Jump to content

Baltimore Cruises


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Any thoughts or information on when cruises  out of Baltimore will resume? We are scheduled on a September 4, 2021 cruise to Bermuda and haven’t heard a thing. Thank you!

Edited by Mama Cat
.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Our TA's website is showing September 4 as the first RC cruise out of Baltimore.  Is your booking still showing up on RC?  Things should be running smoothly be then, I would think.  I hope!

Carnival is scheduled to start sailing out of Baltimore on September 5.

Edited by shipgeeks
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thx shipgeeks.  Yes, our cruise is still showing, but several others have shown right before being cancelled. It’s encouraging to know that Carnival plans on sailing the next day! I do worry that the following RC cruise is a Canadian cruise…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mama Cat said:

I do worry that the following RC cruise is a Canadian cruise…..

 

The passengers on the Canada itinerary may find themselves heading south instead of north! That is not especially rare on the east coast: a hurricane may turn a Bermuda or Bahamas cruise into a New England and Canada cruise, or a New England-Canada cruise may turn into one along the southeast coast. This is distressing to those who had their hearts set on a particular destination or who didn't have clothing for travel in the opposite direction.

 

I haven't heard whether the waiver of the foreign-port requirement that was granted for Alaska cruises this year also applies for New England-Canada itineraries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mama Cat said:

Any thoughts or information on when cruises  out of Baltimore will resume? We are scheduled on a September 4, 2021 cruise to Bermuda and haven’t heard a thing. Thank you!

 

We are considering booking the Sept. 4 sailing, but are hesitant because we don't have confidence it will actually happen.  I assume final payment would be due upon booking.  If RC cancels the cruise, would we get 125% in FCC?  And if so, can that be applied to an existing reservation?  We are scheduled to sail on Odyssey Feb 2022.  That alone could be an incentive...  I'm just not sure if that is true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, derorim said:

  I assume final payment would be due upon booking.  If RC cancels the cruise, would we get 125% in FCC?  And if so, can that be applied to an existing reservation?  We are scheduled to sail on Odyssey Feb 2022.  That alone could be an incentive...  I'm just not sure if that is true.

You are correct on all counts based on previous cancellations

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a peep on baltimore sailings yet.  Just last they announced Oasis will do test cruises out of cape liberty last week of august with sailings to start in september.  

Hopefully you hear something soon on Baltimore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

 

The passengers on the Canada itinerary may find themselves heading south instead of north! That is not especially rare on the east coast: a hurricane may turn a Bermuda or Bahamas cruise into a New England and Canada cruise, or a New England-Canada cruise may turn into one along the southeast coast. This is distressing to those who had their hearts set on a particular destination or who didn't have clothing for travel in the opposite direction.

 

I haven't heard whether the waiver of the foreign-port requirement that was granted for Alaska cruises this year also applies for New England-Canada itineraries.


The waiver for Alaska cruises only applied to specific ships sailing to Alaska. Unfortunately no provision was made for the East Coast cruises that stop in Canada. 

 

We cruised to Canada/New England on Anthem in Sept 2019. I think the cruise following ours was supposed to go South & ended up going north at the last minute due to storms. I remember comments about people scrambling at the last minute to pack different clothes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not a peep on baltimore sailings yet.  Just last they announced Oasis will do test cruises out of cape liberty last week of august with sailings to start in september.  

Hopefully you hear something soon on Baltimore.

Yes on the Oasis test cruises beginning 8/22-8/28

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bermuda currently has strict rules to enter their island with testing and their health visa.

I read that Viking cruises sailing out of bermuda had 2 test positive on their sailing in the last week or so and bermuda required those 2  passengers be removed from ship and sent to a hotel to quarantine for 14 days at their own expense.   It is very expensive to stay in bermuda in the summer months.  

This may impact baltimore sailings to bermuda.   

Hopefully not for everyone booked this fall.   We love bermuda and we very sad when our b2b for august on vision was cancelled.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This thread, reading the article, seems to say that Royal Caribbean is already not considering cruising to Bermuda anytime in the near future.

 

From the article June 15:

RCI’s Freedom of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas were scheduled to make 21 visits each to Bermuda from July to October.

But RCI confirmed last week that the itinerary had been cancelled.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 4:35 PM, twins_to_alaska said:

I've got from Baltimore Sep 18 cruise booked (a lift and shift from last year). I think there's less than 10% chance it will go, sadly.

Well, it was cancelled today. I was expecting it. I requested a full refund via the email cancellation letter link right away. Says 30-45 days. In good news I've got my sister visiting later in September and we're going off to Ocean City for 2 nights when she's here. Looking forward to that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just looked at our TA's website, starting with September dates.  The first Enchantment cruise is showing as December 23.

Too bad.  I think they are missing out on a good opportunity to do cruises for vaccinated adults only, in a market that usually sails with few or no children anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 8:53 PM, twins_to_alaska said:

we're going off to Ocean City for 2 nights when she's here. Looking forward to that.

 

YUCK

 

😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not Bermuda but the water end of September is still warm enough for swimming for me and not crowded that time of year. If we're lucky we'll see dolphins... and then there's Thrashers which tastes best with sea air.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They sent notice of cancellation about 35 days before cruise to NE and Canada. Since this was a rebooked voucher cruise for us we have to wait until they decide to tell us what our further options are. Hopefully we will have at least some choices for next year from Bmore.I tried calling but after hold for over 3 hours (while i read a book) i was disconnected. Next 3 calls i only held for 2 hours before i gave up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...