Resorts World Bimini Cruise Port Debuts With First Docked Vessel

Interesting. I also looked up Resorts World Bimini (https://www.rwbimini.com/bimini-beach )

Does it look familiar to anyone? (Looks like the touted The Beach Club at Bimini, used by Virgin Cruises.) Could it possibly be the same place? At the foot of the ship?  Great location, if it is. Site says open until 5 pm.

25 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Interesting. I also looked up Resorts World Bimini (https://www.rwbimini.com/bimini-beach )

Does it look familiar to anyone? (Looks like the touted The Beach Club at Bimini, used by Virgin Cruises.) Could it possibly be the same place? At the foot of the ship?  Great location, if it is. Site says open until 5 pm.

The Beach Club is a joint venture of Genting and Virgin.  They each use it on different days.

Vince

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

The Beach Club is a joint venture of Genting and Virgin.  They each use it on different days.

Vince

I am fully aware of that. Just pointing it out, that's all. Odd to not use the same name.  Check out the website, if you haven't, as there is a lot do to from that location, all associated with the location. Also, one would have thought Crystal would have built up the "First Ship" and celebration that is connected to it!

44 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

I am fully aware of that. Just pointing it out, that's all. Odd to not use the same name.  Check out the website, if you haven't, as there is a lot do to from that location, all associated with the location. Also, one would have thought Crystal would have built up the "First Ship" and celebration that is connected to it!

I wouldn't be surprised if the separate branding is a term of the agreement.  Back in the day before the big cruise conglomerates had enough ships to sustain their "own" private ports, the lease holding lines often sublet the islands on off-days, under the requirement they not promote the call using the leaseholder's branded name.  It took away from the "private" image, even though it was private to THOSE passengers.

No one is hiding the facilities are shared, but it's another thing altogether to call out that it's shared by using the branding. 

Regarding the first "cruise ship" to use the beach club, I feel like they can do soft promotion like that, but if they make too big of a deal about it, they'll get a ribbing because Genting has been using it for months.  I'm sure it will get talked up onboard.

Vince

Have you heard what there is to do there? We are scheduled for an August stop on Carnival and I was wondering if there is anything to do if you get off and want to just wonder around or a beach/pool with in walking distance. I am not finding much information. Thank you 

4 hours ago, 33Minnie33 said:

Have you heard what there is to do there? We are scheduled for an August stop on Carnival and I was wondering if there is anything to do if you get off and want to just wonder around or a beach/pool with in walking distance. I am not finding much information. Thank you 

We rented a golf cart and went the entire length of the island (the one where the resort is). We enjoyed it! 

There was a nice beach, nearby. I think the resort will take you there, no doubt by golf cart.

23 hours ago, 33Minnie33 said:

Same here.  I am hearing they are putting a hold on ship stops due to a Covid flare-up so will have to see if it opens back up for August sailings.

I have done a lot of research and the beach club appeared to be delayed but I called the Resorts World office myself and was told they will be open at $100/day for cruise passengers.  They will run a trolley to/from the ship for cruise pax.  I cant be 100% sure but there is a beach day shore excursion listed (just beach and restaurant - no pool) and its $64.95/day (for 2 pax). From what I can see it looks like it is directly next door to the much larger beach club they were building for the resort and Virgin.  Some local news reports I have read say the opening of the beach club was delayed because of COVID but I also heard they are accepting guests from small ships.  Maybe this is their alternative for other cruise lines..it’s tough to get information to confirm any of this. 

There are also a couple other shore excursions which are now up on the Hub app for my sailing.  A snorkel trip out to a shipwreck, a stingray swim at Honeymoon Harbor, a short boat tour, and some “bubble” excursions for unvaccinated pax. 

I have read there is literally nothing else on the island except for the Resorts World/Hilton resort and maybe a small store or 2.  Golf carts appear to be the main form of transportation but I am sure taxis will be at the port.  

All this being said, I have a hunch we wont be stopping there in August…I don't think they’re ready for larger ships.  I am OK with an extra day at HMC. 🤷‍♀️

Unvaccinated pax? Half Moon Cay (HMC)?  I think you posted on the wrong cruise line forum.  This is Crystal Cruises and they don't have any unvaccinated pax nor do they go to HMC.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oakridger said:

Unvaccinated pax? Half Moon Cay (HMC)?  I think you posted on the wrong cruise line forum.  This is Crystal Cruises and they don't have any unvaccinated pax nor do they go to HMC.

If you didn’t notice from the quote at top, I was responding to a post asking a question about a Bimini stop on a Carnival cruise.  The Bimini info is discussed on several posts in this thread.  Sorry for any confusion. 

Edited by SheSailsFL