Cancellation Notifications

2 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Booked on Anthem 9/5 and 9/12 - and has started sailing out of Southampton with only UK passengers doing UK itinerary - 9/5 is Norwegian Fjords and 9/12 Northern Europe -both sailing out of Southampton -  wondering when/if they would change the itinerary and when/if they will allow US passengers.  Any information or thoughts - greatly appreciated  - Stay well and safe - thank you

We're on the October 9th and 20th out of Southampton.   The 20th,  the TA was missing until recently.   I booked plane tix and hotel.  I am thinking positively. 

11 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We sure hope so!  Booked on Radiance in December.  The ship started moving from Singapore and is now south of Sri Lanka.  Hope she keeps coming this way!  😀

Agree.  We are booked on the Radiance  in December for the holidays.  We are counting on her sailing. 

On 7/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

Make that the 22nd of August for the Oasis Test Cruise from Bayonne, assuming that Cape Liberty has given them the OK. Then they have to wait for the CDC to give them approval after the test cruise. (hoping that no one is or shows a positive reading) Don't forget it still has to be capacity controlled too. Then the ship will need to stock provisions for the passenger occupancy whatever it turns out to be. Talk has been the first cruise to be September 5th. Second week is September 12th. As it draws closer I'm sure there will be more to read up on.

How will they handle capacity control out of NJ? We're booked on 9/12 Oasis which seems to be looking good, but if capacity is an issue, why are they still accepting bookings? Will they bump people off? 

5 minutes ago, gizbywife said:

How will they handle capacity control out of NJ? We're booked on 9/12 Oasis which seems to be looking good, but if capacity is an issue, why are they still accepting bookings? Will they bump people off? 

Well ..it's all about the $. If they can get people to still book and the cruise gets cancelled then they'll offer them a future cruise credit, a lift and shift or a refund. All except the refund means that you'll have to book something in 2022. Tonight Royal announced four of their ships having their itinerary getting cancelled in the upcoming months, NONE were from the US. The Oasis was NOT one of them, so not to worry right now. However, as time and logistics play a big part in this cruise beginning on September 5th, the CDC will have to certify them after their Test Cruise being held on August 22nd- 28th. After that they'll need to stock up on provisions.  My opinion is that the Oasis wont have as many "takers" sailing out of Bayonne as the Florida ships will. I'm thinking that IF it goes and Port Liberty is opened for them, then the Oasis will go south with all their passengers. So far there's been no posts saying people have been turned away. Just an opinion from a D+ member.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gizbywife said:

I’m guessing they’re already limiting capacity which is why so many categories are closed on my 10/24 Oasis sailing. If not, they’ll probably do like the airlines do when they overbook, offering volunteers to take a different sailing with some incentives. 

4 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I’m guessing they’re already limiting capacity which is why so many categories are closed on my 10/24 Oasis sailing. If not, they’ll probably do like the airlines do when they overbook, offering volunteers to take a different sailing with some incentives. 

We are booked on the same cruise and are scared about the 50% capacity limits.  No idea how they are going to figure that out.  We are Canadian and wondering if people from outside of the US will be the first people bumped.

On 7/4/2021 at 5:27 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

There will be lot more cancellations.  Royal will not have all their ships sailing by September.  they are hoping by the end of the year

We are booked on the Sept 5th Allure sailing.  It hasn't shown up on the website for some time now.  Do you know if that's because its "sold out"?  Can we assume it's still sailing?

4 minutes ago, hardinggrad said:

We are booked on the Sept 5th Allure sailing.  It hasn't shown up on the website for some time now.  Do you know if that's because its "sold out"?  Can we assume it's still sailing?

It is still listed in CruisingPower with all of the categories showing "Closed".  This pattern has typically meant that the cruise is "sold out" (due to limited capacity).  Looks like they are still planning on sailing but who knows for sure at this point ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hardinggrad said:

Was that one of the8 day sailings?  If so then that's the reason it's closed....CDC not allowing sailings more than 7 days. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was that one of the8 day sailings?  If so then that's the reason it's closed....CDC not allowing sailings more than 7 days. 

No.  It's a "7 night Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day" cruise.  (Sept 5 - 12)

3 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

We are booked on the same cruise and are scared about the 50% capacity limits.  No idea how they are going to figure that out.  We are Canadian and wondering if people from outside of the US will be the first people bumped.

I hope not...that would be a lousy thing to do especially if you booked earlier than the non-bumped.  Let's hope we all sail!

13 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I hope not...that would be a lousy thing to do especially if you booked earlier than the non-bumped.  Let's hope we all sail!

Well we've moved the cruise 3 times because of covid... but our original first cruise was booked more than 2 years in advance.  Literally the day the itineraries were released.  We are a big group so we all have to organize our schedules so we book way in advance.  I've got all my fingers and toes crossed! I'm much more hopeful now that a test cruise is booked.  Now its the 50% capacity that is worrying me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Has RCL been turning 8/9 day itineraries into 7 yet? Have you heard if that is under discussion at all? Otherwise I'd assume they will all be cancelled?

9 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Has RCL been turning 8/9 day itineraries into 7 yet? Have you heard if that is under discussion at all? Otherwise I'd assume they will all be cancelled?

The only one that I am aware of was an 8 day Allure in Nov that they shortened to a 7 day but I don't think that had anything to do with the 8 day ban.  I think it was a scheduling thing.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, zpdw484 said:

@Ourusualbeach Any idea when we can expect the next round of cancellations? Or any info on ships resuming sailings beyond the end of next month? Thanks

RCI has been fairly consistent in putting out cancellations and other types of notifications of that nature the first week of each month. Last week ( first week of July) we saw four happening. If there's going to be changes in September for cruises out of NJ and NY as an example I'd expect them to get the notifications out the first week of August. Of course, the Test Cruises for Bayonne begin on August 22nd. If there's any issues as a result then those affected will find out after the CDC gives the OK or cancel order for the Oasis to do two months worth of sailings from there.

We are on the Dec 23rd holiday cruise on the Allure.  They are still selling that one   - wonder if cruising will be up to 100% capacity by then and if not, how will they bump......

In early July I read that the Voyager's cruises were being cancelled. Anyone know if RCI will keep her in Asia or return her back to the US for another undisclosed, yet to be announced itinerary ?