Jump to content

Shot of the day


Recommended Posts

Years ago when we cruised, Royal had an advertised Shot of the day. Our group would enjoy always having the shot of the day sitting in the hot tub before dinner and again after dinner during dessert.
 

Last time we cruised a couple years ago, they didn’t have it anymore but the bartender said he could make whatever we wanted. 
 

Looking for suggestions for a list to bring with us to make our own shot of the day for our 7 day out of Barbados in February. I remember my favorite was the buttery nipple, but can’t remember any others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Never heard it called "shot of the day" but heard the special for the day called "drink of the day"(mixed drink). If I want a shot, my shot of the day would be Crown Royal, neat. 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I remember those it would be after dinner in the Mdr and you would keep the shot glass

Cant remember what shots they were thou

 

I just looked in my bar and the metal ones have the logo on one side and on the other it has loving cups stenciled on it

The glass ones just have the logo

Edited by jonbgd
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

I remember those it would be after dinner in the Mdr and you would keep the shot glass

Cant remember what shots they were thou

 

I just looked in my bar and the metal ones have the logo on one side and on the other it has loving cups stenciled on it

The glass ones just have the logo

Yes! Each night was a different color shot glass that you got to keep, it was a little extra to keep the glass with the drink package, so we didn’t pay to keep them. 

 

We had a group of 18 of us and it was fun to all have the after dinner shot of the day together. So I’m trying to make a good list of ones to give the bartender each night after dinner. And, maybe make a game out of shots for one day that our group will be staying on the ship 🤪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they did away with those after-dinner shots when they did away with the bar table service.  Such a shame.  Not long after they did away with the bar attendants we quit going to the MDR.  We haven't been back since !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

I remember those it would be after dinner in the Mdr and you would keep the shot glass

Cant remember what shots they were thou

 

I just looked in my bar and the metal ones have the logo on one side and on the other it has loving cups stenciled on it

The glass ones just have the logo

Thanks for unlocking that memory!! My parents had a full set each of the metal cups from the cruise we took when I was a child--I remember them as being tiny metal hurricane glasses in rainbow colors! I'll have to ask my mom if she still has them!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I think they did away with those after-dinner shots when they did away with the bar table service.  Such a shame.  Not long after they did away with the bar attendants we quit going to the MDR.  We haven't been back since !

2 years ago we sailed on Allure and had a bartender at our table for MTD. He didn’t know anything about the shot of the day, but the guy that runs the dining room got the head bartender to come to our table and said they don’t do them anymore but they could make anything we’d like and bring them to our table. We had drinks served at our table every night, did not know they got rid of bar table service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

They got rid of the after dinner shots, along with bar waiters right around the time they started drInk packages. 

Nope,  we've had a drinks package and bar waiters in the MDR on every cruise.

7 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

We had MDR bar services in 2019 after the drink packages started.

Thanks, you beat me to it :))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several years ago, I don't remember the exact year, we did a family cruise with my parents and several cousins~14 of us~on Grandeur and we had after dinner "shots" every night.  My cousin ended up with 2 full sets of glasses.  We took turns buying the rounds.  I remember one called French Kiss.  If we weren't relaxed enough after a long dinner, we sure were after a couple of those drinks.

Sue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s a list from a previous thread

 

 

America the Beautiful: Creme de Cocoa White, Blue Curacoa, Bailey's & Creme de Almond

 

B-52: Kahlua, Baileys, Grand Marnier

 

Beam Me Up Scottie: Kahlua, Frangelico, Baileys

 

Blow Job: 4 different recipes

1. bailey's and kahlua topped with whipped cream 

2. bailey's and amaretto topped with whipped cream

3. bailey's and butterscotch schapps topped with whipped cream

4. bailey's and cream de banana topped with whipped cream

Hands behind your back, pick up the glass with your mouth, tilt your head back and swallow.

 

Blue Eyed Blonde: Creme de Banana, Blue Curacao, Baileys

 

Brain Hemorrhage: Peach Schnapps, Baileys, Drop of Grenadine (mix the Bailey's and schnapps together, dot the grenadine on the mixture with a straw.)

