Jump to content

The Daily for Thursday Jul 01, 2021


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

I don’t expect the cruise to be cancelled.  Our date was changed from November 10th to October 30th and sadly, that date doesn’t work for us (or, should I say for the dogs). 😔 

 

Definitely the 3rd time was not the charm for us 😞 

I'm so sorry! 😞  

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Happy July! Happy Canada Day! 

A bunch of good days today. I love ice cream and wings, altho limiting them these days.

I'll pass on the seafood meal, altho with just shrimp it'd be ok. I like the drink and wine. And Dive In fries.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for pictures from those who have.

 

It's much cooler here today (70F) and rainy. But not storms like yesterday, just a gentle rain.

Sorry to hear about the fires in Lytton. 

 

@dfish Safe travels and have a great time.

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for Camilla. It will be great is she can soon be closer to her parents.

@grapau27 I recall being in York a few times. Enjoyed it very much. Enjoying your wonderful pictures.

 

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone, especially if traveling this holiday weekend.

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Back from the grocery where we stocked up after our absence from home.  I made sure to get a little ice cream in honor of today.  Not so creative a flavor though - it's mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches.  My reward for eating healthy the rest of the day.

 

Being Canada Day I was reminded of the time I got to have my picture taken with two Mounties.  Representatives from the RCMP boarded Seabourn Quest in Happy Valley-Goose Bay for photo ops.  The weather was poor outside so photos were taken inside instead of out in the rain.  They were so tall!

enhance

 

This was the Route of the Vikings II cruise in August of 2018.  Excellent itinerary!

Nice photo.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Happy July! Happy Canada Day! 

A bunch of good days today. I love ice cream and wings, altho limiting them these days.

I'll pass on the seafood meal, altho with just shrimp it'd be ok. I like the drink and wine. And Dive In fries.

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for pictures from those who have.

 

It's much cooler here today (70F) and rainy. But not storms like yesterday, just a gentle rain.

Sorry to hear about the fires in Lytton. 

 

@dfish Safe travels and have a great time.

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for Camilla. It will be great is she can soon be closer to her parents.

@grapau27 I recall being in York a few times. Enjoyed it very much. Enjoying your wonderful pictures.

 

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone, especially if traveling this holiday weekend.

Thank you.

I'm happy to post them and really pleased you liked them.

Graham.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone and Happy Canada Day on this Thursday. Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 
 

Funny, we had wings last night and I made steak fries to go with them. I love ice cream but I’m not very creative, I prefer vanilla. 
 

Tonight we are having leftovers again, trying to use them up. Two people can only eat so much. The meal suggestion sounds really good though. 
 

@lindaler You mentioned something about your dog a few weeks ago and not sure if she will be on your next cruise, is she okay?  I saw that you are on the October 10th sailing that I just booked. I would love to meet her, and you of course. 😉

 

Today I need to reschedule our flights and hotel for San Diego. Plus make sure the tours got canceled and credited. 
 

Have a great day everyone!

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone from a cooler New York!

 

Hoping the heat will dissipate for those still suffering - this has been a crazy summer temperature-wise, just wishing that the rest of the summer will be more "normal," whatever that is.

 

Haven't been to today's port, but will enjoy any photos.  Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors!! Love ice cream, but unusual flavors??? When we were in Bar Harbor, there was an ice cream shop that sold lobster ice cream.  I'm kind of adventurous but that was NOT a flavor I would try!

 

DSCN4286.thumb.JPG.ef9415ddff94106bb0841976270fc249.JPG

 

Stay safe, and enjoy the day!!

Laura

  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, kplady said:

When we were in Bar Harbor, there was an ice cream shop that sold lobster ice cream.  I'm kind of adventurous but that was NOT a flavor I would try!

Me neither!  And I thought the Lavender ice cream sold at a WA lavender farm was unusual. 😆

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

 

 

@lindaler You mentioned something about your dog a few weeks ago and not sure if she will be on your next cruise, is she okay?  I saw that you are on the October 10th sailing that I just booked. I would love to meet her, and you of course. 😉

 

At 14 she may not be around for my next cruise. I’m not sure which cruise is in Oct but my next cruise will be on the Rotterdam from Dec 1 until Jan 9. I do hope she gets to travel one more time but only time will tell. I hope to meet many of my “adopted family” when I start cruising again. 

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning, all, and Happy Canada Day!  Thanks to Rich and Roy and all who post.  The gardeners appeared this morning, surprisingly, and are trimming hedges, so I put out my garden bin and decided to do a bit of post-heat cleanup.  My first daylily is blooming - a lot of buds have been lost, but there are some left.  

 

IMG_5789.thumb.JPG.be738a529be871d206f69bce963563c1.JPG

 

It is overcast here this morning, and much cooler, happily.  Pat is golfing, and will come home hungry.  I have leftover soda bread and smoked salmon from last night when we had Ruth's husband and son in - they are so relieved that all went well with her surgery, which was laparoscopic and she didn't even need general anaesthesia (which is what I was worried about for her), just a drip.  Amazing what they can do these days.  We also had chicken wings last night, but they all got eaten!   Ruth's son, who is a chef, really enjoyed the wings and even asked where I got them.  (M&M Meats - honey garlic, definitely overcooked!)  

  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, lindaler said:

At 14 she may not be around for my next cruise. I’m not sure which cruise is in Oct but my next cruise will be on the Rotterdam from Dec 1 until Jan 9. I do hope she gets to travel one more time but only time will tell. I hope to meet many of my “adopted family” when I start cruising again. 

