Transfer from Ship to Airport - day before departure

In planning an upcomming trip I will be ending my cruise in Civitavecchia, Italy on a Saturday and flying out of the Rome Airport (FCO) on Sunday.  My plan is to stay in a hotel near the airport on Saturday night.  Can I use the Norwegian transfer service to get a ride to the airport on Saturday, then get a short cab ride or shuttle to my hotel?  I can't remember from past experience if they check the luggage straight through to the airline, which I certainly don't want to happen.

Thanks for the help.

In case this helps, there is Hilton hotel that is connected to the airport by a covered walkway. You can easily roll your.luggage  to the hotel. If you plan to stay overnight the hotel has a shuttle that you can take into Rome for a little sightseeing.

I am essentially doing the same this this October.  We are taking the shore excursion tour of Rome that drops off at the airport and then just walking over to the Rome Hilton Hotel, and flying out the next morning.  We chose this option because the flights back were early (9:45am)  The hotel offers breakfast starting at 5:30am so that will work out well.

• Like 1

Many cruises have a post-cruise excursion that takes you on a tour of the city on the way to the airport.  Some will also do a hotel drop-off, you just have to read the description.  But it counts as an excursion, so your latitudes discounts and $50 credit apply, so if you have the time, it can be a cheaper option than the NCL transfer.