 

Buttery Nipple: Bailey's & Butterscotch Schnaps

 

Caribbean Kiss: Tia Maria, Creme de Banana, Baileys

 

Chocolate Chip: Creme de Cocoa White, Godive & Bailey's

 

Coffee Toffee: Kahlua & Bailey's

Cool Running: Tia Maria, Creme De Banana & Baileys

 

Daisy Goes Crazy: Creme de Cocoa White, Bailey's, Amaretto & Creme de Almond

 

ET: Midori, Baileys, Vodka

 

French Kiss: Creme de Cacao White, Amaretto, Baileys

 

Hop, Skip and Go Naked: Creme de Almond, Midori, Amaretto, Baileys

 

International Kiss: Creme De Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Kahlua & Baileys.

 

Italian Stallion: Creme de Almond, Creme de Cacao White, Creme de Menthe Green, Baileys

 

Mind Racer: Kahlua, Vodka, Club Soda

Mudslide: Kahlua, Bailey's & Vodka

 

Nutty Irishmen: Frangelico & Bailey's

 

Pretty Woman: Creme De Almond, Midori, Amaretto & Baileys

Rattlesnake: Kahlua, Creme de Cacao White, Baileys

 

Screaming Orgasm: 2 recipes

1. Creme de Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Drambuie, Baileys, Cream 

2. Amaretto, kahlua, frangelico, bailey's, grand marnier topped with whipped cream

 

Sex on the Beach: Peach Schnapps, Vodka, Cranberry and Orange juice

 

Slippery Nipple: Sambucca, Baileys

 

Smashing Hasta la Vista: Kahlua, Bailey's Grand Marnier & Frangelico

Toasted Almond: Kahula, Amaretto & Baileys

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Limoncello was a shot but I had it on princess. 

 

Now I want to try that lemon drop drink next. See which is better.

 

Lemon drop is sweeter and since it's not straight liquor not as harsh. Can't drink them all night, but good. I usually order it as a shooter vs drink. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ATC cruiser said:

I still stand by my statement about no roving waiters with trays of after dinner shots since the drink packages started. 

 

That's not correct. My first cruise with a drink package on Royal was 2015 and we had shots of the day each night after dinner at the table for the weekend cruise. We all had the drink package so after the first night the waiters just bought the first round without asking. Some in the group got real messy after the shots so maybe that was the beginning of the end? 😂 The next year the same group did a weekend cruise again and no shot of the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ATC cruiser said:

Here’s a list from a previous thread

 

 

 

America the Beautiful: Creme de Cocoa White, Blue Curacoa, Bailey's & Creme de Almond

 

B-52: Kahlua, Baileys, Grand Marnier

 

Beam Me Up Scottie: Kahlua, Frangelico, Baileys

 

Blow Job: 4 different recipes

1. bailey's and kahlua topped with whipped cream 

2. bailey's and amaretto topped with whipped cream

3. bailey's and butterscotch schapps topped with whipped cream

4. bailey's and cream de banana topped with whipped cream

Hands behind your back, pick up the glass with your mouth, tilt your head back and swallow.

 

Blue Eyed Blonde: Creme de Banana, Blue Curacao, Baileys

 

Brain Hemorrhage: Peach Schnapps, Baileys, Drop of Grenadine (mix the Bailey's and schnapps together, dot the grenadine on the mixture with a straw.)

 

Buttery Nipple: Bailey's & Butterscotch Schnaps

 

Caribbean Kiss: Tia Maria, Creme de Banana, Baileys

 

Chocolate Chip: Creme de Cocoa White, Godive & Bailey's

 

Coffee Toffee: Kahlua & Bailey's

Cool Running: Tia Maria, Creme De Banana & Baileys

 

Daisy Goes Crazy: Creme de Cocoa White, Bailey's, Amaretto & Creme de Almond

 

ET: Midori, Baileys, Vodka

 

French Kiss: Creme de Cacao White, Amaretto, Baileys

 

Hop, Skip and Go Naked: Creme de Almond, Midori, Amaretto, Baileys

 

International Kiss: Creme De Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Kahlua & Baileys.

