The Daily for Friday Jul 02, 2021

richwmn

10 hours ago, wandb said:

Thank you Rich and Roy for the Daily Report and for the care lists—-and a big Thank You to all who pray for those in need. I do have an update on my sister. 

There is no cure for ovarian cancer, and her twin sister died of this terrible disease 8 years ago. So the outlook was pretty bleak as she went into the very agressive chemo treatments. (Each was a combination of 5 very powerful drugs).

We are ecstatic at the results of her CAT scan—-as are her Drs at M D Anderson!!

She was Stage 4 when diagnosed, with tumors everywhere. The Cat scan shows that all have disappeared except for 3 tiny spots that have shrunk to almost nothing!!  Rather than facing major invasive surgery, she is now scheduled for laparoscopy with three tiny incisions to remove those spots. 

We are so grateful for all of you who have prayed!!  We know we are seeing a miracle. 
Barb

Such wonderful news!  Just to encourage you, my dear aunt also a twin,  had ovarian cancer many years ago followed by cobalt treatments,   She is now 92 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

No.  There were originally suppose to be Pax starting this weekend but some of the crew got covid before vaccine immunity started and they delayed service for a month.

Roy

Very unfortunate!  I'd like to see success for these early cruises.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Did you notice the officer and crew on the dive board looked like they were not wearing life  jackets ?

No I didn't but I expect they were teathered.

Roy

• Like 2

Our rain finally got here with a lot of thunder and lightning.  We got 1/2 inch of rain, enough to turn the sprinkler off.  We may get more rain tomorrow. 🤞

Talk about Forgot Day, I forgot to mention that I really like the Phyllis Diller quote.

@kazu Just another suggestion about getting an air fryer.  Pick the one you like and don't read the reviews.  If I'd paid attention to the reviews, I still wouldn't have an air fryer. All reviews seen to bring out the people who never like anything, and it is even more so with the air fryers.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Our rain finally got here with a lot of thunder and lightning.  We got 1/2 inch of rain, enough to turn the sprinkler off.  We may get more rain tomorrow. 🤞

@kazu. Just another suggestion about getting an air fryer.  Pick the one you like and don't read the reviews.  If I'd paid attention to the reviews, I still wouldn't have an air fryer. All reviews seen to bring out the people who never like anything, and it is even more so with the air fryers.

Lenda 

LOL - sort of like reading cruise critic reviews on ships 😂. Had I listened to them, I would have never sailed on the Prinsendam.  You have to take some reviews with a grain of salt 😉. Some people are never happy with anything no matter how good it is 😉 lol 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL - sort of like reading cruise critic reviews on ships 😂. Had I listened to them, I would have never sailed on the Prinsendam.  You have to take some reviews with a grain of salt 😉. Some people are never happy with anything no matter how good it is 😉 lol 

So true.

• Like 3

Well I really ended up celebrating "Forgot Day".  During the day I forgot where I put my phone (finally found that, just as I was about to ask DH to call me so I could hear it ring), and then my sunglasses were missing all afternoon and evening.  Finally found those outside in the last place I would have looked.  I vaguely remember setting them down in the yard. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good Evening Everyone!

It is a fun collection of days.  "I forgot" we here almost ever day from the Grands, when we asked them about school!  Though the 4 year old will tell us they wore their masks, played outside and hand sanitized!. 

We sometimes have UFO's here for dinner, they are the "unidentified frozen objects"  that I find in the freezer that I was going to remember and didn't write on the package, so when it thaws then I decide what to make out of it!  We have had some good laughs over the UFO's!

Things are getting back to normal, our clients get to start returning next week (smaller numbers, social distance etc)  They are so excited and it will be nice for their caretakers and family members to have a break from caretaking duties for a few hours each day while they are with us.

We only reached 97 degrees today, it felt so much cooler then 114!

Stay safe and enjoy the weekend.!

Denise

• Like 7

Just now catching up.

The news from Surfside is heartbreaking. It’s bad enough to find remains of one not personally known.

18 hours ago, kochleffel said:

We're having a lull in the rain and I had the idea to plant some bush beans. Then it occurred to me that one variety is supposed to be ready for harvest in seven weeks and the other in eight, which would mean that they could ripen while I'm in Alaska. A couple of years ago a crop of peas ripened while I was on a Baltic cruise and I'm trying to keep that from happening again. So the eight-week variety will go in first, and the seven two or three weeks later, but before I leave.

There is plenty of other work to do in the garden, but once I've gotten hold of an idea it is hard to let go of it.

Regarding @kochleffel’s remarks, how do you all track your plantings? I started using my calendar, recording the date planted and expected dates for appearance, and my calendar is getting very full. Any ideas?

@bennybear I LOVE that fountain 

20DA2341-3C21-481E-B63B-E79887407C40.thumb.jpeg.3051151243426ff096e74e9af64be6f8.jpeg

• Like 4