Cruise cancellation extended until 17th December 2021

Just got our replacement cruise conformation  for 4 th Nov 2022  Melbourne to NZ  and hopefully return....

Same cabin.... as we had on the Golden... then booked on Sapphire cancelled   and now on the Grand...

Fingers crossed .... only 485 days...   set and forget     then check in August 2022...

Don

• Like 4

I sent in that form last Friday, still haven't heard from Princess and still showing as booked on the Nov 2021 cruise.  I am hoping for the same cabin as it's an obstructed ocean view between 2 lifeboats so a bit of a view.

1 hour ago, Tikibird said:

I sent in that form last Friday, still haven't heard from Princess and still showing as booked on the Nov 2021 cruise.  I am hoping for the same cabin as it's an obstructed ocean view between 2 lifeboats so a bit of a view.

I would phone Princess and organise that way. I sent the form before midday last Thursday and received a phone call from a Princess Holiday Planner Friday morning. I assumed it was because of the online form but no, it wasn't, she was ringing to see if we had received the Princess email and asked what we wanted to do. She was not aware that I had even sent the form in.

I asked for our Nov PNG cruise be swapped to the replacement next November which she did. But when I received the booking confirmation it had the price for the replacement cruise as if we were booking it as a new cruise. Also a deposit of $984 to be paid by 17th July (we had used FCDs to pay the original deposit). I emailed her back and she phoned to say that the price etc would be adjusted in a couple of days. When I checked our cruise personaliser, it has both cruises on it still. If nothing happens between now and next Friday I'll phone Princess to check what is going on. I wonder if the same thing has happened to all those who want the replacement cruise?

9 hours ago, possum52 said:

I would phone Princess and organise that way. I sent the form before midday last Thursday and received a phone call from a Princess Holiday Planner Friday morning. I assumed it was because of the online form but no, it wasn't, she was ringing to see if we had received the Princess email and asked what we wanted to do. She was not aware that I had even sent the form in.

I asked for our Nov PNG cruise be swapped to the replacement next November which she did. But when I received the booking confirmation it had the price for the replacement cruise as if we were booking it as a new cruise. Also a deposit of $984 to be paid by 17th July (we had used FCDs to pay the original deposit). I emailed her back and she phoned to say that the price etc would be adjusted in a couple of days. When I checked our cruise personaliser, it has both cruises on it still. If nothing happens between now and next Friday I'll phone Princess to check what is going on. I wonder if the same thing has happened to all those who want the replacement cruise?

I saw that so I was reluctant to call them because maybe the call centre people don't know how to process the transfer correctly.  We have a great deal on our cabin and $175 of obc and don't want them stuffing it up. 

30 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

I saw that so I was reluctant to call them because maybe the call centre people don't know how to process the transfer correctly.  We have a great deal on our cabin and $175 of obc and don't want them stuffing it up. 

I would think if the call centre doesn't know how to process the transfer, you ask to speak to a supervisor. 

Leigh

On 7/7/2021 at 4:35 PM, getting older slowly said:

Just got our replacement cruise conformation  for 4 th Nov 2022  Melbourne to NZ  and hopefully return....

Same cabin.... as we had on the Golden... then booked on Sapphire cancelled   and now on the Grand...

Fingers crossed .... only 485 days...   set and forget     then check in August 2022...

Don

Don, how did you go about getting your trplacement cruise? 

28 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Don, how did you go about getting your trplacement cruise? 

Hi Leigh,

I received email from Princess  advising about cancellation, with the 3 options. replacement, refund, roll over into FCC ... It also had a list of replacement cruises.... rang TA  she contacted Princess re replacement in same cabin, and got conformation for TA, then a two later from Princess Direct of new booking.    all with same cabin but different ship

Thought have nothing to loose as FCC expire end of 2022 at the moment so might as use them

So it was pretty seamless.... also acted on it straight away, as very limited ( 10 ) cabins of that type at that location...

Don

10 hours ago, possum52 said:

Hi Leigh

I am on the same PNG cruise and have also swapped over to the new one for November 2022. Called Princess to have the change made. Yes both cruises are now in my cruise personaliser too. 

When i was speaking to the girl at Princess she told me that at this point they were just getting people on to their new cruise and the price would be adjusted in the next few weeks to the original cost. I queried the deposit (same as yours) and she said that would all be adjusted. We are using FCD as well. Having so many bookings to deal with she said it would take a bit of time to update all the bookings. 

I'm sure they are under the pump with all the cancellations - re-bookings etc so I'm happy to give them a bit of time to make the updates. 

46 minutes ago, debmm said:

Hi Leigh

I am on the same PNG cruise and have also swapped over to the new one for November 2022. Called Princess to have the change made. Yes both cruises are now in my cruise personaliser too. 

When i was speaking to the girl at Princess she told me that at this point they were just getting people on to their new cruise and the price would be adjusted in the next few weeks to the original cost. I queried the deposit (same as yours) and she said that would all be adjusted. We are using FCD as well. Having so many bookings to deal with she said it would take a bit of time to update all the bookings. 

I'm sure they are under the pump with all the cancellations - re-bookings etc so I'm happy to give them a bit of time to make the updates. 

Thank you debmm. Basically what I was told, the only difference being a few days instead of a few weeks. It would have caused less stress to have put that information in the booking confirmation. As long as it all works out. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Leigh,

I received email from Princess  advising about cancellation, with the 3 options. replacement, refund, roll over into FCC ... It also had a list of replacement cruises.... rang TA  she contacted Princess re replacement in same cabin, and got conformation for TA, then a two later from Princess Direct of new booking.    all with same cabin but different ship

Thought have nothing to loose as FCC expire end of 2022 at the moment so might as use them

So it was pretty seamless.... also acted on it straight away, as very limited ( 10 ) cabins of that type at that location...

