Jump to content

Seabourn changes since the Pandemic pause


 Share

Recommended Posts

I thought I might start a new thread to talk about any changes made by Seabourn since the pandemic pause.  I'm not making a value judgment on these changes, just mentioning them as I find them reported.  

 

1.  Two glasses of champagne instead of a full bottle upon embarkation

 

2.  Seabourn has discontinued producing paper copies of the Herald (now available only through the Seabourn Source app). Seabourn has also discontinued distributing the paper calendars (perhaps this change applies only to shorter cruises) that show each day’s special events for the entire cruise (which is bad development as it seriously impedes planning with other guests, making TK reservations, etc

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

#1:  Is this true?  The welcome bottle of champagne has been de rigueur forever!  The room stew always greets guests with two glasses of champagne and canapés in the suite, along with the usual bottle of welcome champagne already set up in the ice bucket.  Did someone report that the bottle of champagne has disappeared?!

 

#2:  When you say "paper calendars", did you mean the social calendar that is distributed occasionally, depending on the cruise director and the cruise duration?  I agree that it is a good tool, and when we don't get it on a cruise, we make our own.

 

Question:  Just prior to covid, Seabourn had been switching over to big refillable pump bottles of bathroom toiletries.  Are they now being used, or has SB gone back to small individual bottles?

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

#1:  Is this true?  The welcome bottle of champagne has been de rigueur forever!

 

#2:  When you say "paper calendars", did you mean the social calendar that is distributed occasionally, depending on the cruise director and the cruise duration?  I agree that it is a good tool, and when we don't get it on a cruise, we make our own.

 

Question:  Just prior to covid, Seabourn had been switching over to big refillable pump bottles of bathroom toiletries.  Are they now being used, or has SB gone back to small individual bottles?

#1 Two glasses of champagne (for a couple in their suite following embarkation) was reported by a guest on the July 3rd cruise on a Facebook SB group. 

 

#2.  I copied and pasted a report from that same SB group.  I am a bit disappointed in this.  Even though I have an iPhone, I really don't like being glued to it.  I really prefer paper information.  Maybe I am a dinosaur?

 

I have not read a report on your question about refillable pump bottles for bathroom toiletries.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SLSD said:

#1 Two glasses of champagne (for a couple in their suite following embarkation) was reported by a guest on the July 3rd cruise on a Facebook SB group. 

 

#2.  I copied and pasted a report from that same SB group.  I am a bit disappointed in this.  Even though I have an iPhone, I really don't like being glued to it.  I really prefer paper information.  Maybe I am a dinosaur?

 

If it's the same report from the same SB group that I came across, it mentioned 2 glasses of champagne but did not say anything about no more welcome bottle.  As mentioned, the 2 glasses and the bottle were never mutually exclusive, so unless someone expressly confirmed the lack of the bottle, I wouldn't assume the bottle has been eliminated.

 

I would miss the paper daily Heralds as well, as I like to write notes on them and refer to them later for my diary. 

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

 

If it's the same report from the same SB group that I came across, it mentioned 2 glasses of champagne but did not say anything about no more welcome bottle.  As mentioned, the 2 glasses and the bottle were never mutually exclusive, so unless someone expressly confirmed the lack of the bottle, I wouldn't assume the bottle has been eliminated.

 

I would miss the paper daily Heralds as well, as I like to write notes on them and refer to them later for my diary. 

Good point about the champagne.  We will have to specifically ask.  

 

I will certainly miss the paper Heralds. There have been some cruises for which I didn't even take my cell phone or computer (my husband had his) and I enjoyed being totally unplugged.  I guess those days are over.  I mourn this a bit.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get where your trying to go SLSD but conceptuality is of no value;  would prefer the thread be started and updated by those who have actually sailed. Those of us who haven’t really have nothing to offer. I also do not think what is today will be tomorrow. Hopefully no offense taken…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think it's good to have this thread for those with first hand experience and knowledge to post and for the rest of us to ask our questions.  And while things will no doubt be changing, it's still good to have a running record of the changes made today and as time marches on.

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Cantara24 said:

I get where your trying to go SLSD but conceptuality is of no value;  would prefer the thread be started and updated by those who have actually sailed. Those of us who haven’t really have nothing to offer. I also do not think what is today will be tomorrow. Hopefully no offense taken…

No offense taken.  I've just been monitoring the reports and thought I would start a list of what I have read.  If you don't like it, I understand.   I am hoping that those currently sailing will add to the list--I just started it with a couple of items.  

Edited by SLSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dreamers can dream. I have cruises from Greece as well as The Caribbean (Barbados) booked  and want first hand info on both cruises rather than jibber-jabber of no value. This, I thought , was the purpose of these blogs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cuddles115 said:

Dreamers can dream. I have cruises from Greece as well as The Caribbean (Barbados) booked  and want first hand info on both cruises rather than jibber-jabber of no value. This, I thought , was the purpose of these blogs.

Fine.  This particular thread can end.  I was just sharing information I found interesting or informative and had no intention of irritating any of you.  If anyone else cares to pile on and criticize me for sharing information--go right ahead.  

