Menus from Horizon Elegant night

4 minutes ago, Circlt said:

This menu is virtually identical to the menu served on Panorama on Day 2 (Elegant night) in April 2020!  (See link and compare for yourself!). That is great news, menus appear consistent with pre-pandemic offerings!

https://eatsleepcruise.com/carnival-panorama-dining-guide-and-restaurant-menus/

I thought the seafood tower was new and your post confirms that. Thanks for posting. These dining upcharges will be a great way to spend all this OBC.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mondello said:

I thought the seafood tower was new and your post confirms that. Thanks for posting. These dining upcharges will be a great way to spend all this OBC.

It may be new to some menus or ships, but was around pre-pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see they still serve the undercooked broccoli I refuse to eat with the lobster. I tell my waiter he can hold the veggies but usually they dont. Its preplated and comes with the veggies. I just want two of the tails, appetizer and dessert. Thanks.

• Like 1

John said something yesterday in one of his live videos that will  eventually cause an uproar.  They are not doing table cloths during elegant nights now either.  Never been a big deal for me, but I'm guessing that it will upset some.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It may be new to some menus or ships, but was around pre-pandemic.

I wasn't sure, didn't remember seeing it offered before. I think it is a nice option for seafood lovers. Now I need to find out if there is an Elegant Night on 5 day cruises? We have a B2B on Valor next June.

3 hours ago, mondello said:

I wasn't sure, didn't remember seeing it offered before. I think it is a nice option for seafood lovers. Now I need to find out if there is an Elegant Night on 5 day cruises? We have a B2B on Valor next June.

There usually is one elegant night on the 5 night cruises if my memory is to be believed. Usually the first sea day

The menu appears to be much the same. After over a dozen cruises, it is difficult to get excited about most of the entrees. Removing table cloths reduces the amount of washing they have to do. They were removed prior to Covid for all nights except elegant night. This is another cost reduction and time saver for the staff. Overall, Elegant Night is really more of a business casual night. Men are required to wear pants (no jeans). I stopped wearing a jacket after about the 3rd cruise. It is a good night for the family to dress up if you want a family portrait. I love to go on cruises, but Carnival food is not a highlight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meggiesailaway said:

There usually is one elegant night on the 5 night cruises if my memory is to be believed. Usually the first sea day

Yes, you are right. I found it on an older thread. I just wasn't sure because we almost always go for 7 or 8 days.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:33 AM, Lem_On_Ade said:

Anyone know if the "port of call" menu is still being offered on the other nights?

I have the same question. I haven't seen it on any of the menus that have been shared. It was always a favorite of ours.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, bdever said:

Thanks Mike Dante for the gentle reminder to book Ji Ji Asian Kitchen for the first elegant night 😉now reserved yay!

Any special reason why you would skip the first elegant night for JiJi? I’ve heard good things about it but would prefer one of the nights when dining room menu is meh.

3 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Any special reason why you would skip the first elegant night for JiJi? I’ve heard good things about it but would prefer one of the nights when dining room menu is meh.

Because the MDR menu for the first elegant night is not appealing to me.