Jump to content

EDGE JULY 10, 2021 (semi) LIVE


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, jerrytex said:

GraphicGuy

 

Thanks for the wonderful Edge review, menu and photo.  I'd very much appreciate if you can post menus for the other specialty restaurants -- Petit Chef, Rooftop Grille and Fine Cut Steakhouse.

 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  We are going in November. 🙂

 

Thanks!! 

HI…only ate in two specialty restaurants.  Forgot to get pics of the Raw on 5 and posted menus for EDEN.  They rest I did not/will not try.  So, that’s all I got.  And, this is the last day of the cruise, so I am not sure I can get to taking pics of them. 

 

So sorry!

 

Suffice to say, my experiences and the experiences of others I spoke with on board, the other specialties are just as good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got off in Bahamas this a.m. just to walk around.  I’ve been to Atlantis several times, same for the Rum factory and the Chocolate factory.  Really, no need to see them again.  So, just wandered around the port area.  Unfortunately, it’s mostly still closed down.  Still quite beautiful, but still trying to catch up from COVID and ships just starting to come back.

 

Eerie, but in a good way.  You can see the transformations taking place.  As the ships come back, this area will be better and better.  They are constructing a new waterfront area right now.

 

Even Senor Frogs is closed……. :-0

92BAC5BA-DE0E-40BC-AB58-309C2A560AD4.jpeg

070F1F1A-334F-47F9-8318-6C5EFD4EAAE7.jpeg

90CAFBFA-9661-4CD2-867B-308E82B434E7.jpeg

CC1D8867-80DE-40FB-A710-D398694EC6FD.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Will have more info later about the Retreat and cruise in general.  Understand, I got very lucky.  I ended up with somewhere around $2,500-$2,600 in OBC, and am getting $425 back from my TA.  Granted, I gave all the OBC back to Celebrity for gifts and specialty dinners, so aside from the $425 TA rebate, I still spent money. But, I am bringing back a nice gift for the GF in return. 

 

Looking at it from that perspective, minus the OBC and rebate, I’m in this cruise, sailing in a very nice Suite for around $3K.  Was that worth it?  Absofreakinlutely.

 

I had booked this with the total amount in mind, though, when two of us were cruising.  

 

Frankly, I never lifted a finger.  Need dinner reservations made?  Done.  Laundry needs tending to?  Done.    Coffee in the a.m.?   Done.  Cabin refreshed every day, twice/day?  Done.  Private, calm areas  away from the crowds to hit the pool or have a drink?  Easy!  What are those things worth to you?  And, what would they be worth to your Mother?

Thank you for your thoughts.

My mother would love it. 

BUT I think she would NOT think it worth the extra $ (even if we were paying).

Might not be worth the grief!😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, KKB said:

Thank you for your thoughts.

My mother would love it. 

BUT I think she would NOT think it worth the extra $ (even if we were paying).

Might not be worth the grief!😂

I get it!  You’ll enjoy it, either way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jerrytex said:

GraphicGuy

 

Thanks for the wonderful Edge review, menu and photo.  I'd very much appreciate if you can post menus for the other specialty restaurants -- Petit Chef, Rooftop Grille and Fine Cut Steakhouse.

 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  We are going in November. 🙂

 

Thanks!! 

This might give you what you’re looking for.

 

 

 

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-kit/10/celebrity-edge-menus/

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

This might give you what you’re looking for.

 

 

 

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-kit/10/celebrity-edge-menus/

 

Great link!  Thanks.

 

When I looked at the dinner menu for Cosmopolitan, I noticed that their exculsives were the same proteins as the always available classics.  Anyone had them to report how they may differ?

 

This is a great thread.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This might give you what you’re looking for.

 

 

 

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-kit/10/celebrity-edge-menus/

 

Thanks bamaforcrusin but the website shows general menus.  The menus actually being used currently on the Edge are different.  The Edge menu that was posted in this discussion chain is very different than the website.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

This might give you what you’re looking for.

 

 

 

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-kit/10/celebrity-edge-menus/

 

ETA:  I should have kept reading since JerryTex said much the same thing.

 

I had found those a couple of days ago and enjoyed reading over them.  However, they all seem to be date from 2018.  I am thinking the menus will have changed in the past 3 years.

Edited by pno4te
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Hit the silent disco last night in the main atrium/Martini bar.  What a good time….

 

 

3D391858-43D5-409E-9537-03B8FAFBE46C.jpeg

34708E90-84B0-4139-A470-387FB646760D.jpeg

E6187543-C52B-44A3-B142-1B520E4FE3A4.jpeg

 

 

Thanks again for the great review and pics.

