Jump to content

EDGE JULY 10, 2021 (semi) LIVE


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Unless it gets you in trouble with the girlfriend, we would love to see you take a selfie with them and post it here!😎

You really want to get me in trouble.  LOL!  I actually have a couple I took yesterday when I saw them.  The one I posted is the only I’ll put here, though.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided to do a quick trip to the Buffet instead of Luminae for breakfast this a.m. to post.  Really nice selection of made to order eggs,  meats, fresh fruit, breads, cereals and yogurts.  Well done!

E28FBECD-8216-4F84-9D48-A5A8B30B38A2.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You really want to get me in trouble.  LOL!  I actually have a couple I took yesterday when I saw them.  The one I posted is the only I’ll put here, though.

I find it sad that these girls think that they need to act and behave the way they are. It has to be an act. No person with an ounce of self esteem would  treat themselves like this.

From the sounds of it the attention they are receiving is not positive and the girls seem okay with that as long as it is attention.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

I find it sad that these girls think that they need to act and behave the way they are. It has to be an act. No person with an ounce of self esteem would  treat themselves like this.

From the sounds of it the attention they are receiving is not positive and the girls seem okay with that as long as it is attention.

 

 

Excellent points, and I concur.  Good or bad, attention is attention.  And, that’s something they seem to seek in abundance.  Entertaining on my end, but sad nonetheless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Excellent points, and I concur.  Good or bad, attention is attention.  And, that’s something they seem to seek in abundance.  Entertaining on my end, but sad nonetheless.

They are probably doing it for Twitter or Instagram or social media trying to get their numbers up.  Common these days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Good Morning…..Casino drink service was good….which was a minor surprise, given the drinks were free and it’s highly unusual to get good service in cruise ship casinos.

 

Pet peeve…..I actually won about $600 playing Hold’Em last night.  I was up about $800, but got greedy near the end.  I doubt anyone will mistake me as a pro poker player.  It really isn’t hard to take money from guys who have watched some YouTube poker videos and believe they KNOW how to play well.  Add in some alcohol, and it’s pretty easy to bluff and trap them.

 

Here’s my teeny rant.  The rake is 15% (up until $150/hand).  Seriously?  So, my winnings were really $700 without the rake.  I get it.  The dealer has to be paid, and the casino needs to make money.  But, that’s a $100 rake just from me.

 

Still, had fun.  And, came away with a few more Benjamins than what I walked in with.  So, happy about that.

 

Congrats on making money at the casino!  My drink service was so bad during the night time on the previous X cruise I stopped using the server in favor of walking to the casino bar myself.  Server, there appeared only to be one as every time I went it was always the same person, routinely took a minimum of 20mins from drink order to drink which isn't that bad except they have your keycard that entire time.  Can't leave if a friend texts you to tell you they're holding a bar seat for you at the Martini bar.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Decided to do a quick trip to the Buffet instead of Luminae for breakfast this a.m. to post.  Really nice selection of made to order eggs,  meats, fresh fruit, breads, cereals and yogurts.  Well done!

E28FBECD-8216-4F84-9D48-A5A8B30B38A2.jpeg

That's the exact area of the buffet I enjoy sitting at to have my meals. The double height windows offer great light and views (although the tables are a bit tight together there) and is one of the best features of the E class buffet design.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

I find it sad that these girls think that they need to act and behave the way they are. It has to be an act. No person with an ounce of self esteem would  treat themselves like this.

From the sounds of it the attention they are receiving is not positive and the girls seem okay with that as long as it is attention.

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Excellent points, and I concur.  Good or bad, attention is attention.  And, that’s something they seem to seek in abundance.  Entertaining on my end, but sad nonetheless.

There's more to this than just an act. There are people whose personalities and drive leads them  to be overtly sexual, freaky ,kinky , etc. It's all great to an extent (and it's really great within a relationship ) but when it crosses into unacceptable , illegal  or dangerous behavior in public it can be  an addiction and a mental health issue. 

So hopefully they are just on the freaky fun side of things. 🙂

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

 

Congrats on making money at the casino!  My drink service was so bad during the night time on the previous X cruise I stopped using the server in favor of walking to the casino bar myself.  Server, there appeared only to be one as every time I went it was always the same person, routinely took a minimum of 20mins from drink order to drink which isn't that bad except they have your keycard that entire time.  Can't leave if a friend texts you to tell you they're holding a bar seat for you at the Martini bar.

