Jump to content

Has anyone from Canada booked a Cruise recently?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

If we are able to make it onboard I will post.

We are caught in the mixed vaccines dilemma at the moment.😖

 

That FAQ page on the RCCL website has now been taken down.  I do not know if it is an IT glitch or if they received so much backlash about it and they are rethinking their policy.  Only time will tell.  Canadians who did the "right" thing by mixing vaccines at the urging of our health authorities and government in order to help protect others should not be punished for making this decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 3:44 PM, netpj said:

Since the Canadian Government still has has a level 4 advisory about cruising, namely do not cruise, is anyone concerned they cannot purchse insurance?

Hi.  Yes, that's a concern for me too.  Another concern is the 10 day quarantine requirement to enter England from an amber country.... there is a transit quarantine exemption available but as far as I can figure you can't leave the port of entry - can't figure out how to integrate an international flight without the ability to book a hotel for one night before travelling to the ship.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MarynotMartha said:

Hi.  Yes, that's a concern for me too.  Another concern is the 10 day quarantine requirement to enter England from an amber country.... there is a transit quarantine exemption available but as far as I can figure you can't leave the port of entry - can't figure out how to integrate an international flight without the ability to book a hotel for one night before travelling to the ship.  

I thought the cruises out of the UK at the moment were for UK residents only.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, K_e_short said:

 

July 10th by any chance? I booked the 12 day cruise July 10th - 22nd. 

I had a casino offer so with 3 people it's costing me $1000 USD and thats high because my mom wanted to come along and as a 3rd person she costs $400.

Yep that’s the one!  I like the Europe cruises that Carnival does.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

I thought the cruises out of the UK at the moment were for UK residents only.

There are 4 cruises over the summer for UK residents only, after that Princess has opened the cruises to everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 11:48 AM, Josie201 said:

Hi Pixie - I will be following your travel and testing process with interest.  We aren't going until November and I know things can change, but I have to admit I find the testing requirements confusing!  I hope the test Celebrity administers on board is adequate for the return flight/entry into Canada as we are scheduled to fly home the day we disembark.  We are flying in four days early, and I'm still not sure if we'll need another test before we board the ship since it will be more than 72 hours.... And I assume the test we need to fly is of the $200 variety - I hope these requirements ease soon.

 

Hi @Josie201 just wanted to let you know that I will have no information to post. The cruise line has let us cancel the cruise with a full refund since the CDC will not recognize and AZ/Moderna mix as being fully vaccinated.

 

I am sad but I will not sail and be classified as unvaccinated when I am.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Hi @Josie201 just wanted to let you know that I will have no information to post. The cruise line has let us cancel the cruise with a full refund since the CDC will not recognize and AZ/Moderna mix as being fully vaccinated.

 

I am sad but I will not sail and be classified as unvaccinated when I am.

Thanks for the update.  Very sorry this happened to you.  I am hopeful things will change by our time in November.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 8:35 PM, pixiedust777 said:

We are booked on the Celebrity Edge out of FLL for Aug 7th.

As soon as the hotel quarantine was dropped we booked.

We will need to get an Antigen test in order to board the plane to the U.S and Celebrity will administer the required RT-PCR test for our return flight to enter Canada.

Did you contact Celebrity directly to find out about the RT-PCR test. I am booked on the Edge for September 11 and waited on hold for over an hour and didn't get through.  Not sure when to book my flights for.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, brontravel said:

Did you contact Celebrity directly to find out about the RT-PCR test. I am booked on the Edge for September 11 and waited on hold for over an hour and didn't get through.  Not sure when to book my flights for.  

Yes. was told that the test required to enter back into your home country would be provided if you were flying home the day the cruise disembarked.

 

Please keep an eye on things as we have seen over the last four days things change in the blink of an eye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Yes. was told that the test required to enter back into your home country would be provided if you were flying home the day the cruise disembarked.

 

Please keep an eye on things as we have seen over the last four days things change in the blink of an eye.

Sorry to see you had to cancel your cruise.  I am beginning to think it's just too soon to plan for us Canadians to get back to cruising life.  But I will likely wait until last minute to cancel, because it was such a great price.  But I won't go if I can't get full coverage medical insurance. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, brontravel said:

But I will likely wait until last minute to cancel, because it was such a great price.  But I won't go if I can't get full coverage medical insurance. 

That seems to be sensible.

Depends on your preferred cruise line but, we have put modest deposits on several cruises with final payment due 90 to 120 days out (depending on the length of the cruise). We are cancelling them before the penalty dates and bouncing that deposit to a later time. Cruises with our preferred cruise line are filling fast so this allows us to be right there when things become reasonable for us to cruise - first hurdle is Canada to remove the warning on cruising so that Insurance companies cover us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We will be cruising on the Celebrity Edge on August 7.  We need an antigen test up to 72 hours before to board the flight to FT Lauderdale, then Celebrity will give us a PCR test free of charge Up to 72 hours before we board the plane back home.  Since we will be back after August 9, when our border is opening to US residents, we do not need to take the antigen test upon landing back in Toronto and no quarantine.

Luckily I did not get caught in the mixed vaccine nightmare. I feel bad for those who did.

I will be watching Don''s Family vacations on Yutube as he is Canadian.  I think he boards this weekend. 

 

Nathalie

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 6:41 PM, bunnyette said:

Yep that’s the one!  I like the Europe cruises that Carnival does.

 

Sorry. Totally missed your response.

 

Lets hope we both can be on that cruise and the vaccination requirements are changed by then.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, princessa said:

We will be cruising on the Celebrity Edge on August 7.  We need an antigen test up to 72 hours before to board the flight to FT Lauderdale, then Celebrity will give us a PCR test free of charge Up to 72 hours before we board the plane back home.  Since we will be back after August 9, when our border is opening to US residents, we do not need to take the antigen test upon landing back in Toronto and no quarantine.

Luckily I did not get caught in the mixed vaccine nightmare. I feel bad for those who did.

I will be watching Don''s Family vacations on Yutube as he is Canadian.  I think he boards this weekend. 

 

Nathalie

Where did you get travel insurance for the cruise??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...