What happened, and Any problem to change cabin after booking?

We are booked on Voyager, cabin 850. Almost all of the cabins that were more mid ship in that category were shown as taken when we booked.  Suddenly all of those cabin are available.  Any idea what happened? Group cancellation? Any known problems with with cabins 835-848? I've search, and all I could find was  one complaint about some wood trim with a very bad squeak in rough seas in cabin 842.

Most squeak somewhere - go into staff cabins and the ceilings are wedged full of bits of paper and stuff to keep it quiet. Call and they will swap your room toa free one.

5 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

We are booked on Voyager, cabin 850. Almost all of the cabins that were more mid ship in that category were shown as taken when we booked.  Suddenly all of those cabin are available.  Any idea what happened? Group cancellation? Any known problems with with cabins 835-848? I've search, and all I could find was  one complaint about some wood trim with a very bad squeak in rough seas in cabin 842.

We were in cabin 842 on Voyager in July 2019, from Barcelona to Venice. When transiting the Adriatic from Italy to Montenegro, we had high seas and had to divert to Bar, Montenegro rather than our scheduled port. Bar was a rather dull port, with only one excursion offered, and we had a very hard time leaving the dock as we were being blown against it so hard. But our cabin was comfortable during that rough crossing of the Adriatic (and I'm very prone to sea sickness), and we didn't notice any unusual noises. I would have no problem staying in that cabin again. On our last cruise (a back to back Singapore to Singapore, Singapore to Sydney) we were in 862. Since we were onboard for over a month, we splurged for a Penthouse B instead of the Concierge E, to give ourselves more space.

One even numbered cabin between 838 and 850 has  pipes from the swimming pool that make loud noises whenever the pool is filled or drained.  The noise has an irregular rhythm (unlike a grandfather clock's regular rhythm of chimes every 15 minutes) that was loud enough to wake you up and keep you awake.  Cabin change was not possible because the ship was full.  What surprised me was that the noise could not be heard in either of the adjacent cabins.

Please ask your travel agent or Regent what the number of the cabin is.  

• Like 1