Missing Immigration Information?

2ferfun

13 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

UPDATE:

OP here.

So, I spent 4 hours on the phone today.  Called the main line several times, called the ocean medallion people, got transferred to tech people and at one point got transferred up the line to someone "dedicated to Seattle and Southampton departures" and the gist is basically this:

The tech people are scrambling furiously to try to fix some fairly large glitches with the app and they are not doing a very good job of communicating to the rest of Princess.  Many other depts (customer service included) have no access to see what we have entered in the app.  Apparently a memo went out recently saying they are aware of some of these issues but there is no fix in place yet and no timeline for when there will be.  The problem with the PIF information is that Princess has to legally send that into the authorities by a certain deadline pre-cruise and then they cant let anyone else on the boat so...IN THEORY...if there were to be some type of data glitch and they didnt sent our info in on time then we wouldnt be allowed to cruise but everyone I talked to assured me that never happens and they will get it figured out.  In the meantime...as long as you get all the green checkmarks in the app you should be good to go. Maybe. They think.  😬

Fingers crossed!

OMG!!  Just hardly believable,  but it is exactly the situation I figured it to be for quite some time now.  The whole organization is hostage to a bunch of IT incompetents.  And if internal communication is bad, I just have have no words.  Other than get a new CIO - fast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Hmm... Just saw that after returning to that section of the MC App.  When I first went through the Personal Info in MC App (after a period of no access), I saw our old data.  Now I see nothing there, although all checked off.  More IT dumbness as they ought to be showing us what we have stored.

Pretty much! 

1 hour ago, caribill said:

First problem: Without a working app, you cannot learn or select what time you are supposed to check-in at the port.

Absolutely the first problem!!!!!!

18 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

I had that exact same problem.  I waited until the next day and tried again and it worked.

Did you take a picture of just the page with your picture or both pages picture one and signature one?

19 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

The problem with the PIF information is that Princess has to legally send that into the authorities by a certain deadline pre-cruise and then they cant let anyone else on the boat so...IN THEORY...if there were to be some type of data glitch and they didnt sent our info in on time then we wouldnt be allowed to cruise

Regardless of any submission requirement, I don't think any cruise line could start a cruise without a complete,

accurate manifest.

What if there were an emergency, and it was necessary to account for every person?

Passengers should not be liable for the app not working or not accepting your input.  Have you heard of anyone who's sailing to Alaska in a few weeks not being able to get their boarding time thru the app?  

6 hours ago, caribill said:

First problem: Without a working app, you cannot learn or select what time you are supposed to check-in at the port.

I understand this could be an issue; but why do passengers have to jump thru hoops when the app is faulty.  The cruise line should have a working app before they make it mandatory for passengers to put all info into the app. If you can't get the app to take your info; why should this be a passenger problem.  I would think that if 1,000 passengers are sailing on a California Coastal cruise;  all of them won't have apps.  Princess must have a backup plan somewhere in their offices in California. What do you think?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I understand this could be an issue; but why do passengers have to jump thru hoops when the app is faulty.  The cruise line should have a working app before they make it mandatory for passengers to put all info into the app. If you can't get the app to take your info; why should this be a passenger problem.  I would think that if 1,000 passengers are sailing on a California Coastal cruise;  all of them won't have apps.  Princess must have a backup plan somewhere in their offices in California. What do you think?  

Not sure Princess has a backup ... more akin to management by crisis.

pms4104; I cross my fingers Princess has their act together prior to sailing in a few weeks.  We shall see.  People will let us know how smoothly things go when they show up at the port in Seattle

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

pms4104; I cross my fingers Princess has their act together prior to sailing in a few weeks.  We shall see.  People will let us know how smoothly things go when they show up at the port in Seattle

Yes, I sincerely hope the IT people can turn this process into a carefree experience for all ... I suspect many of the issues people are encountering have their source in staff or team meetings with too much "what if we have OM do this or do that" ... just adding more and more expectations before earlier steps were firmly in place.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

I had that exact same problem.  I waited until the next day and tried again and it worked.

