Jump to content

Move up/ penthouse/ concierge/ luggage tags?


Recommended Posts

We just got a email that our move up bid was accepted and we are now in penthouse suede on Edge leaving this Saturday,  so we do not have luggage tags, how is this handled? Also any chance we can move our checkin time? What is phone number of concierge? Thanks 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations!  Be sure to document your experience in the Move-up Thread if you are willing.  That will help others understand the bidding process and results.

 

As far as luggage tags, they will be provided to you at check-in since you won't have them, not sure anyone but Celebrity can give you accurate info about check-in time, but from recent posts it seems the higher the suite the more flexibility provided to people when they show up.  Hopefully someone has a number to provide you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@George C hope you got it  I don't want to leave it posted.  Thanks for posting your experience on the move up offer thread.  We're hoping to move up on our October cruise, currently in a RS for this one.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Congratulations!  Be sure to document your experience in the Move-up Thread if you are willing.  That will help others understand the bidding process and results.

 

As far as luggage tags, they will be provided to you at check-in since you won't have them, not sure anyone but Celebrity can give you accurate info about check-in time, but from recent posts it seems the higher the suite the more flexibility provided to people when they show up.  Hopefully someone has a number to provide you.

I did update the move up thread 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, George C said:

We just got a email that our move up bid was accepted and we are now in penthouse suede on Edge leaving this Saturday,  so we do not have luggage tags, how is this handled? Also any chance we can move our checkin time? What is phone number of concierge? Thanks 

Don't worry.    In the upper suites they have (or use to have) a special Upper  Suite desk with a concierge to take care of all that for you.    When you reprint your Ticket Package self printed tags should also update with your Penthouse tags.      I print these and use a plastic Cruise Tag holder I got on Amazon.     Been using them for years.

 

They also have a shore side concierge contact you with your preferences to pre-stock you suite with the drinks of your choice and specialty dining reservations.     They will provide you with directions on finding the special check in person curbside

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the PH you should have the "Special Delivery" luggage drop off at the terminal and they can handle it for you there.  If the concierge didn't explain where to find this call them back to confirm they are doing it on this sailing.   Congrats on the upgrade and see you onboard Saturday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't worry.    In the upper suites they have (or use to have) a special Upper  Suite desk with a concierge to take care of all that for you.    When you reprint your Ticket Package self printed tags should also update with your Penthouse tags.      I print these and use a plastic Cruise Tag holder I got on Amazon.     Been using them for years.

 

They also have a shore side concierge contact you with your preferences to pre-stock you suite with the drinks of your choice and specialty dining reservations.     They will provide you with directions on finding the special check in person curbside

Thanks we are somewhat used to the perks , we did a royal suite just before the world went crazy last February on Infinity. Can’t wait to try the edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

In the PH you should have the "Special Delivery" luggage drop off at the terminal and they can handle it for you there.  If the concierge didn't explain where to find this call them back to confirm they are doing it on this sailing.   Congrats on the upgrade and see you onboard Saturday.

Good advise -  the shore side concierge sent me an email that also included a map and picture of what to look like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, George C said:

We just got a email that our move up bid was accepted and we are now in penthouse suede on Edge leaving this Saturday,  so we do not have luggage tags, how is this handled? Also any chance we can move our checkin time? What is phone number of concierge? Thanks 

Not trying to hijack this thread, BUT I will be sailing for the first time with X this fall. We have a suite booked and I noticed on X's website it states there is a precruise retreat concierge. Can anyone give me ideas on what they can help me out with? TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got this from concierge, 

 

We also offer a luggage program exclusively for our Iconic Suite, Penthouse Suite, Edge Villa and Royal Suite guests! The goal of this program is to ensure all your travel belongings are in your suite as soon as possible. Once you arrive at Terminal 25 and drop your luggage off at the "Priority, Exclusive Curbside Drop-off” location, make your way through the terminal and into the private elevator, which will lead you right to our VIP lounge. From there, you will be able to board the beautiful Celebrity Edge! I have attached the dash sign which you will want to make sure is placed on the dashboard in the car you are arriving by. This will help our staff identify that you are traveling in one of our top Suites and ensure you will have a smooth boarding experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, qoap24 said:

Not trying to hijack this thread, BUT I will be sailing for the first time with X this fall. We have a suite booked and I noticed on X's website it states there is a precruise retreat concierge. Can anyone give me ideas on what they can help me out with? TIA

Thee is a pre-cruise Concierge sometimes referred to as a Shoreshide Concierge. 

Different services are available according to the level of suite you are traveling in.    The RS and above get unlimited specialty dining and a prestocked bar with 2 liters of booze of your choice.   They arrange that and any reservations.

 

Other suites you can request Pillow Choices, special needs like extension cords,  Specialty Restaurant Reservations (at a fee). Notification of special occasion.    I've given up on requests as about 50% of the time the Butler never  revive the request and I just tell him what I want and it is taken care of.   The main advantage is the phone number they send usually don't have any wait time.    They can help you with virtually anything you want to arrange in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you receive and respond to the e-mail 2 pieces of advise.

1) follow up with a phone call. There have been times when our e-mail reply has not gotten through.

 

2) take a copy of the email with you in case of a mix up. Once they insisted we said no alcohol needed when we had requested 2 bottles of tattinger champagne.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thee is a pre-cruise Concierge sometimes referred to as a Shoreshide Concierge. 

Different services are available according to the level of suite you are traveling in.    The RS and above get unlimited specialty dining and a prestocked bar with 2 liters of booze of your choice.   They arrange that and any reservations.

 

Other suites you can request Pillow Choices, special needs like extension cords,  Specialty Restaurant Reservations (at a fee). Notification of special occasion.    I've given up on requests as about 50% of the time the Butler never  revive the request and I just tell him what I want and it is taken care of.   The main advantage is the phone number they send usually don't have any wait time.    They can help you with virtually anything you want to arrange in advance.

Thank you for the information. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

If you receive and respond to the e-mail 2 pieces of advise.

1) follow up with a phone call. There have been times when our e-mail reply has not gotten through.

 

2) take a copy of the email with you in case of a mix up. Once they insisted we said no alcohol needed when we had requested 2 bottles of tattinger champagne.

 

thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

If you receive and respond to the e-mail 2 pieces of advise.

1) follow up with a phone call. There have been times when our e-mail reply has not gotten through.

 

2) take a copy of the email with you in case of a mix up. Once they insisted we said no alcohol needed when we had requested 2 bottles of tattinger champagne.

 

There was a mix up on our last cruise for bottles we requested but concierge on ship had no problem correct them , he also offered scotch that wasn’t included in listing McAllens . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats and thank you for posting here and in the move-up tracker. We did an Edge Villa after winning a moveup bid back in 2019 and it was fabulous. Coincidentally, our last cruise was also on the Infinity in a Royal Suite. Here's hoping your trip is fantastic as ours was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...