  This event seems quite crowded  and folks close without masks

.Was that the norm for events and venues?   What about dining?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, pno4te said:

ETA:  I should have kept reading since JerryTex said much the same thing.

 

I had found those a couple of days ago and enjoyed reading over them.  However, they all seem to be date from 2018.  I am thinking the menus will have changed in the past 3 years.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/celebrity-edge-restaurant-menus-and-guide/

 

No idea if these are different...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Great link!  Thanks.

 

When I looked at the dinner menu for Cosmopolitan, I noticed that their exculsives were the same proteins as the always available classics.  Anyone had them to report how they may differ?

 

This is a great thread.

 

Entirely different preparations & sides (for the most part...)

Salmon: pan roasted (with chard, clams, beans & garlic broth) vs. broiled w/ hollondaise, potatoes, veggies 

Chicken: Herb marinated w/ mushrooms & asparagus vs. grilled (garden thyme jus w/ potatoes & veggies)--preparation might be similar, hard to tell

Beef: totally different: strip steak w/ roasted veggies, parsnip puree & caramelized onion vs. sirloin with GUESS WHAT--POTATOES & VEGGIES! (give me a strip steak over a sirloin any day--especially with more flavorful sides!)

 

In every case, the Cosmopolitan daily choices appear to have a much more flavorful preparation than the classic choices. (pan roasting sears the meat imparting more flavor than broiling) as well as more interesting sides.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Great link!  Thanks.

 

When I looked at the dinner menu for Cosmopolitan, I noticed that their exculsives were the same proteins as the always available classics.  Anyone had them to report how they may differ?

 

This is a great thread.

 

 

I'm on the Edge 7/24 sailing and some menus are appearing in the app, if you have a booked sailing worth checking out the dining section of the app.

 

So Tuscan Exclusive entrees for example:  Grill Tuna Puttanesca, Strozzpreti Carbonara and Braised Short rib Pappardelle Pasta.  None of that appears on Tuscans Signatures nor the Classics

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm on the Edge 7/24 sailing and some menus are appearing in the app, if you have a booked sailing worth checking out the dining section of the app.

 

So Tuscan Exclusive entrees for example:  Grill Tuna Puttanesca, Strozzpreti Carbonara and Braised Short rib Pappardelle Pasta.  None of that appears on Tuscans Signatures nor the Classics

TRUE--the only one the same is the carbonara.

Too bad. I cannot do pasta (too much gluten is not my friend) & was looking forward to the polenta.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, hcat said:

 

 

Thanks again for the great review and pics.

  This event seems quite crowded  and folks close without masks

.Was that the norm for events and venues?   What about dining?

This was a 100% adult event, and 100% of adults are vaccinated on this cruise.  I have seen a few (very few) children on board, and they’ve had masks on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

This event seems quite crowded  and folks close without masks. 

Was that the norm for events and venues?   What about dining?

Awesome, and

Sure hope so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, just spent the afternoon at the pool.  Now, it’s time to begin the sad process of packing to disembark tomorrow.  As I look back on this cruise, the way it started (bomb scare at the airport) through the entertaining (like a train wreck) “porn girls”, to the new friends I’ve met, to the grand times all around the ship, its beauty, it’s over the top amazing crew…all of it, it’s been a top 3 cruise for me.

 

Once I get home, I’ll sort through many more pics and post them here, and give my final thoughts.

 

Y’all have been quite nice in following and commenting.  Thank you for joining me.   Hope I’ve provided just a small grin and given a little insight.

 

Talk again soon!

 

 

509BA2CE-173F-4730-9CED-B30B70A05102.jpeg

CC1FEC77-3250-4C00-99B2-7026CCAFB83F.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks graphicguy.  This was fun to follow and really got me ready for our September cruise.

Have a great trip home.

Edited by Duke95
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, graphicguy said:

Good question,  I’ll have to check.

 

Supposedly, they went from $8 = 1 tier points to $1 = 8 tier points which is generous change.  Many of us weren't sure if that was a typo but the $1 = 8 TCs appears in multiple places within the BCC webpages

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks graphiguy for a wonderful review. I'll be on the Edge in a few weeks and looking forward to it.  First time on the ship and my husband/I are extremely excited.

 

I hope your amazing girlfriend will love the jewelry you selected for her.  

 

Safe travels home and looking forward to your pictures!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

HI…only ate in two specialty restaurants.  Forgot to get pics of the Raw on 5 and posted menus for EDEN.  They rest I did not/will not try.  So, that’s all I got.  And, this is the last day of the cruise, so I am not sure I can get to taking pics of them. 

 

So sorry!

 

Suffice to say, my experiences and the experiences of others I spoke with on board, the other specialties are just as good.

I found this on Celebrity’s site about their menus.  Maybe it will help.

 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...