about dinner tonight, might do takeout.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Stay cool 

• Like 18

Good  morning  from hot  and  humid  NY. I  managed  an  abbreviated  dog  walk earlier  and  will  continue to  hide  in  the  AC today. I  am  glad  the  horrible  conditions  are  less  so  in  the  PNW.

Thank  you  all  so  much  for  your  good  wishes  for  Miss  Camilla. My  niece(the  Grandma!) called  last  night  with  a  fantastic  update. They  were  able  to  remove  the  breathing  apparatus  and  she  is  now  breathing  on  her  own. I  told  her  about  this  wonderful  group  of  people  and  their  very  powerful  prayers  and  we  both  had  a  good,happy  cry. @kazu, I  related  your  story   to  DN  and  she  was  amazed. She  is  a  Nurse  Practitioner  and  has  seen  a  lot  in  her  work  but  told  me  she  continues  to  learn  so  much  from  people  everyday. Again, thanks  to  all  for  the kindness  you  have  shown.

My DGD  told  me  about  Sailor  Moon  and  it  really  is  a  great  story  for  everyone  to  read. I realize  that  asteroids  are  always  going  to  be  with  us  but  why  give  them  a  day? I  love  the  quote  and  look  forward  to  the  recipe. I  hope @dfish gets  power restored  soon.

My  best  to  everyone.        Terry

• Like 29

Happy Hump Day, Dailyites!

We've been to Dubrovnik, Korkula and Split in Croatia, and enjoyed all of them, but I guess not Hvar.  It sounded familiar, so had to check on that.

This morning I'm thinking about sweet baby Miss Camilla.    @smitty34877 , I hope your family's precious new addition is getting stronger each and every minute.  ❤️

@kazu, your joke about spending it all really hit home.  DH logged into his HAL account yesterday and said, "You know you have 10 cruises booked?"  The answer to that, "Well, some are just back-to-backs."  🤣  😂

We had a really big travel year planned when pandemic hit, so gotta make up for lost time!

🛳️  ✈️  🌍  🌎  🌏

I am not too familiar with Sailor Moon, but if an asteroid comes our way, she sounds like the NOW-powered girl to save us all.  😍

For those who have been laboring under the heat dome, wishing you a break!!!  For all those experiencing challenges, prayers for you; and cheers to those who are celebrating. 🌻

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning  from hot  and  humid  NY. I  managed  an  abbreviated  dog  walk earlier  and  will  continue to  hide  in  the  AC today. I  am  glad  the  horrible  conditions  are  less  so  in  the  PNW.

Thank  you  all  so  much  for  your  good  wishes  for  Miss  Camilla. My  niece(the  Grandma!) called  last  night  with  a  fantastic  update. They  were  able  to  remove  the  breathing  apparatus  and  she  is  now  breathing  on  her  own. I  told  her  about  this  wonderful  group  of  people  and  their  very  powerful  prayers  and  we  both  had  a  good,happy  cry. @kazu, I  related  your  story   to  DN  and  she  was  amazed. She  is  a  Nurse  Practitioner  and  has  seen  a  lot  in  her  work  but  told  me  she  continues  to  learn  so  much  from  people  everyday. Again, thanks  to  all  for  the kindness  you  have  shown.

My DGD  told  me  about  Sailor  Moon  and  it  really  is  a  great  story  for  everyone  to  read. I realize  that  asteroids  are  always  going  to  be  with  us  but  why  give  them  a  day? I  love  the  quote  and  look  forward  to  the  recipe. I  hope @dfish gets  power restored  soon.

My  best  to  everyone.        Terry

Wonderful news about baby Camilla!  I hope things continue to look up for her.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good Wednesday morning to all!  Looking nice outside already today.  I hope those in the PNW are feeling some relief from the extraordinary heat there.

Thanks to @richwmnfor our Daily report.  I am getting excited thinking about some of the ships moving soon on their first cruises in a long, long time.  Thanks again to @rafinmdfor being keeper of our lists.  It is so sad to see the rescue workers working to find victims of the condo collapse in Surfside, FL  I pray they find all the missing.  Cheers for all on the celebration list.  Nice to see so many mentioned there.  

I would love to go to Hvar, Croatia because I have enjoyed my visits to that country before.  Can't wait to see the photos from those who have been there.

Very exciting news was announced this week by the US Youth Soccer National League, at least for THIS family.  The 2 players of the month of June (a male and female player) include my DGS Ren!  What an honor to be chose from all the players nationwide.  Nice little write up on him, too.

https://www.usysnationalleague.com/players-of-the-month/

Have a wonderful day!🙂

Congratulations to DGS!  I've really been enjoying your soccer journey.  We are very much a soccer family.  DS played for Nomads here in La Jolla and, oh, the places we went!

So much fun!  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Congratulations to DGS!  I've really been enjoying your soccer journey.  We are very much a soccer family.  DS played for Nomads here in La Jolla and, oh, the places we went!

So much fun!  Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!  He is such a sweet young man, too.  We're very proud of him.

• Like 13