Edited by SLSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cuddles115 said:

Dreamers can dream. I have cruises from Greece as well as The Caribbean (Barbados) booked  and want first hand info on both cruises rather than jibber-jabber of no value. This, I thought , was the purpose of these blogs.

Agree 1000% no need for second hand rumors.  Unfortunately this forum has gone years ago from very informative information to lots of hearsay from people who now think it is their personal social platform to say anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a bottle of champagne on ice in our suite as well as glasses of champagne handed to us by the room supervisor who introduced us to her/our stewardess. We had the paper double sided program in the door slot this morning although it is on the app and the tv. I will ask for it to stop as it is wastage.

 

Happy and healthy sailing!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another change is the poolside Patio now offers well-being breakfast with tagines, open sandwiches, smoothies and the usual cheery, fun service. Great addition to the Colonnade!

 

It’s 9 am and we are all of 4 couples. Blissful.

 

Happy and healthy sailing!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, markham said:

Another change is the poolside Patio now offers well-being breakfast with tagines, open sandwiches, smoothies and the usual cheery, fun service. Great addition to the Colonnade!

 

It’s 9 am and we are all of 4 couples. Blissful.

 

Happy and healthy sailing!

I love the idea of the additional breakfast venue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At embarkation pier side we were tested and that was that. We were on board within 30 minutes. Today is day 3 and we expect to be tested on day 6. No temperature checks to date.

 

Happy and healthy sailing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 12:20 AM, SLSD said:

I thought I might start a new thread to talk about any changes made by Seabourn since the pandemic pause.  I'm not making a value judgment on these changes, just mentioning them as I find them reported.  

 

1.  Two glasses of champagne instead of a full bottle upon embarkation

 

2.  Seabourn has discontinued producing paper copies of the Herald (now available only through the Seabourn Source app). Seabourn has also discontinued distributing the paper calendars (perhaps this change applies only to shorter cruises) that show each day’s special events for the entire cruise (which is bad development as it seriously impedes planning with other guests, making TK reservations, etc

On board now.  Full bottle of champagne.  When we first boarded there was no paper Herald, but probably due to a lot of complaints paper dailies are back.  Moulton Brown individual toiletries.  Other than crew having to be masked, all is as it were pre Covid.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today's e-mail promo reads ....all guests for 2021 cruises must be Covid vaxed.   Our intent is for the crew to be vaxed.    I didn't use quotes because I do not know how to spell words that have more than six letters.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious…what has happened with the card room and are there any organized bridge games?  We don’t sail again until next year, but I do enjoy the card game on at sea days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, saminina said:

Today's e-mail promo reads ....all guests for 2021 cruises must be Covid vaxed.   Our intent is for the crew to be vaxed.    I didn't use quotes because I do not know how to spell words that have more than six letters.

This is what I see on the marketing email from this afternoon, which only mentions "Summer 2021" voyages.  Where did you see "2021" voyages?  Or perhaps you got a different email?:

 

HEALTH AND SAFETY

When you sail with Seabourn, your well-being is our top priority, and we will continue to offer the highest level of health and safety throughout your voyage. Summer 2021 voyages are only available for guests who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Our intent is for all team members working on board those voyages to be vaccinated.
Learn about our enhanced health and safety protocols »

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

This is what I see on the marketing email from this afternoon, which only mentions "Summer 2021" voyages.  Where did you see "2021" voyages?  Or perhaps you got a different email?:

 

HEALTH AND SAFETY

When you sail with Seabourn, your well-being is our top priority, and we will continue to offer the highest level of health and safety throughout your voyage. Summer 2021 voyages are only available for guests who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Our intent is for all team members working on board those voyages to be vaccinated.
Learn about our enhanced health and safety protocols »

 

 

I did send an email to guest relations in Seattle regarding my concern regarding vaccinated passengers only. Included in their reply I received a few days ago was this comment

 

"At this stage in our restart phase, we have decided that regardless of age, guests on all Seabourn voyages departing through January 15, 2022 must be fully vaccinated. Specific requirements for other itineraries from January 16, 2022 and beyond will be finalized once we have approval to operate from the respective destinations. Once we have those details, they will be shared with guests."

 

So based on this it confirms saminina's comment that all voyages in 2021 will require vaccinated passengers only.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, frantic36 said:

 

I did send an email to guest relations in Seattle regarding my concern regarding vaccinated passengers only. Included in their reply I received a few days ago was this comment

 

"At this stage in our restart phase, we have decided that regardless of age, guests on all Seabourn voyages departing through January 15, 2022 must be fully vaccinated. Specific requirements for other itineraries from January 16, 2022 and beyond will be finalized once we have approval to operate from the respective destinations. Once we have those details, they will be shared with guests."

 

So based on this it confirms saminina's comment that all voyages in 2021 will require vaccinated passengers only.

 

Similarly, I had heard earlier this month that SB is very likely to require vaccination for all voyages through the end of 2021, and I've been waiting for the official announcement to come out.

 

If someone has received or seen such an official announcement, please share a link or visual.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Now, if only the crew could take off their masks.    If they are all vaccinated there shouldn’t be a problem.

 

I have no interest in booking a cruise until all onboard--guests and crew--are maskless.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...