Dialysis at Sea (C) cruising or land tours

joyful1118

My husband requires hemodialysis 3 times a week.  We love to travel, particularly cruising.  We've discovered Dialysis at Sea* cruising and love it but would like to know what other companies provide this service to folks who want to keep traveling and enjoying life.  Has anyone taken a Dialysis Abroad trip?  What other companies provide this service?  Thanks for any feedback you might have.

*dialysisatsea.com

I have read a number of posts here from people who  do their own hemodialysis, and others who do peritoneal dialysis.  A search would bring up some threads… it’s been some time since anyone reported taking a cruise with dialysis appointments in the ports.  And you always run the risk of itinerary change, or unable to make a port.  To do a search, go to the long search box in the upper right under your username.  Type in your quest, and in the drop down box, click on This Forum.  You should get some results.  EM

On 6/30/2021 at 10:53 AM, joyful1118 said:

My husband requires hemodialysis 3 times a week.  We love to travel, particularly cruising.  We've discovered Dialysis at Sea* cruising and love it but would like to know what other companies provide this service to folks who want to keep traveling and enjoying life.  Has anyone taken a Dialysis Abroad trip?  What other companies provide this service?  Thanks for any feedback you might have.

I am assuming he needs to go to a dialysis center to have this done.    

The only other company that I have heard of that provides dialysis on a ship is https://www.cruisedialysis.co.uk/     They are out of England and may be affiliated with Dialysis at Sea.  

If your husband self-administers at home, there will be more options as he would have his own equipment.   If this is the case, check with the cruise line you are considering to ensure you comply with their rules.    

CruiseCritic has an article here:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3400