Don

Thanks Don. Hopefully it all works out for everyone.

29 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Thanks Don. Hopefully it all works out for everyone.

One other thing just remembered about the replacement cruise.. tried to do a dummy booking for it, you could pick cabin type but nothing more... so it looks like they have locked booking until their dead line of the 31st July...

Cheers Don  sitting with the heater on as its about 2 deg outside

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Thank you debmm. Basically what I was told, the only difference being a few days instead of a few weeks. It would have caused less stress to have put that information in the booking confirmation. As long as it all works out. 

The booking confirmations are a standard, generated format. There may not be anywhere for additional notes to be added.

Cancelled cruises take a while to disappear off your personaliser. Possibly the cruise stays "on file" until all refunds/moveovers/FCCs have been processed then it's removed from inventory.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

One other thing just remembered about the replacement cruise.. tried to do a dummy booking for it, you could pick cabin type but nothing more... so it looks like they have locked booking until their dead line of the 31st July...

Cheers Don  sitting with the heater on as its about 2 deg outside

Thanks Don, it was -0.2 here just before 8am according to our weather station and very foggy which had lifted completely by the time I came out of the local shopping centre just before 9am.

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The booking confirmations are a standard, generated format. There may not be anywhere for additional notes to be added.

Cancelled cruises take a while to disappear off your personaliser. Possibly the cruise stays "on file" until all refunds/moveovers/FCCs have been processed then it's removed from inventory.

Thanks Julie.

OK I called them and have the replacement cruise booked with invoice $905 more than the original cruise.  Same cabin.  Oddly the OBC on the replacement cruise is $150 each as opposed to $85 each on cancelled cruise.  Would be nice if we get the higher one!

Only worry is that they are showing a deposit of $760 due on 12 July or cruise is cancelled.

Both cruises are on my account. 

Will they really cancel it if I don't send more money for deposit?  As in computer generated auto-cancel?

19 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

OK I called them and have the replacement cruise booked with invoice $905 more than the original cruise.  Same cabin.  Oddly the OBC on the replacement cruise is $150 each as opposed to $85 each on cancelled cruise.  Would be nice if we get the higher one!

Only worry is that they are showing a deposit of $760 due on 12 July or cruise is cancelled.

Both cruises are on my account. 

Will they really cancel it if I don't send more money for deposit?  As in computer generated auto-cancel?

I would take screen shots so you have proof and keep both cruise booking confirmations.

12 hours ago, possum52 said:

I would take screen shots so you have proof and keep both cruise booking confirmations.

Yes I did, thanks.  Have your cruises been normalised yet?  Correct price and deposit info on the rebooked cruise?

4 minutes ago, Tikibird said:

Yes I did, thanks.  Have your cruises been normalised yet?  Correct price and deposit info on the rebooked cruise?

No, still two cruises listed. It seems as if it will take some time for the first cruise to drop off and the replacement cruise to have the correct price and deposit. 

I had Princess call me a few days after I submitted the forms for cancelled cruises and was also told that the "price matching team" would be confirming the prices on the new bookings in about 10 days or so and to ignore the new booking pricing.

My 4/5th November cruise was a guarantee balcony cabin bought in the Black Friday sale (good price) so not a problem there, however for my Tassie cruise I had an aft facing premium cabin.   On the Grand there are less B4 category cabins than on Sapphire so I stressed my preference for that and will see what happens.  My 5 night Tassie is now a 7 night SA.  I had noticed that all B4 cabins on the new SA cruise were marked unavailable so maybe they have removed some cabins from sale.  On the other hand they have made the 14th Dec SA cruise the option for both the cancelled 5 night Tassie and the 7 night SA cruises.  Two cruises into one.

I also had a 14 night Nth Qld cruise cancelled for the 3rd time but had already booked the corresponding cruise for Nov 2022.  4th time lucky.  There are only 12 ME cabins on Emerald deck on the Grand against 18 on Sapphire and I wanted to make sure I had one.  I need some cover on the balcony.  I asked them to combine the two bookings so will see what happens there.  I was using FCCs for the Sapphire booking and had already paid the deposit for the Grand.

With the new schedule I now have a 13 night and 14 night B2B which I am nor really happy about.  Prefer a gap between.  What will be will be.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ondine said:

With the new schedule I now have a 13 night and 14 night B2B which I am nor really happy about.

Right now a 27 day combined cruise sounds like heaven  🙏

Or a 7 day cruise to nowhere even 🙄 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Interesting article on ABC website - federal politician supports local cruising.

Push for Cruise Ships to Resume on East Coast

However he still seems unsure about the safety of it in that he doesn't mention the cruises that have successfully operated overseas. It's a promising start though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a promising start though.

He should be talking to his leader before making announcements to the ABC. Without support from up top it's so much hot air.

First thing is to make sure that the cruise lines will have enough vaccinated passengers. Which could be some time the way things are being handled at the moment.

Next is for the Federal government to finally provide a protocol under which sailings can occur. Which should already exist, but doesn't.

Then the cruise lines will be able to start planning their season.

When the federal and states decided the percentage of fully vaccinated people as a threshold.  We May see some movement .

I don’t understand why the cruise line would want to bring there ships here to do business.  It’s just like the vaccines there’s no consistency no one knows what’s going on .

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Next is for the Federal government to finally provide a protocol under which sailings can occur. Which should already exist, but doesn't.

Then the cruise lines will be able to start planning their season.

We don't know if Federal government has a protocol under which sailings can occur. It is possible that this has been prepared and is being held until the appropriate time. I don't think they would be talking about it now when it is sometime in the future.