Cabin Help/Questions: Equinox S1 AFT Corner Sky Suite

bnurick

So just got off the Edge June 26 sailing and booked a 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise.  Booked the S1 AFT Corner Sky Suite 8336.  I’ve seen some pictures and found a few reviews of S1 on Equinox.  Anyone have experience with (1) Cabin updates (2) Engine vibration (3) Anything else I should know?  Thank you in advance!

12 hours ago, bnurick said:

So just got off the Edge June 26 sailing and booked a 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise.  Booked the S1 AFT Corner Sky Suite 8336.  I’ve seen some pictures and found a few reviews of S1 on Equinox.  Anyone have experience with (1) Cabin updates (2) Engine vibration (3) Anything else I should know?  Thank you in advance!

We have sailed several times in S1 corner aft cabins on S-Class ships.  But not on Equinox so cannot comment on cabin updates or anything specific to Equinox.  But in general these are spacious cabins with nice balconies.  You enter the cabin through an external Foyer so it is pretty private.  There are one or two poles in the cabin.    But most people seem to get used to them within a day or so. There is a very nice (unique) port-hole window for in cabin views.  Depending on the ship and deck- sometimes there is window washing equipment parked outside to the side of your balcony.  If you have one of these cabins it only slightly obstructs your view looking toward the front of the ship. But I am pretty sure it will be above you on deck 8 so no worries.  The walk from the S1 Aft to elevators or stairways is fairly long so keep that in mind if you have any mobility issues.  We never experienced engine vibration or anything like that.  Some have reported soot on the balconies of some of the aft cabins but we never experienced it.  Enjoy this great cabin.  They usually go quickly!