Oops, I misremembered. Not October but the Rotterdam cruise December 22nd.  I saw you were on the roll call. I think I’ve looked at too many things this week!  You have a nice cruise scheduled. It will be nice to see the new ship!

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Afternoon and Happy Canada Day!!

 

My favorite nephew told me this week he will be getting dual citizenship, as his father is Canadian, so it was nice to wish him Happy Canada Day for the very first time.  🇨🇦  🇺🇸

 

Thank you to all contributors here.   It's so nice to see a long Celebrations list!  Big cheer for those celebrating.

 

@grapau27, your day in York looks wonderful.  I really love that place and hope to pop over there while in the UK next year...God willing.

 

@Sharon in AZ, glad you got your cruise arranged to your liking.  October will be here really quickly!   We booked one of the deck 4 cabins with the larger balcony that I've been reading about.  We are trying to get to know the Pinnacle class ships better.  Most of our time has been spent on Vistas and Signature ships, which are favorites.

 

Have a lovely day, All.  Sending prayers for those who are experiencing challenges.  

Maxine

 

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

 

@Sharon in AZ, glad you got your cruise arranged to your liking.  October will be here really quickly!   We booked one of the deck 4 cabins with the larger balcony that I've been reading about.  We are trying to get to know the Pinnacle class ships better.  Most of our time has been spent on Vistas and Signature ships, which are favorites.

Thank you!  One of the nice things about changing to this sailing is that there were Aft Vistas available so I grabbed that right away. We are on deck 7.  This is our first time on a Pinnacle Class also.  Closer to the cruise we will have to set a time to say hi. 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks Rich for the headline!  Although this year it is with a heavy heart,  more unmarked graves were discovered in a third location yesterday.  But hopefully we will come together to get through this difficult time.  
 

I will most definitely celebrate creative ice cream,  love the ones in Italy in particular.  But we have a very good local shop that makes rhubarb rosemary, goat milk sea salt, apricot lavender honey, Lambrusco sangria…..  

 

@1ANGELCATI’ve had that spruce tips in Anchorage,  and enjoyed it. Also tried birch bark. 
@smitty34877you would have been most welcome!   It was a milestone for DH as well, he is now older than his father and grandfather!  Buy your DD is correct, beats the alternative! 
 

some photos of our community parade
 

 

092DE7A7-FAE6-4EF8-B180-7352AB420B24.jpeg

9CD360DD-A030-45D7-AB65-322771858C88.jpeg

068A2352-5556-4FD3-AA0E-80F816B458E3.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

At 14 she may not be around for my next cruise. I’m not sure which cruise is in Oct but my next cruise will be on the Rotterdam from Dec 1 until Jan 9. I do hope she gets to travel one more time but only time will tell. I hope to meet many of my “adopted family” when I start cruising again. 

We will be on the Rotterdam on January 2. We may get to meet. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love York too!  
thought I would post some Japanese ice cream, wisteria flavoured.  Tasted a bit like lavender but more subtle.   I find anything lavender needs a light touch!  

3EB24458-BB66-4F45-B991-C592E59AF9EE.jpeg

  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Not HAL but I read John Heald from Carnival could not fly into the us from UK. Whole plane full was not permitted to enter. 

Did they say why? The variant? 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good afternoon everyone. Happy Canada day. Sorry, I just don’t have time to read everything today. The rehab place is making us jump through hoops while we try to find a sub acute facility that has beds available. Yesterday, they intimidated my daughter Lori and me and lied to both of us about Medicare and it’s determination that he has to leave tomorrow and if no beds available they will just send him home. Thankfully, my son knows all the ropes and my daughter is a low key attorney. We are trying to appeal their decision to throw him out tomorrow. Our first choice facility has no beds available and this has been a nightmare.

 

Carol

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  Happy Canada Day.  One year we were in Charlottetown for the holiday.  We got little flags as we disembarked.  It was a wonderful sunny day.  We wound up getting a new microwave.  Ordered it yesterday morning and the installer just left.  It looks nice and is also a convection oven so that will require detailed reading of the manual.  Bags are packed and we will head to PA for the holiday weekend.

  • Like 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Yes, the India variant. And he was vaccinated. 

I think that’s been the issue, we had 10 fully vaccinated people contract the delta variant at the hospital here.  So you can pass this one on.

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

For the garden club, the peonies are great!  But my peppers don’t seem to be growing.  Wondering if they are struggling with the peat pots?  

531AE316-3AC0-4FF2-846E-C04D571577F0.jpeg

5CF5B84E-4B24-46A5-8AB5-F40A71AB6048.jpeg

AA9DB426-65FC-4ADD-A1D8-E7513ADEB29E.jpeg

 

Very pretty peonies.

Chilies are struggling or just slow? I find the first couple of weeks nothing seems to happen and then they take off. Or are you talking about sweet peppers.  

If you are talking about your chilies - I left mine in the little peat pot things (took them out of the other peat containers) and they seem to be doing ok except for some I planted behind the cosmos like an idiot.  

I’ll post a pic tomorrow so you can compare.  Mine aren’t really tall yet but they are definitely progressing.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  Happy Canada Day.  One year we were in Charlottetown for the holiday.  We got little flags as we disembarked.  It was a wonderful sunny day.  We wound up getting a new microwave.  Ordered it yesterday morning and the installer just left.  It looks nice and is also a convection oven so that will require detailed reading of the manual.  Bags are packed and we will head to PA for the holiday weekend.

 

Congrats on the new microwave!  Good plan to get the combination 👍 

 

Have a great trip, safe travels and a wonderful holiday weekend.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...