Cruise cancellation extended until 17th December 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Just received notice from Celebrity that Celebrity Eclipse Aus/NZ cruises are cancelled thru 17-April '22. So that just confirms for us for our QLD coastal cruise Mar 26 is gone!

We had only paid deposit, transferred from Solstice 4-Apr '21 so we will take the refund offered. They are offering 125% FCC good thru 31-Dec 22 or a move to same cruise in '23 (or within 4 weeks of the original date in '22), but I think it is time to reset on cruising until some normality returns.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Just received notice from Celebrity that Celebrity Eclipse Aus/NZ cruises are cancelled thru 17-April '22. So that just confirms for us for our QLD coastal cruise Mar 26 is gone!

We had only paid deposit, transferred from Solstice 4-Apr '21 so we will take the refund offered. They are offering 125% FCC good thru 31-Dec 22 or a move to same cruise in '23 (or within 4 weeks of the original date in '22), but I think it is time to reset on cruising until some normality returns.

It’s about time,   aren’t going to book something for next season?

I think it’s a good idea because price is going to go though the roof.

45 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Yes we were on the January 3, 2022 sailing.   I see on our celebrity account it was cancelled today,  however I have not yet received an email.   Likely in our travel agency inbox.    We have a Europe June 2022 celebrity cruise booked that we will use fcc for.  Hopefully that one goes. !   I agree keep moving FCC forward is nerve wracking.  Refunding and starting over is probably not a bad idea.

19 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s about time,   aren’t going to book something for next season?

I think it’s a good idea because price is going to go though the roof.

Chilli, the Eclipse cruise, well originally the Solstice cruise in '21, was a SPECIAL occasion for Tracey & I, that has sadly come & gone - well, we still had the occasion, just the cruise to celebrate didn't happen. We originally were happy to let it ride to next year, but now it would be '23, so maybe we just need to move on on that plan. It is just a deposit.

We still have a substantial FCC with RC for our cancelled Apr 2020 Voyager cruise which we need to address at some point. I have actually lost track on the current validity on that one as they have just continued to push back the use-by date on that one. That could get us a nice NSW/ACT roadtrip to visit all of our friends here on cc 🙂 

51 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Chilli, the Eclipse cruise, well originally the Solstice cruise in '21, was a SPECIAL occasion for Tracey & I, that has sadly come & gone - well, we still had the occasion, just the cruise to celebrate didn't happen. We originally were happy to let it ride to next year, but now it would be '23, so maybe we just need to move on on that plan. It is just a deposit.

We still have a substantial FCC with RC for our cancelled Apr 2020 Voyager cruise which we need to address at some point. I have actually lost track on the current validity on that one as they have just continued to push back the use-by date on that one. That could get us a nice NSW/ACT roadtrip to visit all of our friends here on cc 🙂 

I think the FCC ‘s have to be booked by March April and sailings by September 2023. But as you said I’ve lost track also.

The last of my parents just died and they used to live in Port Douglas.

They moved back to Sydney and regretted it. 
They said a few times they wanted to go back but where just to old to move again.

So I should have about $1600 in FCC with Royal and I’m going to book some grand suites on radiance.

We are going to take them back to Port Douglas 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

I guess my cruise must be cancelled too then.  I haven't heard from them yet.

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think the FCC ‘s have to be booked by March April and sailings by September 2023. But as you said I’ve lost track also.

They said a few times they wanted to go back but where just to old to move again.

So I should have about $1600 in FCC with Royal and I’m going to book some grand suites on radiance.

My condolences to you and your family Phillip. 

47 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Sorry to hear of your loss, may good memories bring you smiles.  

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Good thing we decided some time ago this was going to happen. We will wait until we hear from our travel agent about what happens next. We have almost $1,000.00 in the deposit but it is refundable. I think we will take the refund, we aren't sure when we may cruise with Celebrity again.

Our next cruise is more than a year away and that is on Princess.

Thanks for the heads up that the cruises are cancelled, it's not a surprise.

I'm sorry that once again your special occasion has been postponed. I guess when the occasion passes and is not celebrated as planned it doesn't seem the same.

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Phillip.

Port Douglas is such lovely place. We spent quite a few holidays up there before we discovered cruising.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Phillip, my sincere condolences to you and any others of your family.  May your parents rest in peace in Port Douglas.

4 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Sorry to hear of your loss, may good memories bring you smiles.  

