Diamond Drink Vouchers

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

This is post covid. We haven't cruised post covid yet. No future plans to sail on the Anthem. I'll wait until we are on our B2B Explorer cruise March 2022.  

Surely isn’t “post COVID” how things work now. What “used to” happen is immaterial in this new norm 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

The Vision F&B manager once enforced it by posting staff at the door 😳

It was a bit awkward to be busted 😁

Yup; there was The Shelf of Shame … full glasses of drinks going to waste because they were not allowed to be taken out! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have been Diamond members for only 2 cruises. On the first one we traveled with our son and daughter-in-law who are also Diamond members. The Diamond Lounge was packed every night, with no place to sit, and we were allowed to take food and beverages out of the lounge. On the second cruise, we traveled with friends that were not Diamond. We were again allowed to take food and beverage out of the lounge so we could relax with our friends in the Viking Crown Lounge.

• Like 3

Really can't believe the back and forth about water?!  The water on the ships are always great.  Taking a bottle out of the DL to me is no big deal but neither is bringing your allowed allotment of bottled water.  Let's just rejoice in being able to cruise again rather than petty squabbles about water.  Everyone relax, and look forward to a great time cruising.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, peggy1 said:

Really can't believe the back and forth about water?!  The water on the ships are always great.  Taking a bottle out of the DL to me is no big deal but neither is bringing your allowed allotment of bottled water.  Let's just rejoice in being able to cruise again rather than petty squabbles about water.  Everyone relax, and look forward to a great time cruising.  

I'm always happy with the free iced water provided in the buffet and cafes. Perfectly OK 

• Like 5

On 7/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, davekathy said:

You know exactly what I was implying!  So we aren't smuggling either. No I said we each get a bottle of water before we leave the DL after having two drinks and a snack each for the evening in the DL.🙄🙄🙄🙄 Did I say if the bottles of water were opened or not while in the DL and then leave?  No way I'm I leaving an unfinished drink in the DL. Technically and totally up to the DL wait staff whether we walk out with a couple bottles of water. Don't assume it doesn't go toward our three CAS HH drinks loaded on our Seapass cards. 

You go Dave....you know I adore your spunk!  Drinks on us...hope to cruise with you soon.  😄  

Listening to some Jazz up here in Maine right now, with a nice glass of wine, and hoping you are not frying too bad up out there.  😮  So sad about that record heat out there.  😞 

22 hours ago, davekathy said:

I've been called worse. 🤣 Apples an oranges comparison.🙄🙄🙄🙄

See you're in good company. I'm the farthest person from being an angle or a goodie two shoes, but I've (we've) never brought anything onboard that wasn't allowed or over the allowed amount. Plus it's not worth the embarrassment or hassle if busted. At least we paid for our DL water. If in the future taking water from the DL counts against our allowed amount of our CAS drinks loaded on our Seapass cards, we won't do it and just buy a couple bottles of water. No biggie. 

🤗

15 hours ago, peggy1 said:

Agree!

Why not discuss the amount of food wasted by those who pile their plates,  take a bite and leave the rest? Then they go back for another plate full.

Yes, seen it many times.

Wonder if they do that at home? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Janet524 said:

I thought I read that the vouchers were good for drinks priced up to $13.  Is this correct, and if I order a drink over $13, do I just pay the difference?

That's the way it's supposed to work. 

On 7/12/2021 at 9:15 AM, DaKahuna said:

There have been many times when I have taken drinks out of the lounge.  I've even had the Concierge open the door for me on many an occasion.  This happens primarily on ships with small Concierge lounges that get crowded during happy hour.  I would normally go to the concierge lounge, get a glass of wine for myself and my wife to enjoy while preparing for dinner.  Most of the time there were no open seats in the lounge, 

Similarly, we have  been offered a glass of wine to take to dinner by the waiters or Concierge when we tell them no to another drink as we are headed to dinner.  After a couple of nights, if we indicated this was our last drink, they would bring them, plus two glasses of wine to take to dinner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, greenleera said:

We will be Diamond level for our cruise next February.  Are the 4  vouchers that are onyour card per cabin or will both myself and my wife each get four vouchers? 

You both will get the 4 CAS drinks loaded on your Seapass cards. All CAS benefits/perks are per CAS member. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, jaygatsby27 said:

I have read some discussion in other places as to whether this voucher system is a permanent change or that it is temporary until covid protocols can be relaxed.  Has anyone seen a definitive answer on this?

Pretty sure M Bayley said permanent 

43 minutes ago, jaygatsby27 said:

I have read some discussion in other places as to whether this voucher system is a permanent change or that it is temporary until covid protocols can be relaxed.  Has anyone seen a definitive answer on this?

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure M Bayley said permanent 

I'm pretty sure John is right.  I remember that as well