 

Italian Stallion: Creme de Almond, Creme de Cacao White, Creme de Menthe Green, Baileys

 

Mind Racer: Kahlua, Vodka, Club Soda

Mudslide: Kahlua, Bailey's & Vodka

 

Nutty Irishmen: Frangelico & Bailey's

 

Pretty Woman: Creme De Almond, Midori, Amaretto & Baileys

Rattlesnake: Kahlua, Creme de Cacao White, Baileys

 

Screaming Orgasm: 2 recipes

1. Creme de Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Drambuie, Baileys, Cream 

2. Amaretto, kahlua, frangelico, bailey's, grand marnier topped with whipped cream

 

Sex on the Beach: Peach Schnapps, Vodka, Cranberry and Orange juice

 

Slippery Nipple: Sambucca, Baileys

 

Smashing Hasta la Vista: Kahlua, Bailey's Grand Marnier & Frangelico

Toasted Almond: Kahula, Amaretto & Baileys

Used to have 6 or 7 of these back in the cabin in the good ole days !

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

 

That's not correct. My first cruise with a drink package on Royal was 2015 and we had shots of the day each night after dinner at the table for the weekend cruise. We all had the drink package so after the first night the waiters just bought the first round without asking. Some in the group got real messy after the shots so maybe that was the beginning of the end? 😂 The next year the same group did a weekend cruise again and no shot of the day. 

Ok. So it was shortly after the drink packages started that the roving trays of after dinner shooters disappeared. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Never heard it called "shot of the day" but heard the special for the day called "drink of the day"(mixed drink). If I want a shot, my shot of the day would be Crown Royal, neat. 

Agree. Drink of the Day use to come in a nice big Glass that you could keep and take home, couple mine had Ship Name on them. A cheaper plastic collector cup came years later. Have few of both kinds packed away somewhere...

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Darkingnj said:

I have this jewel from my honeymoon cruise on Monarch of the Seas back in '96.

Shooters menu RCCL.jpg

 

5 hours ago, ATC cruiser said:

Here’s a list from a previous thread

 

 

 

America the Beautiful: Creme de Cocoa White, Blue Curacoa, Bailey's & Creme de Almond

 

B-52: Kahlua, Baileys, Grand Marnier

 

Beam Me Up Scottie: Kahlua, Frangelico, Baileys

 

Blow Job: 4 different recipes

1. bailey's and kahlua topped with whipped cream 

2. bailey's and amaretto topped with whipped cream

3. bailey's and butterscotch schapps topped with whipped cream

4. bailey's and cream de banana topped with whipped cream

Hands behind your back, pick up the glass with your mouth, tilt your head back and swallow.

 

Blue Eyed Blonde: Creme de Banana, Blue Curacao, Baileys

 

Brain Hemorrhage: Peach Schnapps, Baileys, Drop of Grenadine (mix the Bailey's and schnapps together, dot the grenadine on the mixture with a straw.)

 

Buttery Nipple: Bailey's & Butterscotch Schnaps

 

Caribbean Kiss: Tia Maria, Creme de Banana, Baileys

 

Chocolate Chip: Creme de Cocoa White, Godive & Bailey's

 

Coffee Toffee: Kahlua & Bailey's

Cool Running: Tia Maria, Creme De Banana & Baileys

 

Daisy Goes Crazy: Creme de Cocoa White, Bailey's, Amaretto & Creme de Almond

 

ET: Midori, Baileys, Vodka

 

French Kiss: Creme de Cacao White, Amaretto, Baileys

 

Hop, Skip and Go Naked: Creme de Almond, Midori, Amaretto, Baileys

 

International Kiss: Creme De Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Kahlua & Baileys.

 

Italian Stallion: Creme de Almond, Creme de Cacao White, Creme de Menthe Green, Baileys

 

Mind Racer: Kahlua, Vodka, Club Soda

Mudslide: Kahlua, Bailey's & Vodka

 

Nutty Irishmen: Frangelico & Bailey's

 

Pretty Woman: Creme De Almond, Midori, Amaretto & Baileys

Rattlesnake: Kahlua, Creme de Cacao White, Baileys

 

Screaming Orgasm: 2 recipes

1. Creme de Cacao Dark, Frangelico, Amaretto, Drambuie, Baileys, Cream 

2. Amaretto, kahlua, frangelico, bailey's, grand marnier topped with whipped cream

 

Sex on the Beach: Peach Schnapps, Vodka, Cranberry and Orange juice

 

Slippery Nipple: Sambucca, Baileys

 

Smashing Hasta la Vista: Kahlua, Bailey's Grand Marnier & Frangelico

Toasted Almond: Kahula, Amaretto & Baileys

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...