Our table was drinking fairly prolifically, and we were spreading tips for drinks pretty liberally.  The table was an easy way to make money with the least amount of effort for a server.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

 

There's more to this than just an act. There are people whose personalities and drive leads them  to be overtly sexual, freaky ,kinky , etc. It's all great to an extent (and it's really great within a relationship ) but when it crosses into unacceptable , illegal  or dangerous behavior in public it can be  an addiction and a mental health issue. 

So hopefully they are just on the freaky fun side of things. 🙂

 

Agree, again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

 

There's more to this than just an act. There are people whose personalities and drive leads them  to be overtly sexual, freaky ,kinky , etc. It's all great to an extent (and it's really great within a relationship ) but when it crosses into unacceptable , illegal  or dangerous behavior in public it can be  an addiction and a mental health issue. 

So hopefully they are just on the freaky fun side of things. 🙂

 

Their culture is they're never sober, often on multiple substances, it's always party 365 days a year (until their health catches up to them).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Been a few people I talked to stating their husbands were propositioned by them.  They are looking for old guys with money.  These two would LOVE to have a film crew following them around based on the amount of and positions they set themselves up with as they are taking prolific amounts of selfies.

 

Again, I’m not a prude and I have no dog in the hunt.  But, as humorous and entertaining as I find their antics and the different reports of their goings on (mainly because I wonder if this is an act on their part, or really who they are), if they were as loud and obnoxious as they were in my two brief encounters with them, with others, I’d call security, too.

In all my time spent on CC over the years, this is the first I have read about a situation like this on X. I hope they won’t promote their antics on social media, X doesn’t need that type of publicity. I can't imagine those booking suites would want to encounter people behaving like that in the Retreat. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Good Morning…..Casino drink service was good….which was a minor surprise, given the drinks were free and it’s highly unusual to get good service in cruise ship casinos.

 

Pet peeve…..I actually won about $600 playing Hold’Em last night.  I was up about $800, but got greedy near the end.  I doubt anyone will mistake me as a pro poker player.  It really isn’t hard to take money from guys who have watched some YouTube poker videos and believe they KNOW how to play well.  Add in some alcohol, and it’s pretty easy to bluff and trap them.

 

Here’s my teeny rant.  The rake is 15% (up until $150/hand).  Seriously?  So, my winnings were really $700 without the rake.  I get it.  The dealer has to be paid, and the casino needs to make money.  But, that’s a $100 rake just from me.

 

Still, had fun.  And, came away with a few more Benjamins than what I walked in with.  So, happy about that.

15%--UGH. We were annoyed w/ 10% on RCCL a few years ago.

BUT it IS good to hear there are some TXHE games going. We play poker as do the friends we are traveling with. Have even each won a cruise or 2 playing on board. I prefer tournaments but have had pretty good luck playing cash on a ship. Poker cruises aside, we do find that on the average cruise there are 4 fairly evenly groups of players--passive & clueless, aggressive & clueless, passive with decent skills, and the rest of us (solid players). We've been playing a good 15 years & it's my predominant game in Vegas (mostly tourneys there).

Too bad you had to move from our cruise--pretty sure we would have had a good time at the poker tables!

Edited by KKB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Good Morning…..Casino drink service was good….which was a minor surprise, given the drinks were free and it’s highly unusual to get good service in cruise ship casinos.

 

Here’s my teeny rant.  The rake is 15% (up until $150/hand).  Seriously?  So, my winnings were really $700 without the rake.  I get it.  The dealer has to be paid, and the casino needs to make money.  But, that’s a $100 rake just from me.

 

woah.. thats new!

 

dont remember the rake when i sailed the Edge in 2019, but it wasnt that high!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

They are both exhibitionists.  If you want, they’ll pose for you to take a pic in ways her Mother would not approve of.

 

then obviously ask for a pic that Mom would not approve of!
and post it here!

or i'll give you my email addr :classic_blush: 😄

 

Edited by fstuff1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

In all my time spent on CC over the years, this is the first I have read about a situation like this on X. I hope they won’t promote their antics on social media, X doesn’t need that type of publicity. I can't imagine those booking suites would want to encounter people behaving like that in the Retreat. 

