Jump to content

Finally using those FCCs? A cautionary tale…


Recommended Posts

We have applied FCCs to several upcoming cruises. These FCCs started out as FCDs, which would have fulfilled the deposit requirement plus brought some additional OBC. Except now, because they’re FCCs, it required the intervention of Customer Relations (after being told several times by Princess agents that was not possible and begging to have them transfer me to Customer Relations). Those were some long and involved phone calls, and I was glad when they were over and everything was in place. Meanwhile, I sent in the information required to get our CCL OBCs applied to our bookings. 
 

Time passed, and the fare on these bookings dropped. It is before final payment so I phoned Princess to get them re-fared. Oh no no no.  This again involved being transferred to Customer Relations, but, after an hour on hold, someone came back online, took my contact info, and said they’d call me the next day. Yesterday was the next day, and though I didn’t get a call back, I did receive new booking confirmations with the new fares. All was well…I thought. I first realized that our CCL OBCs had been removed from all the bookings. That was one (easy) phone call to get fixed, and I was told that is a known issue with re-fares.
 

Then I noticed all the OBCs associated with the original FCDs had also been removed. That started a 2 hour 20 minute phone call to Princess, most of which was spent on hold with Customer Relations to get the OBC applied again. I never received an acknowledgement nor apology for what I was required to go through, just a statement that they were being bombarded this week. 
 

I know these prices are going to drop again, and I almost hope it’s not enough to warrant any action on my part. It shouldn’t have to be this hard. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We have applied FCCs to several upcoming cruises. These FCCs started out as FCDs, which would have fulfilled the deposit requirement plus brought some additional OBC. Except now, because they’re FCCs, it required the intervention of Customer Relations (after being told several times by Princess agents that was not possible and begging to have them transfer me to Customer Relations). Those were some long and involved phone calls, and I was glad when they were over and everything was in place. Meanwhile, I sent in the information required to get our CCL OBCs applied to our bookings. 
 

Time passed, and the fare on these bookings dropped. It is before final payment so I phoned Princess to get them re-fared. Oh no no no.  This again involved being transferred to Customer Relations, but, after an hour on hold, someone came back online, took my contact info, and said they’d call me the next day. Yesterday was the next day, and though I didn’t get a call back, I did receive new booking confirmations with the new fares. All was well…I thought. I first realized that our CCL OBCs had been removed from all the bookings. That was one (easy) phone call to get fixed, and I was told that is a known issue with re-fares.
 

Then I noticed all the OBCs associated with the original FCDs had also been removed. That started a 2 hour 20 minute phone call to Princess, most of which was spent on hold with Customer Relations to get the OBC applied again. I never received an acknowledgement nor apology for what I was required to go through, just a statement that they were being bombarded this week. 
 

I know these prices are going to drop again, and I almost hope it’s not enough to warrant any action on my part. It shouldn’t have to be this hard. 

Wow!! It shouldn’t have to be this hard, you are right. 

It seems for many of us getting credits sorted has turned into a part time job. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

J & G,

So sorry you have to go through so much and so much time on hold!  EEK!!!

 

You two should get the VIP treatment when you call after being such loyal Princess cruisers.

Sadly, that doesn't seem to matter at all.  Not sure why Princess doesn't have a system that 

will hold your place in line and call you back when it is your turn.  A certain travel agency does

that, and I have come across a few of those on airlines as well.  

At least you can go do something else for those 2 hour 20 minute wait times! 

 

I am excited to hear you have upcoming cruises!  Can we dare to hope your blog will be active along with your cruises?  I have missed living vicariously through you!  Our first one booked will be May 2022, for the British Isles, then Nov. 2022, trying a New Zealand roundtrip from Australia if they are open by then!   Your blog was instrumental in making us try for the Australia one!  

 

Fingers crossed more prices will drop for you but not as ugly a wait times!  Last one that I re-fared I had them check if the Shareholder credit went off and sure enough it did, but they fixed it then and there!  Of course that became a Princess cancelled cruise, BUT as least I know what to do next time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow that stinks.  I have a travel agent and let him stay on hold with Princess.  I am glad you got things straightened out;   until they drop your price again.  All the best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Wow that stinks.  I have a travel agent and let him stay on hold with Princess.  I am glad you got things straightened out;   until they drop your price again.  All the best

Yes my travel agent does this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2021 at 11:04 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

I never received an acknowledgement nor apology for what I was required to go through, just a statement that they were being bombarded this week. 

 

Our TA was on hold with Princess for 90 minutes one day, and hung-up on the next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

 

Our TA was on hold with Princess for 90 minutes one day, and hung-up on the next.

We need this in the quick reaction list:  ☹️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was on hold for 1 hr and 15 minutes. Finally talked to someone, then got transferred to another line with another 15 minute wait. I thought MSC was bad, but Princess is the new champ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...