No condolences needed the had their time and wanted to go.
Are yoos cumin it’s going to be a hoot of a time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

No condolences needed the had their time and wanted to go.
Are yoos cumin it’s going to be a hoot of a time.

Qld is closed to NSW people, Chili. Sorry to remind you of that.

21 hours ago, mr walker said:

We are taking a refund as well, already have Celebrity FCCs. The 125% is tempting, but the ships arrive late October so there is only an 8 week window to cruise. If the FCC covered the season (to April 2023) we would have taken it. 

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Condolences to you, and how nice of you to do that. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Qld is closed to NSW people, Chili. Sorry to remind you of that.

Uncle Les there’s no cruise ships to take us there anyway.

We are planning fo next November 2022 ,,hopefully it will be possible.

But we originally thought this mess would be over in 6 months ??

My mum and dad are in no hurry.

We where planning to have a bit of a ceremony on Radiance while anchored off  Port Douglas.

But apparently you have to be in international waters to have a burial at sea.

So we will probably just catch the tender into town and spread them on the boat ramp.

They where mad on fishing.

1919AF10-FFAD-4DB9-8E25-88E524C78D77.jpeg.0026cf30d43794dba643a7817bf17d55.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 5

we have rolled over three cancel cruise to one Nov 2022, but we will see, as the FCC expire at the end 2022.....

It is lovely to do things for your parents...... The best one I pulled off was back in 2000 for their 50th wedding anniversary,  took them down to Port Fairy ( they went there on their honeymoon )

It was a surprise..  hire a Statesman to drive them down there and a wonderful was had by all...

( it was last trip away... when dad was still dad )

But since Covid....quite a few celebration have not happen....including my Mum''s swansong Cruise.

Hoping to get to Tassie for our 25 years together... it is all booked... but the borders could easily shut on us.... by then we will by fully vaccinated..... I look at it, as a period of disappointments and anything planned is uncertain......

along with lockdowns    which make it like groundhog day....every day

Don 

• Like 1

Marine Traffic is showing Golden Princess/Pacific Adventure heading off to Suez with arrival date of 09August. Interesting that both P&O and Carnival AU based ships are heading further away from our shores. Pacific Explorer is now heading to Port Klang, Malaysia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RosieCanberra said:

We are taking a refund as well, already have Celebrity FCCs. The 125% is tempting, but the ships arrive late October so there is only an 8 week window to cruise. If the FCC covered the season (to April 2023) we would have taken it. 

Yes I was thinking that if they were to extend validity to end of 22-23 season we would maybe let it ride. We would want to be onboard early April for our special event, well special event 2 years later 🙂 

1 minute ago, mr walker said:

Yes I was thinking that if they were to extend validity to end of 22-23 season we would maybe let it ride. We would want to be onboard early April for our special event, well special event 2 years later 🙂 

It seems a bit strange that they are only allowing such a short time for them to be used, given the current situation here.

I had a Princess FCC which was valid for cruises departing by end 2022. I wanted to use it on a 2023 cruise booking so I phoned them and they just extended the expiry date then applied it to my booking. Princess are good like that. The cruise that the FCC came from had been cancelled sometime last year so validity to end 2022 was quite reasonable at the time but we already had other cruises booked so couldn't use it before 2023. Now I've got a whole lot more sitting on my Princess account! 

6 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Marine Traffic is showing Golden Princess/Pacific Adventure heading off to Suez with arrival date of 09August. Interesting that both P&O and Carnival AU based ships are heading further away from our shores. Pacific Explorer is now heading to Port Klang, Malaysia.

Not looking good for us.  Does anyone know if Golden/Adventure underwent any transformation while in Singapore.  P&O are keeping quiet on this.  They will have to make some announcement soon surely.  So sad.

53 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Not looking good for us.  Does anyone know if Golden/Adventure underwent any transformation while in Singapore.  P&O are keeping quiet on this.  They will have to make some announcement soon surely.  So sad.

According to Marine Traffic and Equasis she is still known as Golden Princess. Marine Traffic is shown her underway to Suez. 

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It seems a bit strange that they are only allowing such a short time for them to be used, given the current situation here.

The other option offered was for a transfer to the following year '23 within a 4 weeks window. There is not QLD coastal listed and the cruise that covers the same time (from 26th Mar) is Southern NZ. I love cruising NZ, but late Mar/early Apr would be too late in the season weather-wise for NZ for us.

Anyway, we don' t have to decide immediately.