Do you really believe that suite guests are somehow morally superior? I'd suggest that cabin category has absolutely no bearing on a passenger's acceptance or rejection of this type of behaviour. JMO

  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Ok, lets agree that there are pros and cons.  As one who has spent far more then 1000 nights sleeping in balcony cabins here is my big negative!  There are many mornings when I will wake up before DW and my normal practice is to quietly go out onto our balcony/verandah where I relax with my Kindle and the view while DW continues to sleep in the cabin.  And it might be the same in late afternoons when DW might want to take a nap and I will sit on the veranda with a glass of wine and a good book.  The balcony is almost like having a 2 room cabin.  With the IV none of this is possible.  If I were to get up early and open the window it would surely disturb DW (not to mention turn off the A/C.   I honestly think the IV cabins as a deluxe outside cabin (not a balcony cabin) with a window that opens.  This is much different then a balcony that can be sealed off from the cabin via a soundproof door.

 

Hank

Hank I have the same routine and agree that an IV would be a problem for me.  So happy I read your note since I too think a regular balcony is almost like having a 2 room cabin, it’s important for me to be able to sit outside with the balcony doors closed and not hear the TV while I read and have privacy while doing so.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Do you really believe that suite guests are somehow morally superior? I'd suggest that cabin category has absolutely no bearing on a passenger's acceptance or rejection of this type of behaviour. JMO

Don't think the poster was referring to moral superiority.  Think he meant that if you're spending that much money for a suite and the special perks and restricted access areas, being annoyed by loud, obnoxious behavior might not be what you'd be expecting. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

Don't think the poster was referring to moral superiority.  Think he meant that if you're spending that much money for a suite and the special perks and restricted access areas, being annoyed by loud, obnoxious behavior might not be what you'd be expecting. 

And I believe the response was appropriate.  Because someone  'spends that much money' they should not be bothered/annoyed by loud etc/etc,  but the 'lower class' like myself in a basic cabin should be 'just fine' being subjected to the behavior???

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will post a review when we get home with my positives and negatives, but wanted to post this one negative here:  The chairs in the dining venues are terrible.  Every chair we have encountered has been HEAVY and difficult to move back and forward to the table.   It is compounded that the dining venues have carpeted floors making it even more difficult to move chairs. Now, towards the end of this cruise we find ourselves laughing at our exhaustion before the meal just from trying to maneuver the dining chairs. 😀

 

For the second time, I don't get a rocking chair in the middle of the cabins, again on carpet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

I will post a review when we get home with my positives and negatives, but wanted to post this one negative here:  The chairs in the dining venues are terrible.  Every chair we have encountered has been HEAVY and difficult to move back and forward to the table.   It is compounded that the dining venues have carpeted floors making it even more difficult to move chairs. Now, towards the end of this cruise we find ourselves laughing at our exhaustion before the meal just from trying to maneuver the dining chairs. 😀

 

For the second time, I don't get a rocking chair in the middle of the cabins, again on carpet 

You can always ask for assistance with the chairs.

And ask your steward to remove the chair in the room.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fortunately, we never saw the porn stars in the Retreat.

It's not a matter of moral superiority but the Retreat on the Edge is a quiet place, away from the noise and agitation of the other decks. The decks with parties and shows are fun but I love to be able to Retreat to a quiet place.

Besides that, I would be happy with a balcony.

BTW, the porn stars are in a suite.

They are entertaining, we see them everyday. On day 2, I saw one dancing on a bar next to the pool. The next day, my wife saw 6 security guards taking them to quiet corner and giving them a lecture. Yesterday, one of them was taken taken to "detention" but released later.

I don't know about today but we'll hear the gossips later. 

My wife says that they may be looking for temporary sugar daddies to amortize the cost of the cruise.

Or maybe they are YouTube "stars"?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

graphicguy --- what is your take on officers standing watch on the 2nd and 3rd levels above the Martini Bar in the evenings?  When we pass this area in the evenings we notice 1-2 officers standing near the back areas by the staircases looking down into the Martini Bar.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

I find it sad that these girls think that they need to act and behave the way they are. It has to be an act. No person with an ounce of self esteem would  treat themselves like this.

From the sounds of it the attention they are receiving is not positive and the girls seem okay with that as long as it is attention.

 

or they have very high esteem

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...