HOW did you "try again"?  Our passports failed to scan and then it dumped me to a screen to manually enter the info. We have green check marks but no scanned image of the passport. As far as the scan goes I can't see any way to "try again".

3 hours ago, CynCyn said:

Did you take a picture of just the page with your picture or both pages picture one and signature one?

I did just the one page but slightly up to include the signature above.  So the one full page and a sliver of the page above.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

HOW did you "try again"?  Our passports failed to scan and then it dumped me to a screen to manually enter the info. We have green check marks but no scanned image of the passport. As far as the scan goes I can't see any way to "try again".

It took me to that screen too.  I just closed out the app and waited to open it again the next day.  When I did it took me back to the scanning page and I tried again.

3 minutes ago, 2ferfun said:

It took me to that screen too.  I just closed out the app and waited to open it again the next day.  When I did it took me back to the scanning page and I tried again.

Ahhhh... Okay, thanks for the info. You just backed out and tried again the next day. Apparently by continuing on and filling in the information manually I "broke" the app so it won't let me scan now. What a surprise... app malfunction.

Lost the Green check for personal information this afternoon in the app.  Took a look and found new fields to enter our airport to be returned to in event of an Emergency, and where to enter our Departure Flights information.  Then finally got the Check Mark back.   

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I have been reading about your passport loading trouble for a while now and I have a few questions for you.  Unfortunately I uploaded my passport to the app for a cruise last year so everything carried over therefore I haven’t had to add anything new.  Anyway, when I go into the passport section of the app it has a little pencil icon for edits.    Of course this shows next to the picture of my passport so it may be that you don’t have the edit function? Is that true? When I tap this icon it takes me to the screen that has all my passport data with the picture of my passport at the top.  And the screen heading is “edit passport info”.   The picture also has the edit icon if I needed to scan a new photo.   And all the key information is enterable.  Do you show anything like this?

Do you have the app settings in your phone set to allow access to photos (for a security photo if you don’t want to take a new one) and camera?  It’s really the camera that does the scanning when you hold it over the bar code.  You probably know this from some of your answers to other peoples issues but threw it out there for others.

I’m sure you’ve tried all this but without seeing what you’re seeing (or trying) it’s very hard to help.  Just trying to understand some of things folks are seeing that is different from what I see.

• Like 1

I do indeed have a pencil icon to edit the passport info. It offers me "Keep As Is" or "Remove".  I suppose I could select "Remove" and see if it offers me the option to start from scratch and scan. If all else fails I can go that route and "maybe" it will actually scan this time - although it bombed on both my passport and my wife's passport last time. In "theory" there's supposed to be a major "update and fix" coming sometime after August 31. I'll likely wait until then and see what happens.

Having worked in IT and seen the disaster pushed on my users by a blown "improvement" where things were supposed to go mostly paperless and the users actually ended up with twice the work and the darn thing lost a ton of previously input data I hesitate to put a lot of faith in this travesty of an app being pushed on the Princess community.

Thanks for the input. Perhaps I will go the route of completely removing my passport info and see if it offers a second chance to scan. Heck, it "might" even work. It shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I saw this level of programming when I was in school but it was a learning environment. This is supposed to be a professional product.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I do indeed have a pencil icon to edit the passport info. It offers me "Keep As Is" or "Remove".  I suppose I could select "Remove" and see if it offers me the option to start from scratch and scan. If all else fails I can go that route and "maybe" it will actually scan this time - although it bombed on both my passport and my wife's passport last time. In "theory" there's supposed to be a major "update and fix" coming sometime after August 31. I'll likely wait until then and see what happens.

Having worked in IT and seen the disaster pushed on my users by a blown "improvement" where things were supposed to go mostly paperless and the users actually ended up with twice the work and the darn thing lost a ton of previously input data I hesitate to put a lot of faith in this travesty of an app being pushed on the Princess community.

Thanks for the input. Perhaps I will go the route of completely removing my passport info and see if it offers a second chance to scan. Heck, it "might" even work. It shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I saw this level of programming when I was in school but it was a learning environment. This is supposed to be a professional product.

