Am I the only one who is surprised MSC didn't do a USA Independence Day/4th of July sale?

Stockjock

Since they did a Memorial Day sale, I thought they'd do a 4th of July sale too, as it's an even bigger holiday in the USA than Memorial Day.

Kind of surprising, don't you think?  Usually, the cruise lines are looking for any excuse for a sale/promotion.

I agree, nothing  ..... More than likely it wouldn't result in any better pricing then what we have already anyhow for those who have something booked. My Seashore cruise went up $500 in the last couple months. 

3 minutes ago, xcell said:

None of the sales are actual sales, so does it really make a difference?

There are some where the prices are a bit lower, and/or include a bit of OBC.  Not amazing sales, but something at least.

• Like 1

A small sale starts tomorrow. Balconies for an inside cabin price. But...only on the Meraviglia sailings 8/2 - 9/13. I guess though a balcony on a 3 night starting at $179 isn't bad.

Bret

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

I’d be more surprised if an Italian focused cruise line based in Geneva, Switzerland would pander to national holidays that only we observe.     

True, but as mentioned before they did have a Memorial Day sale and 4th of July sales in the past though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

A small sale starts tomorrow. Balconies for an inside cabin price. But...only on the Meraviglia sailings 8/2 - 9/13. I guess though a balcony on a 3 night starting at $179 isn't bad.

Bret

Thanks. Ended up with balcony, fantastica for 731. I had same on armonia cancelled for 687 and 150obc. Lost 50obc and 30 bucks more but better ship. They honored 100obc for cancelled cruise.

5 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

True, but as mentioned before they did have a Memorial Day sale and 4th of July sales in the past though. 

Exactly.  Clearly, they do offer sales based upon USA-only holidays and they have many times in the past, as recently as last month.  

37 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

They still have the drink pkg deal going which started Memorial Day weekend,. Maybe that's the continuation for the fourth.

On the Memorial Day sale, they mentioned it specifically and had slightly better pricing.  Not a lot of difference, but a little bit.