John Heald is stuck in the UK :( Will not be able to cruise :(

matymil

1 minute ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Somehow carnival got him through? Not sure how?

The correct paperwork working through the correct channels.  Or the power of a large corporation in America.  Either way, it worked.

6 hours ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

John is on the way today and will be on the Horizon tomorrow. 

Hmm Prince Harry was in the UK for the Diana statue unveiling, so maybe John H. thumbed a ride back over to the US with him - you know all "Royalty" sticks together (UK royalty/Carnival royalty) LOL.

(I am just kidding with this post 🙃)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Hmm Prince Harry was in the UK for the Diana statue unveiling, so maybe John H. thumbed a ride back over to the US with him - you know all "Royalty" sticks together (UK royalty/Carnival royalty) LOL.

(I am just kidding with this post 🙃)

It’s what we need, hopefully it will get us off of the “anything to do with the virus” talk. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 5:56 PM, natefish95 said:

I want to echo everything that @chengkp75 has said. Chris Wong was able to travel to the US from the UL just fine because he was traveling on a C1/D visa since he actually works on a ship and was able to quarantine on the ship. John is traveling for business on an ESTA and therefore subject to Presidential Proclamation 10143, which limits travel of individuals from many countries, including the UK. No disrespect to John, but he is not an essential worker (the show will go on without him) and his business in the U.S. is non-essential. 

There have been ZERO changes to travel from the UK to the US in the past 24 hours due to the Delta variant. That may have been the explanation given by someone, but they were mistaken. PP 10143 is the primary mechanism limiting travel right now.

Also, I doubt it was a US Customs and Border Protection officer since they do not have a presence at LHR. Preclearance is only done from Dublin and Shannon in Ireland. CBP would not deny boarding to someone at LHR. 

So John was lying when he said it was a US law enforcement Officer???

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 6:58 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Ironic, as vaccinations should be essentially a passport!

Tom

That's not how it works. The vaccination would protect John Heald.  However, the virus can still be transmitted to others. Additionally, with the new Delta variant, they are just being careful. He's a grown up. He'll be okay.

31 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

That's not how it works. The vaccination would protect John Heald.  However, the virus can still be transmitted to others. Additionally, with the new Delta variant, they are just being careful. He's a grown up. He'll be okay.

He's enjoying a miami right now since he went with the correct paperwork so he was able o fly today.

• Like 1

Ive only made a few posts on this community and I dont pretend to be part of it. This is probably going to sound trolly but the amount of people who care that a multi million dollar a year making CEO cant go on a "cruise" is giggleworthy. I hope i dont get banned for that opinion. 

1 minute ago, KyloRen said:

Ive only made a few posts on this community and I dont pretend to be part of it. This is probably going to sound trolly but the amount of people who care that a multi million dollar a year making CEO cant go on a "cruise" is giggleworthy. I hope i dont get banned for that opinion. 

He's not a CEO or even an executive at Carnival.  He's the Brand Ambassador which is basically a cruise director for the entire fleet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KyloRen said:

Not troll-like at all, or banned worthy, but at least try to know what you're talking about.  Where did you infer that JH is a CEO or that he makes millions of dollars a year?

• Like 1

Some of us actually like following John on social media and appreciate his posts.  Cruising is starting after over a year and it make sense that Carnival's brand ambassador is part of the process.  I am glad he made it on the ship and am looking forward to hearing how that cruise is going.  People who don't like him don't need to follow his comments.

We were on one of the cruises he sailed a few years ago.  He was very entertaining and has a great sense of humor.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3