Jump to content

Ship capacity?


Recommended Posts

Thanks for that. Did you REALLY  need to post a nothing comment . People use these forums to gain advice and insights into their cruises. 

You took time to read my post and still you felt that you would post a comment that helps noone   Why?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

NCL has not made any recent announcement about initial capacity on any of their sailings. Way back in April, when FDR sent a letter to the CDC demanding they drop the conditional sail order, he said that NCL planned to start at 60% and increase by 20% every 30 days. However that was meant to appease the CDC. The current return to sailing framework from the CDC does not specify any capacity restrictions beyond the need for social distancing for unvaccinated passengers.

 

So far, the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sailings have been around 40% capacity, if that is any indication.

 

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Davevics25 said:

Does anyone know how many passengers are likely to be aboard jade on her first few sailings

Wasn't the Jade supposed to start July 25th?  August 22nd is the first sailing on their website now, but I didn't see anything posted about suspensions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

NCL has not made any recent announcement about initial capacity on any of their sailings. Way back in April, when FDR sent a letter to the CDC demanding they drop the conditional sail order, he said that NCL planned to start at 60% and increase by 20% every 30 days. However that was meant to appease the CDC. The current return to sailing framework from the CDC does not specify any capacity restrictions beyond the need for social distancing for unvaccinated passengers.

 

So far, the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sailings have been around 40% capacity, if that is any indication.

 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, podgeandrodge said:

Wasn't the Jade supposed to start July 25th?  August 22nd is the first sailing on their website now, but I didn't see anything posted about suspensions?

Most of the early sailing (including Alaska) are sold out and no longer listed on the NCL web site

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Davevics25 said:

Thanks for that. Did you REALLY  need to post a nothing comment . People use these forums to gain advice and insights into their cruises. 

You took time to read my post and still you felt that you would post a comment that helps noone   Why?

Yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Davevics25 said:

Thanks for that. Did you REALLY  need to post a nothing comment . People use these forums to gain advice and insights into their cruises. 

You took time to read my post and still you felt that you would post a comment that helps noone   Why?

But there will be as many people as they let on the ship. The answer is 100% accurate. It also really doesn’t matter how many people they let on the ship.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Davevics25 said:

Thanks for that. Did you REALLY  need to post a nothing comment . People use these forums to gain advice and insights into their cruises. 

You took time to read my post and still you felt that you would post a comment that helps noone   Why?

None of us have any idea..is that better?

 

We can guess, based on other lines...around 40% or so is a good enough guess.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been following the July 25th roll call. They have their flights, ship is there, some crew aboard already, so it seems to be happening. I think a few people have posted that customer service told them it would be 60% but unclear for how long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I'll tell you how crowded it looks in 24 days. 😎

I would think even 60% would look very empty...sounds glorious.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we first booked our July 25 cruise to Greece, the NCL person told us that it would only be filled 60% and everyone would have to be vaccinated. I have not seen anything to contradict that. There has been speculation for the US cruises but I have not seen anything from NCL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, kby1216 said:

When we first booked our July 25 cruise to Greece, the NCL person told us that it would only be filled 60% and everyone would have to be vaccinated. I have not seen anything to contradict that. There has been speculation for the US cruises but I have not seen anything from NCL. 

Have they mentioned anything regarding face masks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've also been told by 2 different ncl cruise consultants that they are booking up to 60% capacity right now and that includes my sailing on the Joy in January.

Of course I understand that could change but it appears most are hearing that  60% number and I'd be super happy with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

So far, the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sailings have been around 40% capacity, if that is any indication.

 

Yaay, more chairs...less chair hogs. I might actually be able to find an open lounger by the main pool on my upcoming Adventure of the Seas cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back in April, Frank Del Rio told the CDC that sailings would start at 60% the first month and increase by 20% each month after that.

I read somewhere that each ship will start at 60% for its first month of sailing (so Epic will first sail in Sept at 60%, then increase by 20% for Oct, then increase by another 20% for Nov, etc. And Joy will sail at 60% in January because that is when it returns to sailing).

But really, who can guess at this point. I would LOVE to be on a reduced sailing!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...