Not a cruise, but DW did book a vacation for us and there might be some time on water

So we are going to Boston and Cape Cod for a few days. There are various boat rides including a ferry to Cape Cod. There also seems to be some available boat rides around Boston. DW was in Cape Cod once before with our son and took a whale watching ride, but I have a feeling we won't do that as she said she got seasick.

(We have never really been in Boston except for using it as an embarkation port for a Boston to Montreal cruise. We did stay a few days in Montreal afterwards.)

No need to worry about sea sickness - meander into the Boston Public Gardens and take a Swan Boat ride. It's a short, nostalgic ride around the lagoon where you can see various ducks and turtles. 

There are dinner "cruises" around Boston harbor, plus the harbor boat [not sure its current schedule], to go around the inner  harbor islands. Of course there is the duck tour, too.  IMO the best whale watching trip in Hawaii - the ones I've done out of Boston and northern 'burbs were quite rough. When on the Cape, you can ferry over to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket to spend the day. 

Darcy

If you take the ferry to Provincetown, I can recommend

• The Dolphin Fleet whale watch cruise [did that last September]
  • Lunch at the Canteen [counter service; tables and bar behind the building on the 'town beach' side]
  • Shopping for odd stuff in Marine Specialties [its a surplus store - I once bought a nice leather jacket 'by the pound' - cost $8 ]

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

• Lunch at the Canteen [counter service; tables and bar behind the building on the 'town beach' side]
  • Shopping for odd stuff in Marine Specialties [its a surplus store - I once bought a nice leather jacket 'by the pound' - cost $8 ]

I am pretty sure we will be taking that ferry to Provincetown.

17 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

YES - that Marine Specialties store was a destination for a drizzly day once every summer during our annual weeks at a bay side cottage in Truro.    I got a set of French Foreign Legion uniform buttons which I still have on my blazer (the third one with those buttons).

Also saw my favorite bit of graffiti on a men’s room wall in a waterfront restaurant :   “An insomniac,  agnostic dyslexic— someone who lies awake all night wondering if there is a dog”.