Piraeus to the Airport

forgap

We have an upcoming cruise on Regent in May.  I am posting here as SS Moon has just started cruising in Greece and I am trying to get a feel for the timing from leaving the ship to getting to the airport.  To make me more legit on this board, we are on SS in August, Tromso to Reykjavik, and I have been reading this forum for some time.  

We are booking our flights using points and the best itinerary leaves ATH at 10:15 am.   The ship docks at 5:00 am.   Is it realistic to book this flight with covid protocols, reduced staffing, immigration etc.?  

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

You should call your Cruise lines. Because a lot of time we get a notice stating that we should not book any flights leaving before 12PM. So Regent will be your best place for information. 

Good luck and have a nice cruise

• Like 1

You might want to consider your second best itinerary.    Ship docking at 5 AM is no indicator of when you are able to disembark.   Pray for no strikes happening on your arrival date.

Thank you for your helpful advice.  Our best solution was to delay our flights by one day.  This allows us to explore Piraeus and get to the a airport in a leisurely manner.  Happy cruising!  Can’t wait to try SS next year!  

• Like 3