Cruising with young adults

We are looking for a cruise for us and our mid-twenty year-olds and their two companions.  We have been on Oasis and Allure with them years ago.  I was looking at Harmony.  It receives a fair amount of good reviews, but I am reading many comments that make me feel as though it will be SUPER busy with long lines and waits.  It sounds a bit chaotic.  I feel that RCCL has always been a nickel-and-dime line and it sounds as if it has gotten far worse.  Johnny Rockets was free and now it is $12.95pp.  Many other complimentary offerings from the past are also gone. There are designated areas roped off in venues for Pinnacle Guests, Suite Guests and "Key Guests".  It doesn't sound as if this will be inviting/relaxing.  We actually have a credit on Celebrity.  The kids have sailed with us on Celebrity when they were younger....but I'm concerned that it will be too low-key and not enough young people on board.  Any suggestions for a ship ??  Even a resort.  Have been looking at the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana.  Sounds fantastic.  Only drawback may be the seaweed problem.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Our kids LOVED LOVED LOVED the Anthem 3 years ago. 

Our kids have cruised DCL, RCCL, Princess & Celebrity & say they have all been great.

I would look at the new Celebrity Apex or Edge--we are cruising both within the next year. 

Harmony is a great ship...I would ignore the negative reviews. We found it to be/feel less crowded than many other RCI ships we've been on. Your young adults would have a great time. 

IMO, while you mean well for them, you are over-thinking it. Regardless of people complaining about how everything should be equal for everyone (almost like you hear that elsewhere) there are arguably more choices of things to do locally on the Harmony than most other comparable vacations. It can be difficult to guarantee a certain age range anywhere. From a sheer numbers game, it's a pretty safe bet.

• 2 weeks later...

When I went on a cruise as a young person.  I was happy enough just playing trivia, shuffleboard, ping pong, and watching movies in the theater.  I guess I was easy to please and just happy to be on vacation.   I didn't really do many shore excursions either because I was too poor to afford them.  I just had fun walking around port wherever we were.  My husband and I shared an ocean view cabin with my sister and her husband.   We were packed in, barely able to move at all, but we all have fond memories of the trip.  

• Thanks 1

I did oasis when it was very new and never remembered johnny rockets being free for lunch. Before that there was a loyalty coupon that you could use for a free lunch. Breakfast was free and still is free.

When are you going. I ask because rcl is doing unvaccinated cruises right now requiring mask wearing.

Carnival and celebrity are doing vaccinated cruises that dont require masks. I would pick either of these to not wear a mask. I enjoyed both. I do have some rcl booked but I'm hoping they change, but they were booked before the mask rules were known.