When I use the "edit" pen icon, it offers me the opportunity to rescan.  Perhaps I also tapped on the passport photo?  Sounds like you are really okay.  I don't see a downside to delete it and re-enter.  Thought from a couple of days or so ago, you did not have that option.

13 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you have app issues and you can't get your medallion prior to sailing;  you can pick up your medallion at the port.  Yes I know some people want to book their dining times and boarding times; I know its frustrating and I guess you want to know during the 15 months of pandemic slowdown; why Princess hasn't fixed the app or at least made it work the way they advertise.  I believe it may be overload.  Medallion Mondays shows how things should work under ideal conditions;  but when 1,000 plus passengers all try to fill in the info into the app at the same time;  the app crashes, or it spins, or the info may make it in; then the following day its missing.  All this leads to passenger frustration.  Are the other cruise lines having the same issues?  I don't know because we are concerned about Princess since that is who we are sailing with in the coming weeks, months, and years.  I wish I could help some of you with your frustrations.  I am sailing Grand Princess on Oct 4th.  Filled in all my info in addition to what was already on file since my last medallion cruise (Feb 2019),  everything worked fine; ordered new medallions and just waiting for the boarding time slots to open.  Why does my app work like a charm and others have issues.  I am scratching my head trying to see how I can help some of you with the frustration.  At this point I am here to listen to your complaints and if I see a way to help or give guidance with the app I will try my best.  Cheers

AF-1    would like to take you up on that offer of assistance!

Prior to the recent update I had downloaded the app on to both my Motorola android phone and my Samsung android tablet.  Subsequently I was eventually successful (not without much aggravation!!!) in completing all information required at this time for 4 cruises, 3 of which are next year, all showing as ‘Green Lane’.

With specific reference to the cruise this November , since the update a couple of weeks back this cruise reverted to “Blue Lane”.  Specifically the Travel Checklist shows as incomplete.  On drilling down the Passenger Contract and Covid-19 shows as incomplete for both of us, all other items showing green.

Try as I might, I cannot access this item on either device to complete it again.  In fact I cannot access any item on the Travel Checklist, not that I need to, other than this one item.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Your thoughts please.

39 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Your thoughts please.

My thoughts are likely data corruption as this is the most frequent issue.

Probably won't help, but you could delete data and cache before deleting the app (but I am thinking those would both go when delete the app).  You could check the app release in Settings > Apps > MedallionClass and see for sure it is current version.  You could delete the cache and data there and then re-start App and login.  If the App functions as in moving about menus and such, then likely data.  Does your current version have DineMyWay in it under OCEAN Now section and also in the header for OCEAN Ready, you should see an icon of a dinner plate and knife, fork.  That is a quick access to DineMyWay from Ocean Ready section. 

You might mention any error message received from the App.  If no help here gets you going again, I'd write the Ocean Medallion team (navigators) and see what they might come up with.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Probably won't help, but you could delete data and cache before deleting the app (but I am thinking those would both go when delete the app).  You could check the app release in Settings > Apps > MedallionClass and see for sure it is current version.  You could delete the cache and data there and then re-start App and login. 

No customer of any company should have to go through this in order to use the company's product.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

No customer of any company should have to go through this in order to use the company's product.

Another no truer words were ever spoken (or in this case written) post.

racj846;  What you can do is click on your tiny picture in the upper left corner of the app, then click on my account.  That has your personal info, profile and payment info.  Click on the pencil to edit;  you are doing this just to see if anything is missing which could trigger your travel checklist incomplete notice.  If all that info is correct you should be able to see green checks under your travel checklist.  It took me two days to get all my info to take.  I would go in and input my info and the screen would go totally white.  I close the app;  now when I say close the app I mean I get out of the app and on the I phone you have to swipe up to totally close the app.  On an android you should have this same feature.  People think that when they hit the home screen button it closes the app;  the app is still running in the background;  so if there is any corruption with the app when you tap it again you still have same issue;  that is because the app was not completely closed out.  My suggestion to you is reboot your android phone and tablet. It is like rebooting a windows computer.  Any bad data gets thrown out when you reboot.  Most of the time this will work in resetting the app on your device.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

It took me two days to get all my info to take.

As I posted earlier:

8 hours ago, caribill said: