Diamond Drink Vouchers

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

1. Do the vouchers work the same way as the drink package in that if your drink is over $13 do you pay the difference plus gratuity

I just read on another thread that you will pay the overage of the cost but the gratuity is 18% of the TOTAL price if the drink….so if you purchase a $14 drink you will pay $1 plus 18% of $14.  This was on Aventure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I just read on another thread that you will pay the overage of the cost but the gratuity is 18% of the TOTAL price if the drink….so if you purchase a $14 drink you will pay $1 plus 18% of $14.  This was on Aventure.

you would think the gratuity would be on the charged difference as one would assume they would eat the 18% on the first 14.00.  the gratuity is much more than the cost of the drink.   fortunately, most of the drinks are under 14.00

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, island lady said:

Same with me.  Seems hit and miss if they give a "zero" receipt.  I finally gave up and simply carry ones around with me to tip in cash in all instances.  They brighten up immediately, as they do appreciate it.  Too many simply don't tip at all with the drink packages and vouchers.  😞 

i tip $1 per drink and a bonus to any bartenders at the end who made my trip more enjoyable.  i would not tip extra though on a $60 a day plus 18% gratuity drink package.

Edited by ericfromri
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, jshli said:

Is the 12 bottle water allowance per person or per cabin?

It's per cabin, but if you can walk through at different times/lines at security it can become per person -like with the wine bottles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

2.  Has an updated, 2021, drink price list been posted?  I have ones from pre-COVID sailings but cannot recall seeing prices for 2021. 

Thank you in advance for your responses.

There is not a standard drink price list. It varies from ship to ship, sailing to sailing, and sometimes even bar to bar on the same ship.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ericfromri said:

i tip $1 per drink and a bonus to any bartenders at the end who made my trip more enjoyable.  i would not tip extra though on a $60 a day plus 18% gratuity drink package.

I carry both $1.00 and $2.00 bills.  If a waiter goes out of their way or does anything extra, I'll tip with the $2.00 bill, otherwise it's $1.00.  Alternatively, if I know I am going to have a couple of drinks at somewhere like the Schooner Bar for an hour or so I may end up putting $10.00 on the bar, to cover both my wife and I.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ericfromri said:

Exactly what I do.   🙂  But I have never done the drink package.  Have no need for it.  

• Like 1

Looking forward to having a nicer glass of wine than on the old standard diamond list. 

Though I don't normally drink during the day it will be great to be able to use a voucher in late night dinning or during a late show . No more trying to get in a drink before the HH cut off point 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, davekathy said:

Pat your post is spot on and for sharing info for those requesting how to bring water on, on embarkation day.  👍Not how to get away with smuggling more. Thanks. 

Give an inch, take a mile. 🙄

Wasn’t it you that said you get a bottle of water to go from the lounge when technically it isn’t allowed? You can’t have it both ways. I also wouldn’t call it smuggling. Smuggling is when you are hiding stuff to get away with it. 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2021 at 12:35 PM, island lady said:

When I would think about it, which was not often enough, I would ask bartender in SL for a bottle or two before we left.  But I always added a couple of bucks tip for them.   

Don’t the same “rules” apply to the suite lounge that you aren’t supposed to take drinks out of the lounge? Have you ever stayed in a non-suite cabin and took water from the diamond lounge?

On 7/6/2021 at 12:11 PM, island lady said:

You were lucky.  I have seen them refused.  It is still a rule to take on just the allowed 12 bottles.  I am a guest on their ship...I follow their house rules.  

It wasn't that long ago that RCI finally let us take the water on at all...I don't want to see that go away.  

You can’t pick and chose which rules you want to follow and then call someone else out for not following the rules where you disagree.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Don’t the same “rules” apply to the suite lounge that you aren’t supposed to take drinks out of the lounge? Have you ever stayed in a non-suite cabin and took water from the diamond lounge?

You can’t pick and chose which rules you want to follow and then call someone else out for not following the rules where you disagree.

Guess I am not the only one that can't sleep tonight.  😉  

Since you are suddenly so adamantly interested in my (and Dave's) quite some time ago previous posts as to following the rules...this is the bottom line here.  Hope this clears it up for you in my case.  

RCI rules state 12 bottles of water are allowed to be taken on the ship during embarkation day.  That is a rule I follow.  

As to taking a bottle or two occasionally out of the SL on Oasis or Harmony in the SL...it was not my idea to take a  bottle out. It was the bartender who asked me if I would like a bottle to take back to my cabin...surprised he offered...I accepted and tipped him a dollar each.   Then, when I would think about it later...I would do it again during that cruise, which was not very often.  

As to not taking drinks out of the lounge...I think they are talking about alcohol drinks.  Many do that, but I don't have any need or desire to do so.  After all... I can pick up a drink for free at any bar outside of the lounge anyway.  

And to your other question about staying in a non suite lounge and taking water out of the DL....No...have never done that.  I sail in suites.  

Does this help you?

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Guess I am not the only one that can't sleep tonight.  😉  

Since you are suddenly so adamantly interested in my (and Dave's) quite some time ago previous posts as to following the rules...this is the bottom line here.  Hope this clears it up for you in my case.  

RCI rules state 12 bottles of water are allowed to be taken on the ship during embarkation day.  That is a rule I follow.  

As to taking a bottle or two occasionally out of the SL on Oasis or Harmony in the SL...it was not my idea to take a  bottle out. It was the bartender who asked me if I would like a bottle to take back to my cabin...surprised he offered...I accepted and tipped him a dollar each.   Then, when I would think about it later...I would do it again during that cruise, which was not very often.  

As to not taking drinks out of the lounge...I think they are talking about alcohol drinks.  Many do that, but I don't have any need or desire to do so.  After all... I can pick up a drink for free at any bar outside of the lounge anyway.  

And to your other question about staying in a non suite lounge and taking water out of the DL....No...have never done that.  I sail in suites.  

Does this help you?

I was catching up on the thread since it was bumped to the first page. To me it doesn’t matter if the bartender gave you one, the fact is you still took it out when they say no drinks are supposed to be taken out. I have never seen anywhere where it differentiates between water, soda or alcohol.

The only reason I became interested is because both of you posted making it sound like he did something horrible when he has done what a ton of other people have done. You can’t honestly say you have been an angel on board and I know Dave hasn’t been. There was just no reason to call him out like that. Hope this clears this up for you.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was catching up on the thread since it was bumped to the first page. To me it doesn’t matter if the bartender gave you one, the fact is you still took it out when they say no drinks are supposed to be taken out. I have never seen anywhere where it differentiates between water, soda or alcohol.

The only reason I became interested is because both of you posted making it sound like he did something horrible when he has done what a ton of other people have done. You can’t honestly say you have been an angel on board and I know Dave hasn’t been. There was just no reason to call him out like that. Hope this clears this up for you.

I was only clearing up the allowance of the 12 bottles of water, and to be aware it could be taken from you, .....and I have seen it done.   I did not feel I was calling him out, or acting like he did something horrible. It wasn't...and figured he was not aware of the allowance.  I was just letting him, and everyone else that may not be aware of the rules, that it is indeed the 12 bottles.  I was very happy when RCI made that allowance some years ago.  

Yes, the bartender in the SL on Oasis suggested I take some water, and since he works for RCI...was I was supposed to remind him of the rules?  No, I graciously accepted and handed him a tip.  

Since you want to continue with this...it's my time for me to ask you some questions. 

You have accused both Dave and I of "you can't pick and choose your rules".   You are telling me I am no angel and calling Dave out for not being one for sure.  But since you don't even know me and have never met me...nice to think you know me better than I do 😉 .   

Since you are beating at us about "picking and choosing your rules" I assume you have never done that and would never think of doing that yourself .....soo.....that puts you into a choice of two camps:

1.  Those that choose to follow the rules

2.  Those that assume rules are not meant for you.  

So...which are you?  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Thanks for the early morning entertainment @island lady and @ReneeFLL😇

You are most welcome.  😊😁

Felt like I was starring in one of those "reality" shows.  😄 

That's what I get for getting up in the middle of the night when Bucky was snoring loudly.  😜

• Haha 1

There have been many times when I have taken drinks out of the lounge.  I've even had the Concierge open the door for me on many an occasion.  This happens primarily on ships with small Concierge lounges that get crowded during happy hour.  I would normally go to the concierge lounge, get a glass of wine for myself and my wife to enjoy while preparing for dinner.  Most of the time there were no open seats in the lounge, 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, davekathy said:

Nope. Four or five or 6 drinks daily, anytime, any where. 

Yep, this is new policy and Diamond is now 4 instead of 3, Diamond Plus 5 instead of 4 etc.  And as above poster said, can be used anywhere on ship now any time which I love cause now you can have a bloody mary at breakfast etc.  But two places you can't use, one as another poster said, bionic bar and trying to remember the other place, but there is a second.  

What I want to know and it is not clear on their site, because it says coupons can be used any bar restaruant, etc. and also in the Diamond Lounge during happy hour, where the rest of bars and restaurants any time.  Used to be that you could use your coupons on your card and also go to Diamond Lounge and have drinks during happy hour and your coupons would not be used while in there.  Looks like from what I am reading that if you do choose to go into the Diamond Lounge, close quarters too! that the drinks you get count toward the coupons.  .  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jackpotter said:

Yep, this is new policy and Diamond is now 4 instead of 3, Diamond Plus 5 instead of 4 etc.  And as above poster said, can be used anywhere on ship now any time which I love cause now you can have a bloody mary at breakfast etc.  But two places you can't use, one as another poster said, bionic bar and trying to remember the other place, but there is a second.  

What I want to know and it is not clear on their site, because it says coupons can be used any bar restaruant, etc. and also in the Diamond Lounge during happy hour, where the rest of bars and restaurants any time.  Used to be that you could use your coupons on your card and also go to Diamond Lounge and have drinks during happy hour and your coupons would not be used while in there.  Looks like from what I am reading that if you do choose to go into the Diamond Lounge, close quarters too! that the drinks you get count toward the coupons.  .  

This is correct. It does not matter where you get the drink. It could be any bar, the Diamond Lounge or the MDR. The drink will be taken from your available vouchers. There are no more unlimited, free drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jackpotter said:

Diamond + is 5 instead of 3 😉

Everyone eligible used to be 3

• Like 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, the bartender in the SL on Oasis suggested I take some water, and since he works for RCI...was I was supposed to remind him of the rules?  No, I graciously accepted and handed him a tip.  

You have accused both Dave and I of "you can't pick and choose your rules".   You are telling me I am no angel and calling Dave out for not being one for sure.  But since you don't even know me and have never met me...nice to think you know me better than I do 😉 .   

Since you are beating at us about "picking and choosing your rules" I assume you have never done that and would never think of doing that yourself .....soo.....that puts you into a choice of two camps:

1.  Those that choose to follow the rules

2.  Those that assume rules are not meant for you.  

So...which are you?  

Now isn't this interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Diamond + is 5 instead of 3 😉

Everyone eligible used to be 3

To correct: It used to be unlimited in the lounge AND an additional 3 on vouchers between the same hours. So going to 5 is a reduction in complimentary drinks for some, although outweighed by the ability to spread them throughout the evening, and to get better quality wines. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

To correct: It used to be unlimited in the lounge AND an additional 3 on vouchers between the same hours. So going to 5 is a reduction in complimentary drinks for some, although outweighed by the ability to spread them throughout the evening, and to get better quality wines. 

You can spread them out all day