Our Adventure on the Adventure - Live from Adventure of the Seas, July 3, 2021

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This could certainly depend on bartender- the reports so far have only been anecdotal, I don't recall anyone showing the official policy posted anywhere yet.

I guess it’s possible the beach club bartenders are more lenient.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

A couple of years ago we tricked my mom into trying the escargot without telling her what they were. My kid was laughing the entire time my poor mom was trying to guess what she was eating. Mom is not an adventurous eater at all :), but she was a good sport about it.  We still joke about the snails - when we see on in the woods, we say - oh, there's escargot a la bourguignonne!

Off-topic: when my son was a teenager, he was notorious for eating ALL the leftovers in the fridge.  Your name on it?  Pfffft....fair game.  I had pasta with escargot one evening, and the serving was too much for me.  So, I got a takeout container.  My husband and I looked at each other, and I said, "we won't tell him".  

Sure enough he ate it all late that evening, and we had a secret giggle over it.  Later the next day he flopped down in the living room and said, "Mom, that was REALLY chewy mushrooms in that pasta".  We about died laughing, and the look on his face when he was told, "No, son, you were eating SNAILS!!".  (He loves escargot now.)

Edited by pcur
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This could certainly depend on bartender- the reports so far have only been anecdotal, I don't recall anyone showing the official policy posted anywhere yet.

I have it in an email from Royal. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Which part? Departing the US or arriving in Nassau?

Nassau.  How smooth was the process both when you arrived and departed?  How was the customs to come back?  That kind of thing.  Thanks.  We plan to let Royal take our bags at the airport when we arrive.  

How did everything go at the check in at the Hilton?  Was leaving the ship the last day an easy process?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

As for the kid, several years ago we implemented a fun rule for cruising - he can eat whatever he wants for breakfast and lunch (even if it's nothing but cookies and soft serve, lol), but he has to eat what I order for him for dinner. Of course, I'd never order something he wouldn't touch, but at least he gets to try different things "because you never know what you are going to like if you don't try it."

We had the "at least eat some before declaring you don’t like it" rule for our kids too.  The one thing I never made them eat was lobster.  My thought was if at a young age they liked it as much as I do,  they would be asking for it a bunch!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Nassau.  How smooth was the process both when you arrived and departed?  How was the customs to come back?  That kind of thing.  Thanks.  We plan to let Royal take our bags at the airport when we arrive.  

How did everything go at the check in at the Hilton?  Was leaving the ship the last day an easy process?

Thanks

They are still onboard but would ike, to hear about arrival in Nassau we arrive day of and having to pick a checkin time was hard.

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had the "at least eat some before declaring you don’t like it" rule for our kids too.  The one thing I never made them eat was lobster.  My thought was if at a young age they liked it as much as I do,  they would be asking for it a bunch!  

OMG so true my teenager was asking for lobster for her birthday dinner at quite a young age.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

OMG so true my teenager was asking for lobster for her birthday dinner at quite a young age.

mine's only 10, but he is a bit selective about texture, like his Dad, and he doesn't even like shrimp (I am crazy about shrimp), so I think lobsters are quite safe at this time. 🙂 So are the snails. 🙂

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

It’s been a beautiful day. We rode all the rides in Thrill island by 10. Enjoyed crispy sandwiches with Motz sticks and headed of Oasis Lagoon. I took a glorious so in the shade. Now I’m odd to find my people. Hopefully this dark cloud decides to go be angry somewhere else. 

B63E2030-F55D-4A12-8F66-172DA8213E29.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

They are still onboard but would like, to hear about arrival in Nassau we arrive day of and having to pick a check in time was hard.

We are arriving the day of also.  We get in at11:42 and chose 12:30 to 1:00.  Hopefully that will work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We are arriving the day of also.  We get in at11:42 and chose 12:30 to 1:00.  Hopefully that will work.

Yeah we have a 1:24 arrival and a 2:30 - 3 check in.  I believe we are the week before you on the 7th...

• Like 1

If you can please check out prices for bottles or cans of water. Usually we were able to get from bars or lounge for free as Diamond Plus but now with drink vouchers hate to use vouchers for water. In my CP Dasani 24 pack 17 oz comes to $20.06 which includes 18% gratuity. Don’t drink tap water. 

5 hours ago, patty29 said:

Do Grand Suites guests get internet? I didn't see it listed in the letter from the conceirge.  GS did in the past.  We're in a GS on AOS B2B weeks of August 28 and September 4.  Thanks!

I think someone else answered this and I mentioned it in a previous post because I was a little frustrated that internet was not included. I had read on the website that surf and stream internet was included for each person in the suite for Grand Suite and above, I did not see anything about specific ships, but oh well.  

6 hours ago, patty29 said:

Do Grand Suites guests get internet? I didn't see it listed in the letter from the conceirge.  GS did in the past.  We're in a GS on AOS B2B weeks of August 28 and September 4.  Thanks!

Not on Adventure. Sky/Star Class suites get it on Oasis/Quantum class ships.

3 hours ago, karena1 said:

Thanks

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

Yeah we have a 1:24 arrival and a 2:30 - 3 check in.  I believe we are the week before you on the 7th...

We are still on the ship, day 3. Arrival was a breeze. We parked at the very last gate so we had a very long walk to the customs hall. Once we finally got tho the customs hall there were 2 queues. Doesn’t matter which side you choose. Each side had 8 customs lanes open. We had our passports out with the visa and customs form tucked into the the photo page ao they were ready to go. About 15 minutes in the line and another 5 for the customs agent to process our documents. From there we headed down the escalator to collect our luggage and onto the second half of customs where they asked if we had anything to declare, no…ok, have a great day. Easy peasy. We arrived the day before so we couldn’t drop off our bags for Royal to take. We grabbed a taxi for $47 dollars to the Hilton. We hit a bunch of traffic on the way to the hotel because one of their retired police sergeants had passed away and there was a large funeral procession for him. An hour and 10 minutes after we were wheels down on the runway we were unloading our bags at the hotel. That process was so smooth. 

Check-in at the hotel was also smooth as could be. If you didn’t check your bags with Royal at the airport you drop them off near the concierge desk at the hotel and head up the grand staircase (or take the elevator) to the second floor. A quick trip down the hall where they checked 3 times that we had our documents out and ready to go. 

-passports

-health visas

-negative tests

-temp sea pass cards

-antigen test QR code for anyone in vaccinated 

If anyone in your party needs an antigen test you go to the right, if not you go to the left. 

**if no one in your party needs an antigen test you can skip this paragraph. We had to go to the right for the antigen test for the boys only. Several days before the cruise everyone on the ship was sent a unique identifier to register for the antigen test. If you were vaccinated you could just ignore it. We were required to register the boys but my oldest son’s unique identifier wouldn’t work. In true RCI fashion the first person we talked to said if we didn’t have the QR code we couldn’t sail, and there was nothing they could do to help me resolve the issue. Many, MANY phone calls later and email to Mr. Fain’s office and we were told they would take care of it at check-in, which they did. We showed up and they took the info for his passport, scanned the little ones QR code did the test and told us about 30 minutes until we would have results. 

**no antigen required, resume reading here. After the boys had their noses swabbed again we headed to the room on the left. We waited about 30 seconds for a rep to be ready for us. They checked us in, took pictures of all of our documents and new pictures of us since when I signed us in on the app our pictures were either sideways or upside down. Supper quick process. 

If you no one in your party required an an antigen test you were given a big blue sticker and you headed back downstairs to the bus to take you to the port. 

If you were waiting on test results they had chairs on the far side of the room for everyone to wait. At this point we had about 20 nerve wracking minutes to wait. At 12:02pm we received the results from the little guy. I also realized we didn’t give them an email address for my oldest who didn’t have a QR code so about 5 minutes later I went and asked. His results were in, and obviously negative as well. We got our stickers, headed downstairs, boarded a bus and headed for the port. 

Our 30 minuite check-in window was 12:00-12:30 but because we are suite guests we could check in up to 1 hour before or after as long as they were open. We headed down from our hotel room at 11 and checked our bags but actual check in was not open so we just waited a bit. We headed upstairs at 11:30 to begin check in at 11:30. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Our 30 minuite check-in window was 12:00-12:30 but because we are suite guests we could check in up to 1 hour before or after as long as they were open. We headed down from our hotel room at 11 and checked our bags but actual check in was not open so we just waited a bit. We headed upstairs at 11:30 to begin check in at 11:30

Thank you for this info! We are in a 2bd Grand Suite July 17 so this is very helpful. 🙏

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice app. I wish there was a easy way to get your phone shadow out of the shot.

Yeah, sometimes room lighting just doesn't help. The flash often is enough to get past it, but on some things where the printing or paper is too shiny, you end up with other problems because of it. I've sometimes resorted to putting it on the floor, under a table. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wreckem2013 said:

I know someone on a previous cruise said they didn’t allow you to use Diamond free drinks on CoCo Cay. Maybe someone corrected that in another thread, I don’t know, but they most certainly do allow you to redeem you free drinks for Diamond on up.

That was on the first sailing on 6/12 where there was some sort of technical reason they couldn't, though some bartenders apparently did it manually or by just not ringing it up. Anyway, it's now OK and works properly on the island.